[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend slept on the couch last night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1481941540783.jpg (36KB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481941540783.jpg
36KB, 500x646px
I was in bed chatting with the boyfriend (who was sitting across the room on the computer) and I told him something along the lines of "If you don't come to bed now I'm not letting you in the bed." and then fell asleep.
I wake up in the middle of the night to find him on the couch.

I was obviously joking. My tone and demeanor were playful, and his response to me pestering him was also playful, I think. I don't understand.
I woke him up and asked him why he was on the couch and to come back to bed.
We haven't talked about it yet and I feel like we should?

What the fuck happened? What should I do/say?
>>
>>17875544

apologize to him saying you meant it as a joke but you're all worried and nervous in your head thinking he took it seriously. play it off as an awkward moment on your part and he'll likely agree.
>>
I'm sure if you talk to him about it he'll understand! best of luck!
>>
>>17875544
OP, you sound emotionally cruel. Why would you threaten, even jokingly, to withdraw a man's right to sleep in a bed?
>>
>>17875544
I fall asleep on the couch all the time and the wife sleeps in the bed.

Let the man sleep where he wants and stop questioning him.
>>
One y'all is autistic.
>>
>>17875572
Because some men even to this day aren't spineless pussies.
>>
>>17875544

Probably was a joke and you're overanalyzing it.
>>
>>17875572
No she isn't you mong, She was obviously being fucking playful and he was back. Emotionally cruel my ass.

OP he could have just fell asleep on the sofa heck probably too the joke too far. Just apologize and tell him you weren't serious, Misunderstandings happen, Don't worry!
>>
>>17875597
Yea op, you got pranked, PUNK

so Kaufman-esque, I applaud him
>>
I suppose I'll just ask him about it and apologize.
Thank you all for your replies! Most of them were, surprisingly, very helpful.
>>
>>17875626
No problem. Don't ever come back.
>>
>>17875603
She "joked" about something emotionally abusive. Imagine if the guy had some something like 'do x or you don't get to eat food tonight"

>>17875594
Nice 4/10 appeal to masculinity, kys familia
>>
>>17875682
This one time at a family dinner I asked my gf to pass the gravy and she spilled a little drop of it on the table. I told her to see me in the kitchen and we excused ourselves from the table. We start fake fighting, I call her a bitch and she says "please not again!" and I clap my hands together to make it seem like I hit her. We make out a bit then head back to the table while she pretend sobs. The looks are great
>>
>>17875698
I hope this was at your family, and not hers.
>>
>>17875698
You've got problems my man.
>>
>>17875698
I doubt this but even so I laughed
>>
>>17875698
I don't know who is more fucked up, you for doing that or your family for putting up with it.
>>
>>17875698
kek
>>
>>17876007
Yeah this. Fuck that anon is sick. Poor girl.
>>
>>17875544
I don't know your boyfriend, but if his humour is like mine he may well have taken your joke threat literally, as a counter joke.

This just goes to show, some things you don't joke about, lest you be taken seriously even as a joke.
>>
>>17875698
God 4chan replies are so fucking over the top

This is clearly playful completely fine to me
>>
>>17876190
Definitely talk about it to your boyfriend OP just let him know what the joke was about. BUt Im also inclined to say OP's in the right here, most people would recognize the joke
>>
>>17876200
What i'm saying is he did recognize the joke, but decided to act as if he didn't.
It's the kind of thing i might do.
>>
He knew you were joking, and trolled you back by pretending to take it seriously.

I remember doing stuff like that to my ex all the time.
>>
>>17875544

just ask him before you harbor even more self doubt, goddamn
>>
>>17875544
>has guilt as evident by thread
>"omg guys I was joking what happened???"
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.