[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I even bother making friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: bird.jpg (37KB, 400x529px) Image search: [Google]
bird.jpg
37KB, 400x529px
Some days, I feel like I could disappear from existence and nobody would notice. Even some of the closer friends I've made over the past few years, I don't get along with very well and they seem too occupied spending time with others in this group of friends we have to bother seeing how I'm doing until I'm the one who speaks up. These are people I used to talk to every single day and these days it just doesn't seem like they try anymore. They're people I've traveled quite a far distance to spend time with in person. It's like everyone matters all of the time except for me and when I do, it's only when I can be of some convenience to them.

Is it normal to have to be the one to start a conversation to get any sort of conversation? I was always told that if I wanted friends or to be invited places or to do anything I had to, but why is it my job to do it all of the time and nobody else's to go to me, ever? Why do people randomly just talk to everybody around them except for me? I'm not an intimidating person or anything. I just have no idea how to find people who actually want to be around me. I don't really share interests with anybody. I can talk to people one day about something, exchange phone numbers, talk maybe once and then I'll never hear from them again. What am I supposed to do?
>>
Anybody?
>>
OP, I feel the same way. I got into social media just to talk to friends over the internet. And you know what? They don't bother starting a conversation, or schedule where and when to hang out. It stinks...
>>
>>17874280

I did too. I even have a Facebook account and I barely use it. Nobody from school bothers messaging me, yet I see post after post on everybody's profiles directed to others and plans with specific people tagged. These are people I knew in school who wouldn't seem to notice if I just kind of vanished. I just don't know how literally everyone else seems to be getting smothered by people when I don't even have one person to talk to or do anything with.

It makes it even more difficult for me when even my long distance friends I met online and went so far out of my way to visit have stopped trying to talk to me. It's like, they'd all be okay with doing something if I asked, but they'd never ask me, and if it came down to someone else asking someone to talk or do anything, and me, they'd choose them. I'm not "first" in anybody's book and among that group of friends, probably last or near last in everyone's.
>>
>>17873839

friends and romance aren't that different.

men have a bad habbit of settling for the first person to not ditch them. as a result most men are dating women they don't actually love, and hang out wiht friends they don't actually have feelings for. its sad.

the solution? look around. try to meet people and hang out a few times and see what clicks.

it took me a long time to find one friend who actually likes me, and he even just calls me on the phone just to talk like were chicks in the 90s or something. but he's a great bud and has my back and i know I'm in his mind and heart (as gay as that sounds) because his girlfriend refers to me as his 'second girlfriend' because of how much he brings me up when im not around.

it takes itme. and it takes some bonding situations. but its great.
>>
I don't know what to tell you, OP. We're in the same pickle, you and I. Somebody's gotta know, let's hope they read your post.
>>
>>17874304
>>17874323
Well, someone has!
>>
>>17874304
I know it's kind of like this if you want actual friends, but it's hard to believe when you're 22 and people have had friends like this their entire lives. I can't tell if I just missed that many opportunities in my life or if that's just the difference between introverts and extroverts. I can't tell which it is because other introverts have people swarming them too and most talk less than I do.

It's hard to stomach seeing so many people I'm familiar with from different points in my life and seeing they've all found people like that. I haven't even found one as much as I've tried to be social.
>>
>>17874348

I feel ya. similar situation. i grew up military. went to five ihghschools in 4 years. which meant that everyone i met already had best friends. and many had best friends that stretched back to early childhood.

no matter how amazing a person i seemed to be, i was only ever the '8th choice' in a group of 7 people. i remember one time moving to maryland, was only there for the school year. was talking to a guy on the first day, explained ill be moving in a year. he said 'oh i wont waste your time then'. got up and left. as if not allowing me to have friends for a year was doing me a favor.

even as an adult, similar issues. growing up military i just never had the need to maintain long term friendships. at best they'd last 9 months, and as an adult it just followed that pattern even without moving.

again, it was really hard, but i have an amazing friend now who i wouldn't trade for 50 casual friends. hes the best. i used to think it was cringy for people to call a friend their 'brother' when they're so horrible to their real life siblings, but he does feel like my brother.

ive managed to somehow hold on to him for 3 years and it amazes me. you can do the same. the trick is to /not/ settle for the first person to settle for you. get to know people. dont force things. and wait for those bonding moments.

hardship and time are the two things that bond people together. not time in the general sense, but time together, hours logged in together. the reason marines and teenagers seem to be closer than anyone else is because Marines face hardship and are forced to spend lots of time together. Teens THINK they face hardship and bond over that, and of course spend lots of time together.

as an adult were taught to hang out with friends once or twice a week max.
but keep at it and you'll find the right friend(s).

do NOT to compare what you have to others. don't make someone less special by forcing more friendship into your life.
>>
Communication ... Build bridges not walls.
I cant make it any easier
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.