[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debunking 'Male Privilege' with stupid African cousin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 66263556.jpg (81KB, 461x403px)
66263556.jpg
81KB, 461x403px
So I'm having a bit of an issue with my stupid 22yr old female Kenyan cousin who has come to visit me for Christmas and will be staying until Jan 2017.

She wants to end Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and women's oppression in Africa. Seems great right....To bad the bitch is the most sexist and homophobic person I've ever seen.

She believes that 'gays' are wrong and choose to be gay. She also critisizes anyone who steps out of gender boundaries as 'wrong'.

But she will always say that males have more privilege than females. And when I discuss issues like parental custody in divorce or dating issues, cognitive dissonance bites her and she tries to say 'It's not that bad'?

Since punching her in the face and breaking her jaw would be assault, I would prefer to go down the civilized route and have logical arguments with her. What are some rebuttals to her stupid statements?
>>
> What are some rebuttals to her stupid statements?

None....

Feminism is shit, but her issue is more with her belief system. As a 23yr old white guy living in Washington D.C whose had black friends from particularly East Africa (Kenya, Somalia), they have pretty rigid 'old fashioned' beliefs on gender identity and norms. Men reject femininity, are emotionally strong, work for their family, Women raise kids, be docile (not try to take a man's role) etc.

Just out of question OP, is it just her who believes this or your entire family.
>>
>>17867715
>She believes that 'gays' are wrong and choose to be gay
There is enough scientific data to shut her up. If she can't accept it, attempting any further arguments is pointless.

>She also critisizes anyone who steps out of gender boundaries as 'wrong'.
This will be more complicated given how gender roles are a complex subject, I guess the most simple way would be examples from history where things that was considered masculine/feminine was completely opposed to our understanding of it. Something like high heels being men wear for example.

Besides it's inconsistent with her other beliefs.

>she will always say that males have more privilege than females.
That's simply a fact. Work towards a middle ground and make her acknowledge that females have some advantages too like custody. (Which is related to gender roles, so gotta play on two sides)

>dating issues
Just don't fucking go this way. It's ridiculous.

>I would prefer to go down the civilized route and have logical arguments with her.
You can always try, if she proves to be too dense, there is always sarcasm.
>>
She's from a savage place where its is true. Just pity her and patronize her for being from such an uncivilized place on earth and move on. Not worth trying to teach her something when she'll be back to jungle in a month
>>
From what you stated above, you have some same point of view in several things like how you want to end the fgm something. And feminism isn't always shit, but often it does.

>privileges
Different privileges is a sure thing, if she thinks men have more privileges in good things, then she must know that men also get 'bad privileges' more than women

I think she will never stop arguing, eventhough it reach the point of her saying nonsense bullshits in her arguments. Nope, you will never win, just be patient, and I think there will be time to stop because someday It won't matter what you say about those things, for her.
>>
>>17867715
>What are some rebuttals to her stupid statements?
Stuff like this:
>parental custody in divorce or dating issues
There might be other logical arguments you can make, but thinking that it will lead to a different result is just delusion.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.