[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression, Pregnancy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 148220128566665237119.jpg (222KB, 512x600px) Image search: [Google]
148220128566665237119.jpg
222KB, 512x600px
hey /adv/ I'm pretty depressed to the point where I can sit in my room for more then 5 minutes without crying. I've also had unprotected sex recently and my period is late. wtf do I do? suicide IS an option at this point, so recs on a way to go out appreciated.
>>
bump......
>>
File: IMG_0848.jpg (63KB, 640x418px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0848.jpg
63KB, 640x418px
>>17873578
be strong
>>
Don't be afraid to cry, OP. Cry all you need to if you feel like it. It's also not a bad thing to just lay in your bed for awhile and be in your own privacy. Take a nap. Drink some water. Don't freak about the pregnancy unless you're 100% sure you're pregnant. Are you able to buy a pregnancy test soon?. If so, I advise you to buy one. Any cheap one should do. If you're pregnant, decide whether you want to keep it or not. Don't feel guilty for any decision you make. I ended a pregnancy this year so I can somewhat understand that part of your situation.
>>
i'm so sorry that you're in a position that you don't like.GO TO THE DR. they can see whats up with your body. as for your mind, take some time off and do something you enjoy perhaps? depression is a bitch
>>
>>17873578
you're probably not pregnant. stress in general makes your period late.
take a pregnancy test, obviously. but it may be inaccurate if it's been less than ~5 days since the sex.
>>
>>17873700
>>17873717
>>17873734
im so tired of being lonely, friends. I can't talk to one person and the feel is not a good one.
>>17873744
My period is late 4 days, I'm waiting for it. After Christmas I'll be doing some thinking.
>>
>>17873753
but you're talking to people on the internet right now. how old are you?
>>
>>17873762
young enough to be scared for my future. I dont have REAL friends. I've tried making friends. I feel very unwanted, undesired. The more I try to make friends, the more I get rejected.
>>
>>17873753
>My period is late 4 days
not that late. how long has it been since the unprotected sex?
>>
yeah i'm basically in the same position as you, except i'm not crying and i have no clue who would be the baby's daddy. but that's life.
>>
>>17873778
exactly 3 weeks
>>17873784
i would know, i've only have sex with one guy
>>
>>17873788
Welp, that's just the right time to get pregnant.
>>
>>17873815
th-thanks.......................
>>
>>17873788
>>17873784
i would know, i've only have sex with one guy

yeah that's a good thing. haha. at least you know. i mean eyy, you can either keep it or get rid of it. it's not that hard of a decision to make unless. honestly, it's up to you. personally, if you don't think you're ready to bring another life into the world, terminate by any means necessary.
>>
>>17873833
too embarrassing. rather off myself then
>>
>>17873578

sorry to hear about this, these kinds of feelings and fears and doubts and experiences being young... EVEN if this is just someone throwing out a call to attention that isn't sincere which people do sometimes...

Just know put yourself first, if you are really thinking through your life if it worth living, it is ONLY your life.

I have been there minus the pregnancy and survived more than eight frankly violent and scarring suicide attempts...

I am more alone now than ever, but I learned how to change my thinking after journeying through those darkest places again and again.

no one is ever alone with those thoughts and experiences. even regularly lurking will be enough to know how often and how many people really get hit hard with depression, anxiety, isolation, no matter where they are from or where they are going.

Knowing that one day you may be free from what ever holds you in the place you don't want to be... Knowing that surviving these hard emotions and situations often makes you wiser and stronger internally... Knowing that other young people may have or will soon go through the same or worse at any point...

You begin to understand that is why other young people will run away and turn away. They have not found a way to help you on their own terms. Not everyone has answers. Not everyone wants to take the time to share the answers, and some just don't have the ability.

I have time and ability. I am healthy, sober, and steeled enough to be able to stand on this side of the line and say live through it.

To everyone who is reading this too, because anyone who has sincere recognition enough to react and know that when someone feels this bad-it matters.

Just live through it, by your own standards, don't let crappy advice ("kys fgt" "just move out" etc) pressure you. Dont look at other people "being happy" and hate them.

Live through it. You have to live. Focus.

You can erase all the worries and pain of being isolated... Focus on surviving this.
>>
>>17873717
good adv
>>
Hey, what the fuck is going on here? What are these replies? What is this horrible advice? You sound very young. Get rid of it. Any emotional doubts you have, that's part of life. You know what the right logical choice is, so just power through it.
>>
>>17873835
this made me cry, in a good way. thanks anon. I will most def try. i love you

>>17873846
I'm just worried my family will never speak to me again
>>
>>17873834
well i can also tell you that as someone who was raised by a father who committed suicide, if you're loved by anyone right now and you commit suicide, you're going to be missed and cried over. haha. i hate the man for leaving me but i still love him and the memories we had i still have moments where i cry about why i wish i could have him back and how i wish i could join him. sooo... i think killing a fetus is better than someone whose alive. but... lol. it's your life.
>>
>>17873858
It's ok anon you don't have to lol, I'd be devastated if I lost my dad
>>
>>17873853
Your not the first girl in this situation and you won't be the last. If I was you I'd see if there's some way to get a plan b pill covertly and just move on, you seem to young to have to raise a child
>>
>>17873881
way too late for plan b. hopefully its just a pregnancy scare. nothing more. If i am pregnant I will get an abortion. but I will try to keep it as hidden as possible. if possible. I don't know exactly how well you can hide those.
>>
>>17873898
I know this is silly to ask at this point, but why didn't you guys use a condom or anything
>>
>>17873903
everything went well the first time. this time, not so much.
>>
Just the thought of pregnancy makes you think of suicide. Most of it coming from the weight of not telling your parents yet. Tell your parents, start acting responsible and reap the strength and fortitude that comes after a hard time like this. When this ordeal is over get yourself some shrooms and listen to the voice that nitpicks what you need to start doing when you start coming down from the trip. Yes i know shrooms is left field but related to socializing i have never met another person who tried them and did not instantly find myself in a deeper connection so easily.
>>
>>17873853
I let this thread sit for a bit before checking back in to see what others also wrote.

thanks that is real. you have a chance you are obviously a good person inside. give yourself permission to cry, give yourself permission to live. stuff makes more sense after you get past this point.
>>
jus get an abortion duh girlfriend thas the easy way out then you can fuck more hawt dudes without using those sexist racist and patriarchal condoms ya kno girlfriend
>>
>>17873898
I had a girlfriend once, she decided to terminate the pregnancy which came out of our sex with a condom that broke. I begged her not to do it. I think she was too scared/selfish/immature, though our ages, economic and social situations were ok to keep the baby. I offered to raise the kid by myself, she still went ahead and aborted.

Was a pro-choice until then. Not so much since. Haven't spoken to her in ages, though she periodically tries to reestablish contact.

I am married to the nicest woman in the world now, father of two, hope for more (slowly convincing the missus we need more babies since the younger one already speaks well enough). Having been in the situation, I can attest that:

1. Having children is the BEST thing that ever happened to me. It is a lot of work, really, but your life is full of meaning.

2. I am pretty successful in my work, but if I was doing my life again, I'd go for kids earlier, even if it meant having less $$$. It is way easier physically to do the necessary stuff at 20-something than at 40-something (I'm 42 atm).

3. Consider keeping them. At least consider informing the father. If he turns out to be a jerk, then it is much, much harder doing it alone, but a couple, even a young couple with no career secured, can pull it off.

Think of it as "the game of life on hard difficulty". You'd grow up in a wink. You would miss out on all those great luxuries such as not knowing what to do with your life (a common disease on 4chan) - you'd do what needs to be done. You'd miss out on a lot of the fun girls your age get to have. But then again, you'd also miss out on finding out that it is mostly empty. And you'd gain a person, which, if treated right, or even half-right, would love you as long as you live.
>>
>>17875189
fuck off

don't have it OP if you don't want
>>
OP, take a pregnancy test.
if it's been 3 weeks, then that's long enough to give an accurate reading.
you're probably not pregnant.
>>
>>17875189
dont make me change my mind anon...............

>>17876150
will do, still no period.
>>
>>17873578
If you are pregnant then abort immediately or have the child, unless you want to feel guilty about killing a half-formed baby and possibly damage your reproductive system permanently
>>
>>17876266
Same anon as above (mind-changer?)

First of all, as some have said, get tested. It is possible to have period irregularities, or even miss periods completely, and stress will do that, among other things.

But, let us assume that you are pregnant.

Well, I am not going to change your mind since it is your mind. Not mine, nor the ones who think you shouldn't keep the child. You will make the final call. My situation was probably quite different, I was 26 and near the end of my PhD studies, had good career prospects, the aborting gf was 24 and near the end of her MA. If you kept it, you would be making a big sacrifice since your career options would reduce. Much easier for me to preach since I had less of a sacrifice to make.

Assuming that you are pregnant, it ain't the end of the world. The reason you are depressed is because you are scared. And what you are scared of is probably the unknown and responsibility.

If you want me to, I could give you some first/second hand info on how pregnancy, birth and child rearing goes.

The short of it is that pregnancy has a lot of hormonal shit happening in your body making you experience all sorts of uncomfortable physical and emotional urges. After birth it is even worse, since in a couple of months the body goes back to normal while it took 9 months to change. But it is all uncomfortable, not a huge deal, particularly if you have a support system (the baby's father and your and his parents).

The birth is a bitch, I'm told, but you can have an epidural injection and then it doesn't hurt almost at all, instead of being an iron woman like my wife who gave both births without.

The biggest thing is that for the first two to three years of the baby's life you just have no life of your own. The child needs a lot of attention, as it is completely helpless. That is where the support system really comes in. If the guy is a good person and/or you have supportive parents, it is ok. But you really need help then.
>>
>>17876454
spoiler, I haven't started college yet.I too am a baby. Not ready for this at all. I've always wanted a child, but not now. The sex was a hookup type. I'm not in a relationship with the guy I had sex with. He asked me before we had sex if I was ok with abortions, I said yes. If it all goes to shit, we'll both be doing this abortion together. I WILL drag him down with me.
>>
>>17876477
Holy shit. You really are young.

What are your parents like? From your keeping it secret, I suspect they are going to scream and shit, but when push comes to shove are they gonna panic or be useful? They are the ones you should talk to if they are worth the name of parents, not some anon halfway across the world.
>>
>>17876477
P. S. First take the test, you shouldn't tell the parents jack shit if you get one line. Use the first morning pee, and wait a little for the results to show. With these advice in mind, the results should be obvious. If you use pee which is not the first morning pee, or don't wait long enough, the positive result can show as a very pale line next to the control line and you are not sure if it is there at all. With this advice in mind you either get one line (just the control line = not pregnant) or two lines looking pretty much the same (pregnant).

I really wish you the best of luck!
>>
>>17873578
Listen up OP. There is a way ahead, even if you are preggers. Your parents will support you. They will freak the fuck out initaillyu, but unless they are total assholes they will love you as much as ever.

Suicide is gutless. All you ar edoing is making your own pain other peoples. Its not an answer. Get help. Look online for support groups. You are not alone and never are.
>>
>>17876661
hella. I will most likely be kicked out of my home, or beat. I've never been hit in my life, but I know I will be beat pretty badly.

>>17876748
>>17877440
I so wish I weren't reading all this. It could have been avoided but I decided to be a fucking dumbass. I feel like shit and hella suicidal right now.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.