[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abuse survivor; How to contact authorities?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0286.png (2KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.png
2KB, 200x200px
[picture not related]

The story of how I reached this conclusion's far too long, but I'll give you an extremely brief background.

I remember almost nothing from the time before I turned seven years old. No, it's not that I've forgotten due to it being thirteen years later. I've been shown pictures of myself before I was seven-years-old, and it's as if I was seeing it for the first time.

I began becoming sexually active at ten years old, but which I tried to hide in vain. I could never think clearly to the point some considered me mentally-deficient. This lead to many other difficulties which resulted in I becoming the black sheep of my family, and ridiculed by even my parents.

Very recently, I've decided enough was enough. Again ... long story short ... I'm certain my biological father had sexually abused me as a child to the point I erased those memories from my mind.

The worst part isn't even the abuse itself. It's that he's a beloved member of the community, a successful personal-injury lawyer, and what I (until recently) perceived to be a supportive father. You can see how traumatizing it was for me to come to this conclusion.

Although I may never escape these memories, the only thing I want now is justice.

I believe there's an old digital camera in my family's basement (I still live with my parents) filled with the fucked-up things he did to me. The problem is, I don't have the slightest clue how to submit this as evidence for his arrest.

I want to look up the process online, but I'm afraid if I accidentally use dated/inaccurate information the authorities may not take me seriously, and by that time my father will figure out what I'm trying to do. Basically, I want to be absolutely certain I do this process correctly, or I may never get this opportunity again.

Please help. Any accurate information relevant to my situation, no matter how small, will help immensely. I can no longer sit around and let my paranoid memories consume me.
>>
Just grab it, walk into a police station, hand it to them and say "my father did this to me". You seriously wont have to say more without them and other professionals helping you bring him to justice.
>>
Start with counseling and see if they have some sort of method of prying exactly what happened out of your memories. Blocked memories are not erased memories, if any of this really happened then they are still there somewhere in some form.

Having a councilor tell the police that they perceive definite signs of abuse is a lot better than your personal accusation based on, by your own admission, nothing.

However even if the police believe you or your therapist, there's still literally nothing they have to write down on file if you can't think of definite dates of abuse, where they happened, who was around at the time, what did the place look like, exactly in what manner he abused you, for how long each occurrence, and so on.

Basically you would NEED to be able to provide information you could only have if either a)it's true, or b) you're an amazing liar. They need to know precisely what it is they're investigating.

Also, if you haven't already, do not talk about this whatsoever with any family member. Don't think about doing any sort of 'investigating' on your own. Word would spread back to your father and his already very good defense only gets better. Leave dismantling that to the authorities.
>>
>>17868391
I think OP is implying that this is all an assumption and that he wants SWAT to bust down the door and start confiscating everything that could possibly be relevant.

Not how it works.
>>
>>17868391

It's that simple? I've never done this before, so I honestly have no idea.

Right now he's still here, and spends a lot of his time in the basement, so I obviously can't just pick it up and go to the police station. I think I'll wait until he goes somewhere tonight, or tomorrow when he's at work. Then I'll verify if those feared pictures are actually in there (I'm not certain, but there's a deal of circumstantial evidence fron him which makes me very suspicious).
>>
>>17868398

Yeah, there's no way I'd go to the police without some very solid evidence. That's why I THINK that camera will, hopefully, be the smoking gun. Even if that somehow isn't enough for an arrest, it should be enough for the authorities to keep him away from me, and a more thorough investigation to take place.
>>
>>17868406

Yes, it's technically all assumption, but I'm VERY convinced that he did something to me ... or if he didn't he's not telling me something important.

The camera would be the strong evidence/proof I need to arrest him. When he's gone sometime tomorrow or later, I'll get the camera and look at the pictures. If they are what I think they are, I have a friend that can drive me to the police station.
>>
>>17868428
What are you going to do in the overwhelmingly likely event of you finding nothing on a 13+ year old camera?
>>
>>17868444

Overwhelmingly likely? How the hell did you calculate those chances knowing nothing about what I know and what I've been through? I think it's more likely there IS something there, since he seems to protect it so much, but I guess you already knew that huh?
>>
>>17868468
About how well did you calculate the chances that you think you have a crummy life and can't remember things well from a time when statistically most people don't remember things well, and come to the conclusion that not just you have the suspicion that you've been sexually abused, but that you are absolutely positively sure of it? You're aware that's a HUGE leap right?

I don't know anything about you besides what I've read, and I gave you advice based on that.

My reasoning is: why the fuck would he just keep something like that lying around if there is in fact evidence of any sort of crime on it at all? A camera is something that people instinctively want to pick up and fiddle with, you think he was so confidant that he kept pictures of him abusing you on a camera for literally 13 years without someone finding it and going through it out of shear curiosity?

I don't know why you think your dad is even "so protective" of this camera beyond that he spends a lot of time in the basement. Does he keep it locked up or something? The fact that you've already said you can just go grab it tomorrow personally tells me that he's not worried about the camera at all.

It is for these reasons why I said it's overwhelmingly likely you're going to find nothing. But good luck dude.
>>
>>17868554

I'm not going to go through my life's story with you, the primary reason being you probably wouldn't believe me anyways. You don't seem to be the kind who's accepting of others pain unless they literally show you some visible scars. I'm sorry I can't take a photograph of my mental trauma, so you're just going to have to wait until I can confirm this abuse through the photographs he's taken.

When I've looked through all the evidence and it turns out there was nothing after all, THEN you can judge. Besides, the point of this thread is to offer advice. I don't care if you think I'm lying, delusional, or overly idealistic. Just offer advice as if I were telling the truth, and allow me to deal with the consequences if I'm wrong.
>>
>>17868624
I did offer you advice. I told you exactly what you'll need to go to the police, because that is the question that you asked us.

But sure, if you're so concerned about my opinion about you then yes I do believe you are a manic person who's desperate for an excuse to why his life apparently sucks, and all you have given me is paranoid hostility that just confirms it to me. If I "didn't care about others pain" I wouldn't be on this fucking board giving you advice at all, you complete shit.

I'll give you further advice: go see a therapist, because sex abuse or not, there is something clearly wrong with you.
>>
Why don't you just look at the photos on the camera. Like what the fuck? If you think something's on it then fucking find out.
>>
>>17869289
this.

6/10 OP you baited the board at least to a degree.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.