[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enjoying sadness?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3350.png (87KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3350.png
87KB, 255x255px
Is it possible for someone to enjoy being sad?

I'm 25, and by far I've felt sad the majority of my life. It's become Normal to me, it's like it's "comfortable" at this point. I met a girl a few weeks ago and really liked her. She made me feel Happy. the very few short weeks we were talking were fun. But being "Happy" felt so unnatural to me. I broke things off because it actually seemed too overwhelming for me. Pushing her away sucked, and it made me feel sad, which brought me back down to my base level. I'm just sitting here pondering if I should just leave things as they are and stay at this base?

I have good things going on in my career and qualify of life. I enjoy that. But it doesn't make me happy. I just feel, level, flat.
>>
I don't think anybody can be happy being sad, it's kind of absurd, you just learn to live with it.
But evading happiness because you were not comfortable with that is just plain ridiculous, just experience and enjoy it, you'll get used to it and if you're happy, your significant others will be happy too, think about that.
>>
>>17873267

I'm not saying im happy being sad. But it's like, normal, like a comfort zone.
>>
>>17873248
Yeah I get what you mean, happens to me a lot. Like I'll be feeling like shit all day but then something happens to cheer me up but I start thinking nah I don't wanna feel like this. I prefer being sad again. I was happier that way. But probably like you said. Comfort zone
>>
>>17873248
It's pretty normal actually. Negative feelings like sadness or self-pity can be just as comforting as most positive ones. Why do you think neckbeards on r9k don't bother to change?

>>17873267
Many people fear losing the happiness they obtained more than being constantly down. It's basic psychology. Being unhappy can be just as addictive as being happy.
>>
>>17873544
>>17873564

Yeah it's weird. Like, I actually find it comforting to spend the holidays alone, and just watch Christmas movies all by myself. it's depressing, but also comforting at the same time
>>
>>17873248
Its not that you enjoy sadness. Sadness is just comfy because you're used to it. Its easy. No risks, no pain. Just a slow sense of existential ennui as your mind becomes more decrepit with the literal filth you feed into it. Trying to be happy is hard. What if you enjoy happiness? What if the happiness goes away?

Yeah, its a tough decision to make. And you're weak.

But you don't have to be.
>>
Fuck being comfortable dude. That's why your such a sad fuck to begin with. Life is too short to always be comfortable. Go live a little and be happy.
>>
>>17873248
DUDE if this is sincere hey, this is awesome another person like me sorta.

for me I had a revalation recently after a long chat with a guru who told me "I never had any real range of emotions just either perfectly calm[ie sad depressed] or 100%pissed. like I go from 1-3, and then 10."

personally I love anger, to the point i know in my heart anger is the only true emotion I have. I can be angry and smiling, living and walking around socializing. Not acting angry, or having my heart pounding like a rage fit. But the same way yeah I get the "happys" and it threw me off in relationships esp. comes from wanting to please the person I enjoy slightly during the time.

it's oldschool, not a lotta fucks like us anymore.

advice? don't give into pressure like you have to figure it out more or become more likeable. dont even psychoanalyse yourself either unless thats somewhat fun as well. but DO learn how to coexist with being a depressoid kind of person. embrace it, know it is not bad. You are the one who decides whats cool, what you want to feel, and maybe a part of you is saying deep down inside "I'm a sad goth omg cryin let me out your too happy get away weirdass"

and fully believe that part of you is a good one and pat its head. dead serious! being sad is happiness. like my being angered is my being happy, or my guru guy's being chill af depressed is his level 1.

yeah enjoy it. be nice to your sad glands. Embrace "yo...this is me and fuck em I like it oh well."
>>
>>17873267

idk this sounds a little overbearing black and white outlook aproach...

being sad is enjoyable af... I have no clue why I relate more to OP
>>
>>17874093
Not OP but in a similar situation.
>Go live a little and be happy.
Suppose I want to do that. What can there be done? Honestly I have no idea what it means to "go out there". The most "out there" thing I do is ride my bike or take long walks after work.
>>
>>17874067
man get a job as a middle school counselor. This is an adult who is just stating a claim on their state of being.

Life is simple. If a person can sustain themself in a healthy way, and part of that healthy way is "hey I'm sad, but otherwise everything's chill."

then it's lit. the reason ppl snap is because they are under pressure from themselves. Adding pressure telling em it's wrong- you act/feel bummed out so now you are also weak... thats kinda rude.
>>
Just don't fall for the happy happy joy joy schtick that society force-feeds you.

They don't want you to be happy, they want you to think what you need vs what you want are the same things.
>>
>>17874175

This is true
>>
>>17874173
>then its lit

When you look in the mirror, you don't see a man.
>>
>>17873248

most long term saddos enjoy being sad. mostly because it makes them feel special. if they were happy with their lives they'd rationalize themselves as being normal: just a normal normie norman enjoying a normal life. thats not special.

but being sad? when nothings really wrong? thats special. it means that you're cursed. that god randomly said 'you dont get to be happy' for no reason. you're not a bad guy, you're not mean, you're just randomly sad and its so tragic that you can't be happy like everyone else, and they keep trying to cheer you up saying things like 'just be positive' and that makes you feel even more sad becuase they can't possibly understand your pain, you're so unique.

thats how most sad people think.
>>
>>17875573
Nah
>>
>>17875637

Ya
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.