[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ECT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ECT E.jpg (13KB, 250x277px) Image search: [Google]
ECT E.jpg
13KB, 250x277px
Has anyone here undergone ECT treatment for depression, anxiety, or schizophrenia?

Medications have been completely worthless for me. I have not actually seen a psychiatrist beyond a couple sessions that ended awfully, making me anxious thinking none of those things will ever work.

Therapy will not work for me. Nothing a therapist will be able to tell me, or get me to do will be something I haven't thought of already. I spend so much time studying all of this shit and my ability to see things from many different perspectives... It just...

Something is wrong with my brain, this I know. I listened to talk about a surgeon that was going through the same things I am. He slowly became more and more depressed, withdrawn from society until he just spent all day in a blackened room. ECT cured him.

I have spent the last 2 years indoors pretty much.

exercise, mediation, medication, dieting, whatever the fuck tried it all.

I am very aware that my next course of treatment is going to be ECT.

I know it's come a long way, but reading about the memory loss aspects makes me scared. There are memories I have I do not want to lose.

Then again, I would like to be able to make new ones.

So... anyone? What was your condition? What have you tried in the past? Did it work? How long?
>>
>There are memories I have I do not want to lose.
you won't lose any memories

although after ECT you may have temporary memory problems, in worst and very rare cases they might last for few years
>>
>>17871635
are you sure?

I have read many cases that memory loss IS going to happen. I mean, they are pumping electricity in your brain. Something is going to get damaged, neurons are going to be rearranged. Wiring affected.

Like... I have read many many different things about this. The damage done can be forever. That you will forever have memory loss issues.

Other readings indicate that memory loss can go much further back but most are from the last 6 months or so.

I have a pretty fucking awesome memory. Photographic memory, I remember everything from all the conversations I've had with people to facts I have read or heard.

Recently that memory has been flickering on me because of my illness. I have had blackouts. Inability to continue thoughts or stay on topic.

basically the one thing I liked about myself was my ability to remember things. Never in my life have I taken notes. I have never studied for a test. I can paint people from my memory. Losing this... even just a tiny bit is very scary.
>>
>>17871689
>are you sure?
yes, my psychiatrist told me
>>
>>17871779
This might blow your mind but...

psychiatrists are human. They don't know everything.

How old are you? There comes a point in time when you realize that all those people in authority are just people.

I stopped trusting doctors altogether. My last doctor was CERTAIN that antidepressants like zoloft or effexor did not have withdrawal side effects.

He was so very very wrong.
>>
>>17871799
well yeah, they wanted to perform ECT on me but couldn't due to my other health issues
she gave me legal papers to read about possible side effects and stuff and i did my own research as well and no where it said you lose memory
where did you read about it?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.