[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nightmares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I get nightmares every night

I've tried sleeping pills, but the side effects arn't great
knocking myself out with hard liquor has mixed results

I walk around during the day like a zombie because I don't sleep right, and I'm often napping trying to make up for it

I'm sure everyone will be like "fix the problem causing the nightmares", but that's opening a real can of worms and there isn't a single cause

I just need to stop the bad dreams, any ideas guys
>>
>>17873885
>any ideas guys

maybe try some professional counseling ? there is some "sleep disorder" center near me maybe they treat this kind of stuff

definitely stop the booze, don't try marijuana

otherwise yes you really need to address what is causing these nitemares maybe they are based and your brain is trying to get you to take care of something.....

BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>17873885
Caffeine i hear pushes your dreams towards nightmareland. Also check to see that nothing raises your blood circulation before bed. Skullcap and mugwort tea is a nice herbal attempt. Taking notes when you wake up about what you dream about kinda helps you pick up on nightmare consistencies and you might be able to get that "oh okay i been here" feeling which is kind of a step towards lucid dreaming.
>>
>>17874069
>don't smoke pot
I am captain bad trip, last time I smoked weed I literally dug a hole in my back yard because I thought the government was going to bomb me

everyone else thought it was fucking hilarious
so yea, I learned that one

>>17874125
I have bad reactions to caffine, it just wacks me out in general
I had four the other week and felt like a astronaut walking around

I don't consume caffine, or any sugar to speak of

I'd rather not write notes about my dreams, I'd be worried someone would find them
sometimes I get recurring nightmares, or recurring themes but normally it seems random

sometimes I get kind of lucid, especially if I wake up in the night and go back to sleep
it really fuck with me during the day if I've been lucid at night
>>
If you suspect them to have significance tied to your real life issues. Talking about them would be best. Any close friends you can drink with and just discuss whos nightmares are the dankest? We all have them so its not like you are discussing really weird or bad situations that actually happened. You might just be too anxious and hyping yourself up for these weird dreams. Get creative on how to lighten your mood about this. In case you havent tried this maybe head over to /x and have some people into dream interpretation poke at them.
>>
>>17873885

as a general rule, using something to help you sleep just gives you nightmares. liquor, drugs, even melatonin is known to cause nightmares.

experiment with how you are sleeping. i get nightmares if i sleep on my back for some reason. super fucking weird.

consider what you eat before bed. notice any patterns? switch said pattern up.

take an hour before bed to chill with light hearted stuff. REALLY light. i had this problem where i was a stress-sleeper. so even if i wasnt having a nightmare, id have nightmare like reactions to my normal dreams. if i say, fell asleep after playing solitaire, id toss and turn all night dreaming of a solitaire game that i cant finish cuz i can tread the cards, just constant moving one card to another pile all night. it was weird. watch a cartoon? just flashes of that. nothing cohesive. just really stressful.

so its best to go with something super light. not too silly as humor will work you up.

is your blanket too tight? restricting your movement?

is it too cold? too hot?

is the bed too hard?

do you have stuff left undone for tomorrow? make a list of it before bed to let your mind rest.

drink chamomille tea.

try sleep hypnosis type music.

lock your door. sleep with a pet. sleep with a friend?
>>
>>17873885

here is the solution.

"Man these dreams are not in any way bad. not even that impressive. Let's see whats worse than what I just dreamed? I will imagine myself raping a baby. Yeah thats worse. I will imagine being a baby raping myself as the adult. Thats worse. Whats worse than that, uhh, I will imagine wrapping my mother's face in piano wire and tying one end to a door knob and slamming the door... yeah thats worse... wellp I am still here alive and pissed my own pants at how horrible thinking of those things while awake was. Everyone else I walk by on the street including teenage and younger children probably wouldn't even be provoked to do more than laugh at me on 4chan for even asking this question. What was my problem again? I'm tired I'm gonna sleep. I am gonna think about... Why wendy's commercials are so fuckin terrible... Wanna think about how big a titties I wish I could fuck in my lifetime. Where can I find a girl with those big unimaginable bouncy delicous titties-"

theres your solution. control your own thoughts. show yourself you are in control. wtf bro
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.