[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my doctor prescribed me this should i take it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

my doctor prescribed me this

should i take it?
>>
It's done me a world of good, but some people don't like it very much. Depends on your neurobiology and what you want out of it, but don't be an attention seeking pussy. You either want to get better, in which case you'll follow a professional's advice, or you don't, in which case you'll do what you want regardless of what anyone tells you.
>>
better give it a chance and see if it's doing any good
>>
>>17866850
Maybe take microdoses to start? Find out the threshold on these (the minimum it takes to get an effect) and take it slow. Check in with your Dr (probably could just call him) weekly/biweekly about how you feel on them.
>>
if your doctor prescribed it to you,yes take it.if you see any negative symptoms,you should contact your doctor to change what medicine you take.
>>
>>17866850
It can help you but be warned - all SSRI's can kill your boner and sex drive. If you're suffering mentally you might decide that's worth it.
>>
>>17866850
yeah.
it'll take a month before you see improvement tho.
>>
I took it and got
>depersonalization
>random crying
>anger issues
>almost impossible to orgasm (male btw)
>generally feeling like I was in a weird fog
I only took it for 6 months, and it wasn't until years later I felt like I was in touch with reality again. SSRIs are a scam imo. They may make some people feel better, but drinking makes me feel better. That doesn't mean my sadness is caused by a lack of alcohol. Find the root cause of your depression, and thoroughly exhaust all other options before you drug yourself and risk rewiring your brain permanently.
>>
>>17866941
Can confirm,i used to jerk off almost everyday and ever since i've been on zoloft it's more like once every two weeks.
>>
Okay I had the same problem a few months ago, I didn't know if I should take it or not. What Zoloft does is fixing the biochemical imbalance in your brain to cure whatever disorder you have (depression, anxiety, OCD). Please don't be scared of all the horror stories you will hear from other, they include: you become suicidal, depersonalization, anger, feeling the need to do things like a shooting or robbing banks.
The main side effect you will probably experience is difficulties with having an orgasm if you're male, dizzyness which goes away after a while and temporary nausea.
As I said those side effects will go away after a while.
At first I took 25mg which is not a therapeutic dose for depression. Then I started with 50mg and it worked. I have my depression under control and can't be happier. Zoloft saved my life. If your doctor prescribed you 100mg, call and ask if you can start with 50mg at first and see how it works after 2-3 weeks. Yes it needs some time to work but good things happen to people who wait. If you want more advice I can give you my email address. Hope I could help you.
>>
>>17866850
>doctor with years of training says one thing
>better see what random faggots on the internet think

Are you serious?
>>
Don't SSRI's destroy my memory period. not worth it flush them down the toilet now
>>
>>17867523
/thread
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.