[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

life plans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: 1459431105234.gif (219KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1459431105234.gif
219KB, 321x322px
>what has gone right
>what has gone wrong
>where you are at right now
and others offer life advice
>>
I don't have a life plan
My goal was to become a video game designer
To poor and dumb as fuck
I'm at home wasting my life in a website
>>
Wanted to become a writer since I am 15 or so. Ideally a published one and then go for something bigger but just living from day to day and writing is fine with me.
Pretty much everything gone right.. Quit job and university, got more time. Life is great.
Not exactly "gone wrong" but I feel that I am not as productive as I could be given all the free time. I still get about as much shit done as when I did when juggling college, friends and work.

Procrastinating ... I mean, collecting my mind.
>>
>Go pro at some level as hockey goalie
>Naturally flexible, pretty good
>Was a manlet when all the other guys were recruited
>Got tall, top 5 goalie in league, might be able to go D1 or at least high level D3.

My advice? Be tall. That's it.
>>
>>17873466
Kinda surprised it matters for hockey goalie. Wouldn't even a complete manlet be tall enough? It's not like it's over 2 meters like in football.
>>
>>17873368
take classes of some kind. Ive known half a dozen people that wanted to be video game devs, meaning they just wanted to come up with stories and art and have nerds do the actual work
you need to know coding and math and shit to actually be a game dev. either that or have a serious art/computer degree and design it. aside from that take some general classes to give you a back up plan
>>
Finish my engineering degree then work for a power company back home in my small town. save enough moneys to buy some land and build a large barn shed. proceed to kit out barn shed full of tools and metal working equipment. Build a 75ft sailboat and sail around the world working odd jobs like freelance coding and renting out mah shed. mfw my GF broke up with me because "stupid boat dream"
>>
>>17873118

>when i was a kid I wanted to do something 'paranormal'
>when i got older i just wanted to work as a film writer
>now i manage a psychic and do independent films by night / weekend

going pretty good right now.

had a hiccup earlier this year with some brain damage but been recovering pretty well, excited to get back into making a web series next year.
>>
>>17873481
Before the 2000's goalies could be the shortest guy on the team no problem. Plenty were under 5'9. But when play styles shifted towards making more saves on your knees, it became almost mandatory to be over 6'0. The shortest goalie in the NHL now is 5'10 and he entered the league right around the switch. Very few goalies under 6'1 get picked to teams anymore.
>>
File: Bko6_O4CIAAY_Qn.jpg (109KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Bko6_O4CIAAY_Qn.jpg
109KB, 600x900px
>>17874822
Forgot pic related, 1980's vs 2010's
>>
Wanted to get into finance since I was young, hope to get into Merchant Marine Academy since it's a cheap college that I can afford and will help me get into the buisness of shipping.

>What has gone right
Mostly grades, no gf though
>What has gone wrong
Not much
>Where are you right now
Junior, got pretty decent grade

Advice is to not get into debt. My dad is a Medfag and always reminds me about this
>>
>>17873535
How does one get into being a psychic? Any recommended material/to dos?
>>
>>17874822
>>17874824
Ah, I see, then my ignorance even makes some sense given that my experience with hokey is limited to playing NHL 98.
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (26KB, 249x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
26KB, 249x374px
as a girl, i dreamed about having a few kids and a cozy home. a husband i can love and i would write a book in my free time.

what a pile of crap.

atm i have a kid, am not even married, live in a small appartment and have zero free time.

all is not lost tough. the dream still stands
>>
File: ed edd n eddy.jpg (43KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ed edd n eddy.jpg
43KB, 500x375px
>>17873118
>the plan
finish college while living at home to save money. either join the military and then join state police/fbi, or dont join the military and jump right into LEO work. With a degree in communications also pick up side work with the movie industry since its my other passion. Hopefully having both a degree in comms and being a police officer will help me stand out more and ill make good connections. Either do both for the rest of of career or if I get a good offer retire from LEO work early and work in films
>gone right
still in school, about half way finished. Transferring to a better school after the one I transferred to this year ended up not being what wanted. Feels good to be back on track with my education. Saved a good amount of money by living at home and working part time as well
>gone wrong
starting to get antsy. Im really, really fucking bored with this routine and jealous of others that are more successful than I am. I also might have to take semester off to transfer schools which I dont want to do but it might be the smartest move. Im also having doubts about everything but I guess thats normal at this point. Also the school I said I transferred to originally was such a disappointment, but im trying to chalk it up as a lesson learned
>where im at
pretty ok I guess, things could be better but things could be much worse. I guess its just a stagnant, boredom that Im dealing with while trying to get back on track, But things seem to be looking up in all goes right

how delusional am I guys?
>>
>>17875085
keep you head up, your dreams will only die if you let them. Its better to fight tooth and nail for them for the rest of your life then give up now
>>
>>17873385
dont collect you mind for too long, its good youve made progress but dont sit on it. I shouldn't have to tell you this, but theres lot of writing jobs out there. dont focus on the the freelance or self proclaimed author stuff. that can come later
>>
>>17873532
the sail boat thing only sounds ridiculous now, because the other stuff hasnt happened yet. I had a friend who became an electrician, worked for some rich guy's mansion, got his name out to other rich guys and became their personal electrician/contractor. Now he flies all around the state in an airplane doing electrical work for them. Shits cash
So long as you have a base idea thats attainable you can allow dreams like that to happen
>>
>>17874832
good on you. Sounds like youve got your things together. I agree with the debt part though, you dont realize how much of a hole you dig yourself in when youre 19-20 years old in school
>>
>your entire life plan
Finish school, then see

>what has gone right
Passed with flying colors

>what has gone wrong
Studying comp sci, 2nd year, little motivation, barely hanging on.

Don't start a college or uni course without knowing if that's what you want. Start thinking about your future early, or take a year off to work some menial job or something.

I'm too much of a coward now to drop out, so I'm stuck in limbo, but it's emotionally draining me. I STILL don't know if I actually enjoy what I'm doing or not, but I've got no alternatives to choose from so eh.
>>
>>17873118
>My plan
Apply to community college and get my Associate's in Computer Science, transfer over to a four year university to get my Bachelor's in Computer Science.
Enlist into the Army Reserves as a Multimedia Illustrator, or Band Member.
Do freelance Art/Animations in my spare time, so I can get my foot into the animation industry.
If I make enough to support myself and my future family I'll eventually do animation full time, if this doesn't take off I'll at least have a job in IT/the Army.

>Gone right
I've recently graduated HS, and have already applied/gotten into a local community college. Living with my parents right now, and I am currently looking for a job. I hope to move out when I get my associate's.

>Gone wrong
I second guess myself, and I always flip flop what type of career I'd be happy to work in. I was considering EMT, Police work, Vet work, or Computer Science, eventually narrowed it down to Police Work and Computer Science. To be honest I'm still considering police work.

>Where I'm at
I'm doing alright, doing some commissions as I've unemployed right now, and I don't start college until Spring.

What do you guys make of my plan?
>>
>>17875335
Did some of the other stuff (writing for a local newspaper, scripting short documentaries and the likes for TV) and while I loved the deadlines, the work itself lacked the creative freedom that separates writing from just another chore for me. When I'll run out of money, I'll probably go back to retail manager or some other unrelated shit while working on the self proclaimed author stuff in the free time. Writing about stuff I don't care about feels worse than doing a menial job, a bit like cheating on your girlfriend with her pet instead of simply masturbating while she's away.

>>17876658
Did you at least enjoy it at start? Almost everybody I know absolutely hated the second year, no matter what they studied, afterwards their motivation went back up.

>>17876700
Sounds pretty solid so far. Since CS was the "hardest" out of the potential careers you picked, in worst case scenario you can still get into police work either way so there is even some room for failure.
>>
File: download.jpg (3KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3KB, 259x194px
>>17873118
Be happy

Nothing

Everything

4chan
>>
>>17875325
You're plan sounds pretty great, a lot of doors will open up when you're both prior military/police.
>>
>>17876821
*Your, don't know why I started with *You're
>>
>your entire life plan
Since I was a child, when people asked me what I wanted to do with my life, I'd always just say "change the world". I was lost and clueless until age 21, then my whole life changed in 1 week and I went to uni after that. I wanted to go into finance and make money. I dont want that anymore because I remembered my original goal. My talents are writing and acting, and although I don't know how I'll use those talents, I want to change the world with my words somehow. I want to change the way people think.

>what has gone right
I'm an incredibly gifted speaker and entertainer. I'm doing okay in school. Girls love me. Everyone wants to be my friend. I know how to make even the most intelligent people think I'm just as smart as they are. I went from not even being able to talk to guys let alone girls, to essentially being the life of every party I ever set foot in. How? It's a long story.

>what has gone wrong
I've never had a girlfriend and yet one of my biggest goals is to find a partner in this life. Since I was in grade school I have always wanted a girlfriend. The one girl I met that was truly compatible with me, one that I knew could be "the one", I faltered. I was too afraid to pull the trigger and now my BEST FRIEND is living with her and they are in love. My confidence with girls is shot. Girls are all over me, but I can't convince myself it's real and I sabotage myself. Theres only one girl I want and I'll never have her.

Stuck. I am developing drug abuse problems. I wait tables and take 2 classes a term at uni. I see the girl I still love every day and she considers me her best friend. I might not even live until my next birthday if I keep this lifestyle going. Everyone around me is very concerned.
>>
>>17875325
dont bother being jealous, for every "successful" person you see I guarantee theyre going through their own struggle
the grass is always greener
>>
>>17876857
stop now, seriously. the longer you wait the digger of a hole youre digging for yourself. Get treatment, it sounds like defeat and it is, but its so much easier then trying to quit cold turkey
Ive been in your place, seen friends die because they couldnt/woudnt get help soon enough. Dont be your own worst enemy, the fac that you still have people that care about you says a lot, youre not too far gone yet
>>
>your entire life plan
produce offspring and earn financial independence

>what has gone right
found reliable life partner, got educated, got a good job, made sound investments

>what has gone wrong
in the past now, but risky sexual behavior and overzealous drug experimentation. long-term effects yet to be seen.

as i said, found suitable lifemate, relevant education, high earnings, sound investments
>>
>>17873118
>your entire life plan
How did you make one of these? I don't have so much security in myself to do it. At the moment, I just do what seems useful at the time.
>what has gone right/wrong
Without a plan, I can't say where things go right or wrong. Maybe I would have had "better" opportunities if I had networked more in undergrad.
I applied for a foreign master's program but didn't pass the language exam, so I'm practicing the language until next round (May) I think I want to get into coding to have a job I can do from anywhere, but I'm pretty lost on where to start/if it's even useful.
>>
>>17876700
you could probably do both police and IT work, spending on what department you want. Lots of departments need computer guys, not everybody wants to be a patrol officer. My adivce, focus on the IT work and apply to a department, you'll probably get hired becuase
>educated to a college level
>educated in something they could use
I had a friend in college that majored in finances, hated it when he got a job as an accountant, and joined a police department because they needed an accountant and now hes a Lt. in patrols. Just make yourself marketable
same with >>17875325
your plan is way more practical then the "im gonna move to LA and live in a van until I make it" idea. thats how thousands of starving artists end up at McDonalds
>>
Im at stage

>become fulltime animator
>find good gf

Everything is going fine just three years later than I imagined.
>>
>your entire life plan
have a master degree in whatever to please my family then find a job that I would like Have my own place and a family. Make friends and travel.
>what has gone right
graduated, made a lot of friends, no longer fat, do sports now. I travelled a few.
>what has gone wrong
took me 8 years to get this master degree. lost my virginity at 26, still shy with girls, only find shitty jobs
Still living with my parents at 27, feeling old and poor, no girlfriend
>>
Plan is to finish hs and college, find a solid job, preferably a math teacher, maybe even get out of the country and have a family.

What's gone right is I've managed to hold everything together until now and surprisingly haven't had too much trouble with high school. Always straight A's, and I have plenty of friends and a girlfriend.

What's gone wrong is that I'm not entirely sure I want to finish college that has to do anything with math, but it's the only college I know I won't find too hard and I probably won't feel like dying while I'm in it. So this is something I need advice about, math is the only thing I'm good at, I know I won't be able to finish another college. Also get backstabbed by friends from time to time which gets me down and depressed but I always end up getting rid of those friends and everything goes back to normal. That's basically it.

Where I'm right now: 2nd year of high school, I've got some time before college but I just know I won't be able to decide until then. Not much is happening outside school, as I said, friends and a girlfriend, don't really need advice for them.
>>
>>17873118
I have wanted to be a special ed teacher since I was 19 when I got a job as a teacher's assistant. Plan is to go to college, take the quick route with a liberal arts degree then special ed teaching credentials. School district lets me go to school and take a 6 month leave once a year as long as my intended goal is to work for them. After getting my career as a teacher going, plan is to rent a small house or condo with long term bf, eventually marry (hopefully if it works out), once settled, go for my masters, save up for house in all of this, have kids

Right:
-kept job as TA while going to college
-principal of my school is great friends with dean of uni I want to go to, told me to come to her when I am ready to transfer
-I'm three classes from transferring to uni

Wrongs:
-failed speech class three times after bitching out due to anxiety, have to apply to another community college and pass the class there
-am financing a car that takes a good quarter of my monthly income because hours were cut
-been really stressed out at work and don't feel like I'm doing as good of a job as I used to
-fucked up my first semester of college when I was 18 by dropping the first semester and stupidly spending my grant money, have been paying for college out of pocket cuz debt

Now:
-took this semester off school to attempt to work and save, but always end up with nothing at the end of the month
-currently living with dad, but he wants to move over 30 miles away next spring if I go with him I have to move colleges, possibly find new job, and be far from bf
-moving out with bf is an option but it will put a lot of financial strain on us and I don't want to add this stress to the relationship when we are not ready for it
-last option is move back into grandparents home with enabled alcoholic brother who steals from everyone and my mentally unstable mother diagnosed with bipolar disorder who abused me as a child and also steals from me and begs for money I don't have
>>
>your entire life plan
-Finish JLPT and most likely move to Japan to live in a beautiful country and continue studying the things I like for the rest of my life.
>what has gone right
-I have gotten to the point where video games and time fillers are no longer taking over my time. Studying is seriously becoming acceptable to my constantly wandering subconscious and easily distracted conscious mind.
>what has gone wrong
-I currently work in a relatively new and at times very dangerous industry. I also wish I was farther then I am now in my life and I hate myself sometimes over this which does nothing but cause issues.
-Like, honestly, it's very counter productive and really does nothing for me other then satiate an immediate and short lived desire to whine and cry out in pain from life's difficulties.
I'm working diligently through textbooks and flashcard systems. I start live talk sessions with language instructors soon.

I might seem to be "that" guy with how I typed about pretty much being ken from the copy pasta but I finally feel like i'm doing something with myself.
I promise I don't wear a woman's cultural dress up garment and collect war weapon replicas (no fedoras either).

Korean, Russian and French also interest me a lot so I guess I just enjoy languages. But to those assuming, yes. I did like Anime first.
I think the only advice I could get from this is "Don't major in Japanese" but I already know why that doesn't make much sense to do.

My advice to others with goals is to seriously teach yourself how to accept pain and negative emotions as they happen. Learn to control your emotions and as a result, your actions.
Bad things WILL continue to happen to you. All the time. You have to learn how to deal with them and not just escape into outlets instead.
Once you learn how to learn, you can learn anything relatively easy. This was my biggest issue through my adolescence. I simply couldn't deal with confrontation and sadness.
>>
>>17873118
plan
>get a job teaching band
>get a qt3.14 gf/wife
>live somewhere that i can do /out/ shit
>financial security
right
>almost finished my degree
>have 3 people that would right a decent letter of rec./reference
wrong
>dropped out last year with 4 weeks left due to depression/anxiety
>totally turned off from dating because an ex made a false accusation and triggered my depression/anxiety
where i'm at
>currently NEET while waiting to finish school
>no gf
>rationing off my neetbux from summer job to survive until the end of my lease/semester

the lesson to take away from my life is:
>don't date crazy (we've transcended the point where you only had to worry about sticking your dick in crazy)
>if you suspect you have mental health issues, seek professional help
>have a semi-solid plan B for when shit goes belly-up that doesn't involve drugs/prostitution
>>
>your entire life plan
get degree and maybe grad school
>what has gone right
finished 3 years, did lots of undergrad stuff to help for grad school
>what has gone wrong
mental illness
dropped out and live with my mom and have no job

advice: seek therapy asap. If your therapist sucks find a new one immediately.
>>
>>17876658

>Don't start a college or uni course without knowing if that's what you want. Start thinking about your future early, or take a year off to work some menial job or something.

I can not second this hard enough. I wasn't ready for college, even told my parents I wanted to wait a year, but they pressured me and at times outright forced me(I was 17 until 2 weeks before school started) to go straight from highschool and it was a complete disaster. If you have ANY doubts, don't do it.
>>
>>17877820
>>17877707
>>
>>17877134
>>17876792
Thanks for the input guys.
>>
>your entire life plan
become artist/ graphic deisgner
>what has gone right
good college grades
>what has gone wrong
drugs alcohol, refused job applications
travelling until figure soemthing out
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.