[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dorm Roommate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: peace_dorm[1].jpg (156KB, 960x690px)
peace_dorm[1].jpg
156KB, 960x690px
Hey, /adv/. I currently started back college and have gotten assigned for housing. The thing is, I have a roommate this time around.
The last time I had a roommate I was also going through some unrelated issues, but having a roommate didn't help; I don't do well without a place to go be completely alone, and I often wake up and go walking around late at night to clear my mind, but I couldn't really do that without getting complaints by my first roommate.

I don't want to pay for a dorm that I'll either never be in/sleep elsewhere, but I can't attend the university without also having housing. If I asked the housing office, I feel like they'd assume I was just doing it to be greedy or whatever, but single dorms cost more anyway, and the last time I had a roommate I just slept in the study rooms to be alone. I'm going to try to get an apartment in the fall semester.
>>
>>17872084
>If I asked the housing office, I feel like they'd assume I was just doing it to be greedy or whatever
Well it can't hurt to try, right? Just explain your reasoning and see what they can do for you

If you're stuck like this, just talk to your roommate and try to work out a comfortable arrangement. It's good to at least be ABLE to co-exist with other people, even if it's not your ideal situation. I'm sure there will be moments in your future when you won't have a choice, so think of it as practice
>>
What's your question? Either pay more and get a single room, or pay less and have a roommate. Your issues are your problem.
>>
>>17872359
That's the thing, I don't get to make that choice. The housing is assigned, and you can't pick which one you get the bill for.

>>17872357
I'll give it a shot if I'm unable to alter my living arrangement. I don't mind sharing a living space in the form of a house with separate rooms or whatever, it's just tough sharing a 22x13 with someone where it's the only room/living space combined.
>>
>>17872084
Mild bump. What do you guys suggest for sharing a bedroom with someone?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.