[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For writing a cover letter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1478648239866.jpg (11KB, 234x230px) Image search: [Google]
1478648239866.jpg
11KB, 234x230px
Is anyone really good at writing these?

People always tell me that a cover letter isn't the place to upsell yourself.

So what should be on my cover letter?

-Name
-Contact number
-Email

-Recent and relevant experience

-Strongest abilities

-Number of pages attached

that's how I do up my covering letters
>>
>>17872713
>-Number of pages attached
What?

Also why aren't you telling them why you're interested in the job?
>>
>>17872749
Because I want money? what? I'm not going to write out a sob story. People don't want to hear that. I'm applying. That's enough interest they need
>>
>>17872752
Tell me, how successful have you been with these cover letters?
>>
>>17872713
>Recent and relevant experience
>Strongest abilities

These should be in your resume, not the cover letter. The cover letter is for telling why they're should hire you especially and why you are not only interested but also the best option. All the facts like previous experience and strengths are in the resume in a way the recruiter can quickly assess and if you have the relevant skills they will then look at your cover letter to see why they should hire you over other qualified people.
>>
>>17872756
Does that work for you??
>>
>>17872765
What?
>>
File: Down-Syndrome.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Down-Syndrome.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>17872766
this is you.

>>17872760
Am I writing an actual formal letter here? I've always done my covering letters as dot points. Very easy to read and to the point
>>
>>17872776
>I don't know how to write a cover letter
>but I'm going to disagree with advice that I get
>>
>>17872776
Cover letter is indeed why you're best suited for the job and a way of passing through personality and core values, something you can't do with a CV(resume). It's a way of letting them know about you, without reading your resume.

If a resume is the ingredients for a meal, the cover letter would be what the meal is actually called - the finished product and combination of all those ingredients(skills).
>>
>>17872792
okay well im not going to try and qualify my life to them. I'm going for jobs, not trying to be the president
>>
>>17872804
Enjoy unemployment
>>
>>17872776

Yes, cover letter is traditionally a formal letter, a few logically constructed paragraphs and never over a page long. The document in which you list your relevant experience as lists is a resume. The resume exists to inform your employer of your relevant skills, while the cover letter is basically a sales pitch. I'd recommend you google a few examples of both to see what the basic structuring is usually like and then create both documents tailored for your needs. Having both in your application gives a more professional impression.
>>
>>17872804
You don't have to give them your life story bro.

You just have to be like, you should pick me because..... (if this was dodgeball) - I can throw the ball really hard, I always catch the ball if I can and I'm very reliable at not getting hit by balls.

Just give them a list of everything they would expect of the person they want to employ.
>>
File: cCg2SqV.jpg (59KB, 414x691px) Image search: [Google]
cCg2SqV.jpg
59KB, 414x691px
>>17872813
yeah it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>17872814
What that dude said.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.