[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I feel like shit for being politically correct? I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: 8bg4abP.jpg (70KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
8bg4abP.jpg
70KB, 393x325px
Why do I feel like shit for being politically correct?

I can't say this, I can't say that, I can't make this joke, I can't laugh at that. WTF!
>>
>>17873096
Read 1984
>>
Because, deep down, you know that being "politically correct" is such a fucking meme but don't want the bullshit that goes with not being "politically correct"

Find a way to "not give a fuck" and continue on with life.
>>
>>17873096
What do you mean with politically correct? The term lost all meaning long ago.
>>
I'm honestly not sure how this happened. And I'm pro-leftie things like getting gays to marry or treating everyone differently, it's just that as soon as the left became more powerful than the right it's like they became social dictators upset over the stupidest, most inoffensive shit and now we're getting a backlash just like the right had when they were in power.

we're doomed to this endless political cycle, aren't we? no one gets that all anyone wants is for you to just not be a dickhead

who ever knew that would be impossible
>>
>>17873116
>just that as soon as the left became more powerful than the right
It didn't happen for years. Even when left won an election like Greece or Austria recently, there was barely any effect.
>>
>>17873096
Outside of work you aren't going to get in serious trouble for not being PC. If you don't have friends who can't take a joke (as long as you aren't being a real asshole) then get better friends or deal with it.

If you get off the internet, don't live in California, and quit following the news you'd be surprised at how little PC you see.
>>
>>17873135
I live in California and at my old job my boss used to tell me about smoking weed and encourage me to get laid (It was a tad uncomfortable since I was in a relationship at the time). Basically both you and the OP are out of touch with the real world. Sorry to break it to you guys.
>>
>>17873135
I'm so sick of the "don't live in Cali" meme. I want to live in cali, florida's beaches are shit. it's not my fault the best geographical place has the worst people, we need to CHANGE cali not give up on it
>>
>>17873140
>>17873141
The Cali thing was a joke. There's plenty of people to meet there that share your values. All I'm saying is the whole PC thing is overblown. I doubt the vast majority of people outside of HR deal with it on a day to day basis.

If you aren't an asshole people tend to like you.
>>
>>17873146
As I said, i like cali and want to change it, but let's not pretend PC is "overblown"

You know what happened here? There was a billboard for the movie X-MEN:Apocalypse, okay? And it featured Mystique getting choked by Apocalypse, the bad guy of the movie. Somehow, this became a women's rights issue with feminists claiming it was disgusting because a man was chking a woman. They had to make formal apologies for it
>>
A really good rule of thumb for the 'politically correct/freedom of speech" thing is what it is you actually want to be able to say. If you want to be able to say rude things, or slurs, then you're just an asshole. However, if you want to be able to rebut arguments and you're not able to, then there is a problem.

A basic value I think we've lost is civility. Neither side of politics respects...respect anymore.
>>17873141
Cali's beaches are shit too. But then, I'm Australian. We have great beaches, it's the only plus to the place.
>>
>>17873154
Oh God stop the presses! It's another issue of things I and most people don't give a shit about.

If you think the executives caved because they care about being PC and not because they are worried it will affect their bottom line you are delusional.
>>
>>17873164
>If you think the executives caved because they care about being PC and not because they are worried it will affect their bottom line you are delusional.

Of course I don't think that, the question is why do they think it will affect their bottom line? Because it will, because people actually believe beyond idiotic shit like that
>>
>>17873154
Well, the poster was pretty dumb and I honestly don't remember any equivalents.

It served its purpose by attracting a lot attention, the protestors got what they wanted since Fox was too scared of bad PR. Sounds like a win-win. By caring about this shit, you're not too different from the people who were outraged.
>>
>>17873168
They caved to a loud minority of people. Key word being minority. They could have taken a stand or just ignored it and I doubt sales would have been affected at all.

People can have idiotic beliefs, that's a right of being American. Whether or not we entertain them is up to us. By getting upset and bringing attention to bullshit you are helping their misguided cause.
>>
>>17873172
>>17873178
Well that's great. To change anything you just have to stay silent. That'll show everyone how wrong they are!
>>
>>17873186
Feel free to give your opinion, but when it comes to the internet people just want a response or validation for their beliefs.

Why not devote your time and energy to more fruitful pursuits? SJWs and Anti-SJWs are two sides of the same shit-coin. Most well-adjusted people get on with their lives and quit getting upset over silly stuff like this.

If you go looking for bullshit you'll find it.
>>
>>17873186
To change what? People interpreting a poster as sexist in a times when we finally speak about sexism? Obviously, you can alternatively talk to each of them and explain how it's totally not sexist but that's the job of the Fox PR team.

>I doubt sales would have been affected at all.
People who get paid silly money to be sure, saw it differently.

Besides, you're missing the point of cheap marketing like that.

>generate extra attention with outrage
>appease the people and present yourself as the good guy
It's a great strategy. Back in the days, Rockstar used negative bullshit press about GTA making kids violent as a marketing tool.
>>
>>17873211
i really don't think that was completely staged, people still belive video games make kids violent
>>
>>17873211
Ehhh if this weren't a movie about super-humans beating each other up I would agree with you, but I think you're giving them a bit too much credit. However, I definitely agree though they wanted to capitalize on their response.
>>
>>17873211
>People interpreting a poster as sexist in a times when we finally speak about sexism?

We've been speaking about "sexism" since the 60s. But the term has expanded it's meaning and will constantly expand it's meaning, because if it does'nt then eventually we will get to a point when there is nothing left for people to be outraged about, but people love to base their identity on their outrage and virtual signaling about it, so the sphere of "unacceptable" behavior is going to keep expanding until we live in a tightly regulated police state.
>>
>>17873217
Which doesn't really matter. The people who think that are rarely gaymers themselves and the couple sales lost over parents not buying it for their kids will be negated by having everybody else talking about their game, even if it's in the "it makes kids violent context".

I never cared about the franchise but still heard about the movie because of the poster-gate.
>>
>>17873236
Those are bold claims and predictions.

You worry too much. Get off the internet and go get some sunshine. You'll feel better.

PC isn't even the top ten problems you should be worrying about in America.
>>
>>17873236
In the 60s it was start of the conversation and given the state of things now, it's still taking to long. Besides now with social media basically everybody can join the conversation and if you find enough people start a mini social movement pretty fast and easy.

Also consider that most people who complained about the poster probably don't know shit about the franchise and just saw a "guy" chocking a "chick". I bet there would be enough people from the other side to cause a bigger outrage if it were a black chick chocking a white guy, just look how crazy alt-right went over last two Star Wars movies over even less.

It's given that people jump on the identity politics train when politics happen almost in a separate world from them. At least identity politics on both side of the spectrum gives them the feeling and community that makes them think they matter.
>>
Because our current culture is one of self-guilt.
Ignore what people tell you to feel bad about. Only feel bad about what you think you should.
>>
>>17873096
Because if you actually care about PC "doctrine," it's just as contradictory and impossible as any other religion. They ask you to walk an impossible tightrope of perfect behavior & mentality, according to a set of rules that seems to change by the day. ANY slip-up is taken as proof that you were actually the devil all along.

It's no way to live, it leaves no room for humanity. And they don't play by their own rules. Nobody wins this game, we all just get angrier and angrier at each other while nothing changes substantially
>>
>it's a /pol/ doggy whistle thread
>>
>>17873292
you can cry /pol/ all you want, i see disatisfaction on every 4chan board, facebook, even reddit to an extent. people are sick to shit of mincing their words
>>
>>17873141
Impossible to change cali when the government actively encourages the mass importation of minorities so that they can abuse them for their vote
>>
>>17873292
>dog whistle
For fuck's sake, stop it. Just stop it. If you have to look for secret, coded racism, it's not racist.
>>
>>17873306
Not him but it's extremely naive to think that racism is always obvious, specially these days.

Back in the days, a place could openly declare "we don't hire niggers", now they simply veto "undesirables" in the HR department by picking a different, less able candidate.
>>
>>17873345
well to be fair the undesirables are the white guys that won't get them state-sponsored benefits, so it's okay
>>
>>17873364
That's not what studies say, at least when it comes to France where a candidate with same CV wouldn't get hired due a foreign name.

At worst AA probably evens up the game, although I agree that it's a sub-optimal solution, for both sides.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.