[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earring question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: il_570xN.520292817_dlsb.jpg (64KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.520292817_dlsb.jpg
64KB, 570x570px
What is the lifespan of a tiny gold earring? Do they last a life time or do they decay eventually?
>>
>>17875650
Depends on how you store them. There are mites that chew on metals like gold and silver for nutrition, but if you store them in a relatively cool, dry place, they probably won't get to them (invest in an airtight jewelry box if you live in Florida, though). Alternately you can put a lump of regular wax in with them and apparently it deters them for some reason, like mothballs.
>>
A tiny gold earring will last generations. Gold plated earrings will last generations. Even some kinds of cheaper jewelry, if well maintained, will live longer than a century.
>>
>>17875687
There's this tiny gold earring that i wear on my cartilage, i dont ever take it off. Is it safe and will it last forever?
>>
>>17875702
You should clean it as you should clean the hole every now and then.
What exactly do you expect it to do, slowly disentegrate or something? It won't.
>>
>>17875708
It's the same earring that i pierced the ear with. So i can literally leave it in for 50 years and it will be safe?
>>
>pierces own ear
>doesn't have basic knowledge of piercings or the ring itself
Just stop. I'm embarrassed for you, honestly.
>>
>>17875722
Like with every piercing, you need to clean it and the hole with certain frequency. But yeah, the earring will last if you take proper care of it.
>>
>>17875737
I was joking about the gold mites, dude, there's no such thing. They'll be fine if you take them out and store them in any old jewelry box.

Gold earrings are safe to leave in pretty much indefinitely, but you want to make sure to clean them (and the piercing) regularly, otherwise dead skin and other gross stuff will build up. You can do that while they're still in to some extent but you should still take them out and thoroughly wipe them down every now and then -- on the order of weeks or months (though it's fine to do it more frequently if you want a break or to change earrings).
>>
>>17875760
>>17875737
Durrr. Meant to reply to >>17875722, obviously.
>>
>>17875765
Did i mention its a cheap piece of gold, like the one you first get at a piercing shop.
>>
>>17875836
It really doesn't matter. Why do you care if it lasts forever anyway?
Most likely you'll lose it as these bitchy things are never seen again once gone.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.