[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No artistic talent whatsoever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Woman painting.jpg (734KB, 1865x2376px) Image search: [Google]
Woman painting.jpg
734KB, 1865x2376px
Hello Anons, i'll try to be brief.
I have no real artistic talent, i can't manage to create or do anything that isn't completely shit. All around me I see people that manage to create awesome soundtracks, or that are good with an instrument, or that know how to draw/write etc... The fact that i can't create anything is slowly killing me. What do I do ?
>>
As long as you have a creative mind, you can usually find some interesting medium you can work in.

'no artistic talent' just sounds like an excuse. People who who have no artistic talent whatsoever for reals, do not find artistic talents to be admirable qualities to have.
>>
Some people have more talent than others, yes. But really what matters most is practice, practice, practice. The people you see who know how to draw have probably drawn all their lives for example.

What do you want to create? Can you take classes?
>>
watch this and then sit down and think about it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c1H92b_uLdU
>>
They practiced
Very few exceptional individuals are born with an inherent talent

Practice, everyone starts being shit
Practice until your hands bleed
>>
Not everyone is meant to be a scientist, or an artist, or whatever.
What are your strengths outside of artistic stuff? What do you enjoy?
I have little artistic talent, but I am not an artist, anyhow. I'm a ship's captain, but I build furniture as a hobby. It's math-heavy, detail-oriented, and I avoid freehand stuff like lathe-work. I can't even draw a smiley face without fucking it up.
Creativity is what you make of it. Some of the most creative people I know are creative thinkers, not creative doers. Writers, a forensic accountant, etc.

None of us are, or should be, just one thing.
>>
>>17875400
>>
File: k6QCXLgX_400x400.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
k6QCXLgX_400x400.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>17875367

pick the form of art you like the most, and just dedicate your spare time to it.

when i made my first video everyone told me i was shit. that went on for YEARS. i was trying to create my own animated web seires and yeah it was fucking awful. the people who had experience were awful and shit on me and told me i was an utter failure. im talking about years of adults bullying a highschooler just becuase i wasnt as good as they were.

lo and behold, they finished 1 or 2 good episodes, then disappeared, never finsihing their project.

i did five of my shitty episodes, then rebooted because i had improved. did two episodes, then rebooted. now my quality was BETTER than my bullies and i managed to complete my entire series after 8 years total of dediating myself to this art and this project.

one of the bullies who had disappeared came out and talked about my project. you know what he said? he said he watched my project and cringed.

pic related is him. he became a bus driver last i heard, hasn't made a movie in years, failed where i succeeded, and then gave himself a troll doll haircut, but still decided he was better than me.

the point im trying to make here is no matter how great you become stupid people are still going to act like they're better than you simply because they are themselves, and therefore must be perfect.

so dont worry about how good you are. just do your best, improve where you can and enjoy what you do.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.