[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having second thoughts about a relationship- and MORE!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1479551207258.jpg (84KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
1479551207258.jpg
84KB, 1000x666px
hi /adv/!
it's my first time posting on /adv/; i need some outsider opinions. i'm so caught up in this right now and i need some help… so this might be a bit of a doozy.
i'm 19, female, and i have been in a relationship with a girl since october of this year.
background info!
my previous relationship was long term, and with a korean guy. i have only ever dated asian men (I include this because it might be helpful information as to why I feel the way i do- I digress.) we started going out when i was 16 and broke up in may of this year. i really wasn’t expecting it to last so long but it did. it was the happiest relationship i've ever been in- well, it was the only serious one i'd ever been in, but it was great. we broke up because…
in may i met a girl who i liked instantly and very soon developed very strong feelings for. i can't really say what it was that i was attracted to about her, but there was obviously something. i broke up with my boyfriend a few weeks after because i needed time to really think about what i wanted (i also had some other things going on in my life with family, academic stuff too, so i was pretty confused). my boyfriend completely understood and, while he was upset, he stood back out of respect for my feelings.
in between may and october of this year, i spent a lot of time thinking about this girl (who i'll call Mimi because why not) and we spent a lot of time together. i learned that she was actually a lesbian and i was pretty happy. we had a chat about things at the beginning of october, and we started going out. i was overjoyed! i had really wanted this relationship, and i'd finally got it. (cont)
>>
File: 1476128181098.jpg (35KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1476128181098.jpg
35KB, 728x546px
i stayed over her house a few times and we had sex. it was underwhelming but it was fine (i had never been with a girl before). obviously, i had become used to things being a certain way, sexually, from my previous relationship. it would take some getting used to, i told myself. another important point is that i have never connected well with girls, and any friendships i've had with girls have invariably failed. let's say i have a difficult time trusting them and relating to them for some reason.
Mimi told me a couple of weeks (or so) later that she had never felt so strongly and so quickly about anyone before, and that even she was taken by surprise at how much she had fallen for me. i was bolstered by this; flattered to say the least. but I could not honestly say the same thing. i certainly was surprised at how quickly i'd fallen for her in may, but that was it really. nevertheless it made me feel much warmer toward her and that month was excellent. we were a very affectionate couple and spent a great deal of time together- and the sex was getting better.
around november i began to notice things. i hated how Mimi wasn't herself in public, and that she tried really hard to be "cute and quirky". for example, she would draw dots under her eyes with makeup and dress sort of strangely on purpose. personally i love to use makeup and express myself but i got the vibe that she wasn't being true to herself and trying to be someone she wasn't. it really bothered me. i talked to her about it and she said that she tries to be likeable. i told her she doesn't have to because i like her enough already. (cont)
>>
File: 1450716535751.jpg (203KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1450716535751.jpg
203KB, 600x790px
i noticed a change within myself in mid-november. i was often very moody (or had surprising and exhausting mood swings) and hated looking at Mimi and speaking to her. i purposely tried to hurt her feelings sometimes. there was a part of me that didn't really believe it when she told me she loved me. she was so passive in comparison to my loud and slightly posessive ex. i told myself to stop comparing Mimi and my ex but i couldn't help it.
i wasn't moody all the time, but this month i have noticed that i've been like this a lot more than i've been happy. on monday i ignored her, and on tuesday (13th) i told her (quite spitefully) that we shouldn't see each other. seeing her get upset was satisfying, and it actually surprised me to see she cared so much. later on, i regretted what i had said, and took it back over a long call. we saw each other this thursday and i couldn’t bring myself to smile at her. she asked to hold my hand and hug me but i didn't want it. i don't understand what's gotten into me!
last night, i was looking at her snapchat story because it was her birthday. she went out with some of her friends. i didn't go because i had to catch a flight… and also to upset her. i understand that what i'm about to say might sound horrible, but on her pictures she looked so slutty and i was furious. it made me so angry. who is she trying to seduce? i was disgusted with her.
so… /adv/… i can give more info if you need, but what i want to know is:
should i break up? can i work through my feelings? are they irrational? am i still hung up on my ex?
sorry it was so long. thanks everyone
>>
File: Egon Schiele.jpg (50KB, 360x640px)
Egon Schiele.jpg
50KB, 360x640px
>>17868704
You really seem to hate her, do you actually still like her?
I mean, if you completely disagree with and are kind of offended by those two phrases then maybe you should just stop and think through everything, and make a rational decision out of it.
If however, you have come to hate her ( which it sure seems like you do, looking at the third part post ) then you should just break up.
>>
>>17868826
there are parts of me which hate her but i love the attention she gives me, and feeling loved.
im not offended and i dont even completely disgaree... i just feel like i havent given the relationship enough of a chance.
>>
>>17868704
You can't get rid of your feelings, but you can channel them to constructive ends. If you are willing to get a bit kinkier in bed, you can indulge your desire to "hurt" Mimi while also spicing up your sex life while deepening your relationship instead of tearing it apart.
>>
>>17868892
haha i see what you're saying, but i'm definitely submissive. i wouldnt want to actually physically hurt her or RP with her. thank you, though.
>>
>>17868948
If you are that submissive and she is so passive in bed in addition to all the other problems, it's probably not going to work out.

But if you want to play around with your doomed relationship, giving her a spanking and making her admit she's your little slut can be therapeutic.
>>
>>17869035
she's actually not passive in bed. she's just passive in every other aspect.
>>
>>17869056
Hmm. Maybe you're being passive aggressive because you want her to take more control and punish you for it?
>>
>>17869104
that sounds accurate.
i just want to stop feeling the way i do and have a healthy relationship. i dont wanna give up just yet.
>>
>>17869142
I know women always want their partners to read their minds but you should probably just tell her "I need more affection/attention/discipline/etc to be kept in line."
>>
File: jdwjffg.jpg (33KB, 365x444px) Image search: [Google]
jdwjffg.jpg
33KB, 365x444px
>>17869254
...is it really as simple as that?
you're a guy, right? if your gf just straight up told you that, how would you react?
>>
>>17868704
Thanks for the boner.
>>
>>17869377
what did it for you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.