[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help SO to lose weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: chubby-tummy.jpg (53KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
chubby-tummy.jpg
53KB, 300x260px
Hi /adv/ ! nice to see you again.

My girl complains time to time about her body (she is curvy/chubby) and decides to do exercises and diet. I support her and even try to do the same diet and exercises.
But little by little she stops doing exercises and stops the diet.
after a while she is not doing neither exercises nor diet.
This has happened like 3 times, now she wants to do exercises and diet again and I'm afraid she will again fail to stick to it.

What can I do to help her not to stop doing it? For now I will do 100% the same she does, and if she stops doing something i'll do it anyway and invite her to join me with the diet or whatever.
>>
Diet is 80% of weight loss.
>>
>>17865902
Both of you should install MyFitnessPal set your goals and follow each other there. Make a bet on who'd lose 2kg first etc. But seriously man count calories and eat at a deficit I've lost 12kg it's not as hard as you think
>>
YOU have to diet too. I don't mean this because you're fat or because you need to "suffer" with her, but women in relationships often get fat because they're eating the same kinds of food and portion sizes as their male counterparts. The males burn through more energy just by having male bodies.

When you "go on a diet", you generally relapse because it's supposed to be temporary. You need to "change your diet" together. Learn how to source good vegetables and fish from the stores in your area, and start figuring out the way to make them taste good and be the main part of how you eat.

If you're used to the modern way of eating, maybe this stuff will seem unappealing, but after about a month you'll pick up on the perceptions on what you need to bring out in the cooking to make it more for you.
>>
>>17865902
Also depending on your goals try to follow a program and set a goal and work for it otherwise you'll lose motivation quick. Try to finish couch to 5km challenge or something
>>
>>17865923
Thanks, we'll use MyFitnessPal

>>17865925
>>17865927
Thanks for the tips
>>
I lost 30 pounds in 3 months so I can give a few tips for losing weight.

1. Count your calories when you're shopping. If you shop for groceries once a week or month then you should count the calories of all the food you're buying and weigh it with your caloric intake. It helps reduce unneeded snacking as well if you don't have surplus food in your house. Obviously there's things like condiments that you don't need to worry about, but doing this helps a ton in losing weight.

2. Never drink calories. Don't drink 'healthy' juice that has sugar in it. Only water and hot green tea with no sugar.

3. Move around. You don't have to sweat and get a good work-out, but going for half-hour walks a couple times a day is good for boosting metabolism.

4. Fasting is also a good alternative. Nothing extreme, but what I did was I ate a normal 3 meals a day, then every other day I would only eat breakfast and drink tea to help myself not feel hungry the rest of the day.
>>
It sounds like she doesn't want to actually lose weight, but feels compelled to. It's pretty common.

My advice? Be sympathetic. Ask her why she wants to lose weight. Here her reasoning. If it's anything like most women, the reason she's struggling is because she doesn't want to lose weight because she's punishing herself for being fat and isn't good enough of a person to "deserve" to lose weight. Basically, in order to improve, you have to not only want to improve, but believe you are deserving of improvement.

I'm not sure how similar this kind of thinking is for men and weight loss, but it's certainly this way for women and weight loss.
>>
>>17865902
It sounds like you don't have half a clue what you are doing.
Fortunately I'm a Personal Trainer and can give you advice for free as I doubt you live near where I work:

>Find a goal
This can be weight loss/body fat%/hip to waist ratio

>Find what she likes
If she enjoys cardio/weights/classes have her do that

>Look after her form and posture
That means working the antagonist for a set of everything she does, she might do very light shoulder presses, but she will have to do light lat pulldowns otherwise she will walk around like she is carrying two barrels under her arms

>Find an incentive
This might be a dress in her ideal size

>Implement lifestyle changes
Make going to the gym 2 - 3 times a week part of her week every week, with you or without you it doesn't matter

>Gradually implement a decent diet
Ensure she is getting her veggies in as a part of a balanced diet, don't have low fat/fad diet shit

>Review progress every 3 - 6 weeks
This is where you can decide to up the volume or intensity of what she does, this is also a good time to help her understand what is happening, she might maintain her weight, but have wider hips and retain the same waist measurements, meaning she looks better

>Throw a few compliments her way
These will go a long way and reinforce the lifestyle changes

>Teach her restraint
A good day at the gym or working harder might mean she can enjoy a bit more food, but it doesn't mean she can consume a pizza to herself along with desserts.
Make sure she understands calories in and out, and that burning 500 calories doesn't mean she can have 500 calories more food and achieve her goals.

Ultimately you need to give her a lifestyle change as temporary diets/fad diets/magic pills don't work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.