[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Balancing real life vs virtual life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1256924868212s.jpg (8KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1256924868212s.jpg
8KB, 250x187px
Hey, I don't know if I'm struggling with addiction, or just had bad priority management, or maybe I'm just fine and I don't know why I'm doubting myself, but basically my situation involves video games, and some of the friends I've made online.

I find myself often blowing off my RL friends in order to get home, get online, and bullshit and otherwise hang out with my online friends.

Half the time, we don't even have to be in the same party, or be playing the same game even, but we'll still hang out with our headsets on, make dinner, bullshit about what's on TV, or otherwise.

It's like having someone over, but completely at your own will and schedule, I can mute my mic, or take my headset off for any reason, no questions asked, they just assume I'm doing something for a moment, and I'll be back, or I had something come up.

Where as hanging out with my real friends takes real effort, we have to actively commute to hang out together, there's a level of physical attention you have to be able to give to make the relationship compatible, whether it's body language, or just acting interested because you're forced to, and in the direct proximity.

I don't know, it just seems so much easier, and more enjoyable for me to hang out with my online friends than to hang out with one of my RL friends.

And, after having an online relationship ih my past for over 2 years as a teenager, and a real relationship for 3 years as an adult, I believe I got more out of the online relationship, in terms of connection and even sex, all thanks to the internet.
>>
Same scenario for me as well I'll be monitoring this thread.
>>
Ideally you'd be able to hang out with your internet friends occasionally in real life, just due to all the factors that can't yet be communicated through the Internet like body language, touch, and bodily cooperation, shit like that.
But I would say that there's absolutely nothing wrong with you and that when virtual reality becomes more immersive and easily available, there will be millions of people just like you
>>
Idk man just do what makes you happy I personally like having other people around I used to love vidya and would play for 10 hrs at a time but I feel like in my mid 20s I have too much responsibility to balance both so I ditched vidya.
>>
>>17871928
I ditched RL and chose vidya.

But, I'm also mid 20's with responsibilities.

I still have some RL, but vidya outweighs it dramatically.
>>
one more bump before I go home to my protective shell for the day.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.