[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't empathize for anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1452955614851.gif (400KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
1452955614851.gif
400KB, 480x330px
I didn't always used to be like this. I used to be able to care about people, but recently I've found myself incapable of empathizing for anyone. I just genuinely don't care about other people's problems and I can't bring myself to. Why am I like this? I'm not a sociopath/serial killer type. I just don't really feel anything anymore.
>>
>>17870196

>i cant care about peoples problems
>but i can care about not caring about peoples problems

congrats, you care!
>>
Sounds normal to me
Once you get more experienced in life, you'll find that it comes easier
>>
>17870283
I think you misunderstood me there, I care about what it means for ME that I don't care about these peoples problems. I'm worried about me and what this means about my personality/mental health
>>
It may be because you are bored, and tired, and do not feel like dealing with other people. To add to that, news channels flash headlines left and right about people, and people overreact if it is in their area for valid reasons, but it happened so much that perhaps... Well..... You probably got used to it being shown. People find stereotypes to find an issue. Too much personalities trying to keep their believes while everyone else tries to conform it.

It gets so annoying to the point that you just want to say fuck it, I want to not think about it.

So to summarize, OP, you are just tired, and probably bored.

Again: (There are so many personalities that I just do not want to deal with).

You asked for advice, and I tried my best to tell it. Men get lonely, and want a friend.

To add to that, because of recent events on the news, too many people take things out of context.

Tried my best to word it together.
>>
>>17870305
>Men get lonely, and want a friend.
where did this come from? 0_0
>>
>>17870196
Become a carpenter.
Carpentry is great for empathy.
>>
>>17870314
You posted a female picture. I believed a good amount of anon women do this like men. See I made a human error, and the context was not meant to be provoking.
>>
>>17870296
This, especially when you've been screwed over by other people.
>>
>>17870327
oh no dude I just like the show Daria.
>>
>>17870325
much like i am nowadays, I think I'd just get fed up with people's shit. I hate hearing about people's problems, like unless you're paying me to listenI immediately start thinking "why should I give a fuck? fuck off and deal with your own bullshit problems."
>>
>>17870196
Holy shit, I've been thinking this exact thing for a long time. My fear is that people are going to realise how much of a prick I am, and leave me alone. Has anyone discovered your lack of empathy? I think I'm still in the clear so far, but I'm getting dangerously close
>>
>>17870401
I'm beginning to fear that I might have mild ASPD
>>
>>17870412
>>17870412
Looked up the symptoms of this and thought I'd give it a quick rundown, curious to see your response if you do the same?

>exploit, manipulate or violate the rights of others
Yeah, this is one of my main issues. I realised I'd gone deep into the rabbit hole when my best friend came to me with his relationship issues, and I was weighing up my options cause I've got with his ex fiance on a night out, and if I manipulate him into staying with his current gf he'll be less pissed if he finds out cause he'll be more over her, whereas if I manipulate him into dumping her she can be out of my life, which I want because she knows I've cheated on my girlfriend and is the kind of person who would tell her.

>lack concern, regret or remorse about other people's distress
Not too sure about this one because I do try to help people with their problems, but honestly I think it's because I find it fun to jump into other people's lives. Sometimes a friend will tell me about a problem that I don't find interesting and I just think ugh I don't care

>behave irresponsibly and show disregard for normal social behaviour
Eh I don't think so - not when sober anyway. I'm more of an awkward kind of guy so don't say things that are too autistic

>have difficulty sustaining long-term relationships
Don't think so, have had a girlfriend for over a year, and friends for a good few. Idk though, I haven't maintained any of my childhood friends, so maybe there is something to this.

cont.
>>
>>17870451
>be unable to control their anger
Nah, total opposite of this. I really don't get angry at very much at all. That's part of what worries me really - not only am I out of touch with other people's emotions, I'm out of touch with my own.

>lack guilt, or not learn from their mistakes
Lack guilt? No. Learn from mistakes? also no. I feel like shit for cheating on my girlfriend etc., but I keep doing it for some reason.

>blame others for problems in their lives
Nah, I blame myself. There isn't really anyone else I can blame, I'm the one doing all the cunty things

>repeatedly break the law
Eh, I guess yeah but not in major ways. I do drugs and have dabbled in selling, but I haven't killed anyone, or done anything that I believe to be hugely immoral
>>
>>17870451

>exploit, manipulate or violate the rights of others
I manipulate people in minor ways, usually things like lying to them to avoid spending time with them, giving them shitty advice so they fuck something up and are preoccupied with it long enough for me to find a nice place to hideaway. People trust me a lot and although I don't use the personal information they tell me to hurt them directly, I do use it as a means to manipulate their behavior/emotions so they'll react to certain things in certain ways that I want them to. Granted, I don't do this shit to people often.

>lack concern, regret or remorse about other people's distress
in my heart of hearts, I couldn't give less of a shit about anyone elses suffering/problems. Like i'm sorry you're in a shitty situation right now dude but I don't give a shit about it. It doesn't affect my life in any way, shape or form if things are going horrible for you at the moment. I also really hate it when people get emotional around me or when they cry over some stupid bullshit.

>behave irresponsibly and show disregard for normal social behaviour
I behave very normally to the point where I try and make myself seem like a bland person on purpose so no one pays attention to me.

>have difficulty sustaining long-term relationships
I don't like romantic relationships, i only like the idea of them. I love the chase until the minute I win it, after which I just cut off the person completely and ignore them as much as possible. I do have a few friends I've known for 7+ years though

>be unable to control their anger
Depends on a lot of things but usually I can keep a lid on it. I keep silent and isolate myself more than normal when I get that angry

>lack guilt, or not learn from their mistakes
I am too paranoid to even want to make mistakes in the first place, I learn from OTHER people's mistakes.

>blame others for problems in their lives
nah, thats pussy shit.

>repeatedly break the law
i've been a good boy (mostly)
>>
>>17870455
>>17870451

I don't think I'm a full blown sociopath though. Might be some mild form of it, but not fully.

Quick question: how do you feel about strangers/acquaintances/anyone invading your personal bubble i.e. touching you without your consent?

I internally lose my shit when strangers touch me, but if I really don't like them I'll audibly ask them to not touch me. might be autism, i don't think it is though
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.