[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live alone in Brooklyn and make pretty decent money. I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: billburr.png (151KB, 610x381px) Image search: [Google]
billburr.png
151KB, 610x381px
I live alone in Brooklyn and make pretty decent money. I have no real hobbies other than stand-up comedy. Reading, listening, going to shows, etc. And the typical normal stuff with friends.

Struggling comedians always post on the internet about trying to get together money to move to NYC, or needing places to stay if they book gigs. Is it nuts to offer up my wondrous sleeper sofa? I just don't see it as a big deal, but when I mention it offhand to other people, they look at me like I've lost my shit. Maybe I'm just too trusting and overly chill?

I struggled a long time money-wise. People gave me rides, or lent me money, even their cars; and I guess I just want to pay that back to the universe now that I'm the fortunate one.
>>
>>17873122
If they are a legit standup comedian I would

Fuck what people think
I'm willing to risk the chance of robbery to help people
>>
>>17873136
His shit is fairly good from what I've seen on youtube. I wouldn't mind getting in on the ground floor of his career, either haha.

Thanks for your input.
>>
>>17873122
As long you get to know the person, even on a very basic level and don't get the "will murder me in my sleep and fuck my body" - vibes from them ... it sounds perfectly reasonable. Jesus, airbnb does it as a business model and examples of when shit goes wrong are very rare. Sounds like people around you are bit too paranoid.

>>17873136
>I'm willing to risk the chance of robbery to help people
Pretty much how I see it.
>>
>>17873161
What do you mean by "know the person"? These are pretty much completely random stand-ups who I only know from posts in the subreddits I frequent. Hence, my friends looking at me like I'm nuts lol.

That said, my actual job is a money-laundering and fraud investigator. I can get someone's full background in a heartbeat if needed.
>>
>>17873122
basically air B&B or couchsurfing. I don't see how it's weird.
>>
>>17873170
>I only know from posts in the subreddits I frequent
Which can be enough, depending on the amount and range of posts, no need to be their friend for years; have a little talk with them, preferably over Skype or some shit and if they seem legit, why not. If you can additionally get a full background check so easy, even better.
>>
>>17873176
>>17873191

yeah, that's the kind of flippant attitude I had toward it, like it's NBD. But other people made me start doubting if it was crazy or not.

oh fuck, y'know, I left something pretty pertinent to the situation out: I'm a chick.
>>
>>17873195
>I'm a chick
You're probably old and experienced enough to tell if someone is a creep after a Skype talk or two, so this shouldn't matter too much.
>>
Sooo now knowing I'm a fairly small female

...everyone still on board with letting randoms crash Couchsurfing-style if they've been vetted?
>>
>>17873281
truth. What I'm getting a lot is definitely video-chat beforehand.

Seems like a good idea. Tone and body language don't translate via text, so picking up on sketch vibes would be a whole lot easier that way.
>>
>>17873295
Plus from what I got, you'll have a sample of their material before, which can reveal a few details about the person too (say some faggot focusing on tfwnogf stuff) but video-chat definitely helps a lot.

I got couple of female friends who did the other side of couch surfing and never had any problems, with the absolute worst experience being a guy talking about Reagan all the time.
>>
Op how small are you? Are you cute? What color is your hair?
>>
>>17873340
fuck you in your asshole b you bitchass pussy fuck i'll fist your little asshole til you taste my nailpolish you fuckin pollack fuck kill yaself your moms is ashamed nigga
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.