[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend is a single dad and we've been dating for about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 14501948595692.png (373KB, 488x669px) Image search: [Google]
14501948595692.png
373KB, 488x669px
My boyfriend is a single dad and we've been dating for about 2 years. Recently he introduced me to his daughter, she's 12.

She seems to hate me immensely. She had a very dismissive and negative attitude towards me immediately and doesn't want anything to do with me.

What can I do to get on more friendly terms with her or is it hopeless?
>>
How does a single dad even happen lmao
Like how does a WOMAN abandon a GUY AND HER KID
>>
>>17865412
Have you tried talking at length about things she likes?
>>
>>17865418
Maybe she's dead.
>>
>>17865418
Usually it's drugs or she violent

>>17865412
Just find a commonality
She doesn't like a woman calling her daddy daddy so sometimes it just takes some time
>>
>>17865420
She doesn't even want to talk to me or be in the same room as me. She seems to be despise my very existence.
>>
File: 1300797600611.jpg (53KB, 451x392px) Image search: [Google]
1300797600611.jpg
53KB, 451x392px
>>17865412
>dating a single parent.
Is there a female specific word for cuckold?
>>
>>17865430
What if you ignore her while having fun with him? Eventually, she'll get the hint that she needs to at least tolerate you to have that same good time. Eventually, she should get used to you, a Stockholm effect, if you will.
>>
What happened to her mother? She obviously sees you as some sort of fake replacement for a very important person in her life.
>>
Oh course she hates you, you're the harpy who's going to take daddy away.

At first you should just give her time to get used to you. Don't give her more attention that what she wants, don't try to spend time with her or talk to her if she doesn't want you to. But do observe her. Figure out what she likes and what she doesn't, what worries her, what makes her happy, what treats she enjoys most etc. And then, once some time passes and she's a little more comfortable with your existence try to take advantage of the information you gathered. Talk to her about the things she's interested in. Make it seem like you have something in common. Give her some small gifts that you know she loves. Help her with her problems and her worries. Also try not to be too affectionate with your boyfriend in front of her, at least in the beginning. Kisses and hugs are a no-no.
>>
>>17865412

Teenagers are difficult, it will only get tougher from there on. Don't try to be her mother. Just the fair and nice towards her (but take care not to be too 'nice'), treat her like you'd treat any person who's close to someone you care about. Don't force the relationship with her, it will build over time. Try not to interfere with the time between the father and the daughter, or influence their relationship. Just be there as an adult she can talk to if she wants to. Treat her like a person and she'll appreciate that, especially if her father tends to treat her as a kid. She might never come to like you, but don't let that bother you too much. Just be consistent and good to both to her and her father and she might eventually come to view you as a part of everyday life.
>>
>>17865433
It's a cuckquean

Lol
>>
>>17865437
I feel like if I ignore her she'll just hate me more and use it as a justification for her hate.

>>17865443
Her mother abandoned them when she was a baby.

>>17865446
So just give her space and observe her interests. That seems easy enough.

>>17865447
I just want us to be friends, I have absolutely no intention of trying to be her mom or interfering with them in any way. I don't really know how to be a mom anyway but I'd like us to be able to coexist somehow. I find it difficult to get on her good side when she's put up a huge wall between us but I guess it's true that might just hate me forever. My boyfriend really wants us to get along well too and I feel like I'm letting him down.
>>
>>17865508
>Her mother abandoned them when she was a baby.
Well than that's not it. Maybe you're just an annoying weabboo? Idk desu
>>
>>17865514
Just because her mom wasn't there doesn't mean she wants a replacement mom. Also the fact that her mom wasn't there means her dad is her main parent and she's probably really close to him and she sees OP as a threat to that relatinship.
>>
>>17865514
This. Your weeb pic in OP suggests this to me
>>
>>17865520
Not only that, OP probably isn't the first woman he's dated since mom up and left them.

So the little girl has probably seen women come and go out of her life, and more importantly, out of her dad's life. Each time his heart gets broken and she gets abandoned and she starts to hate her own gender a little more.

She very well probably sees you as a confirmed threat, because she knows it has to end sometime, and her and dad are the ones that pay the price.
>>
OP, aren't you bothered by the fact that he has a child?
>>
>>17865508
>I just want us to be friends

Don't start with this. It's too much, considering the situation and the age cap between you two. Start simpler, both you and her want what's best for her father, no? You know she comes first, because she's his child. Then prove to her that you're good to him too. Coexisting is the first step, yes, and that's difficult while you're both still getting used to each other. Build habits with her and get to know her and let her get to know you. Try to figure out if you have some common ground, whether it be hobbies, interests or Tv-shows or whatever. If you want to b friends, build up to it like you'd with anyone. Step by step, through conversation, knowledge and awful inside jokes. Don't hurry it, trust is necessary and it won't happen over night.
>>
>>17865418
Guys do it all the time, why are their motives never questioned?

And OP, you can forget about being real friends with the daughter. You'll only end up frustrated. At some older age, she'll be more accepting of her dad dating, but at this specific age, it's unlikely. Do your best not to interfere with her, and whatever you do, do NOT even attempt to parent her.
As a kid I was a brat and made both of my parents break up with several partners. It's hard for a kid not to be selfish.
>>
>>17865537
Not at all, I admire his commitment to his daughter a lot. He's a very good and caring man too. The only thing that bothers me is my own lack of confidence to being a suitable wife in this situation. I want to be the best wife I can be but I also have to respect his daughter and give her space and try not to impose in her life too much. It's a strange dynamic I'm not sure I can pull off without a couple mistakes but I'm willing to give it my best try. My father definitely wants me kind of a motherly figure to her but in my heart I want to be more like a big sister she can turn to sometimes. I'm not sure if I'll ever reach that point but I'll try.
>>
>>17865412
teenage girls often hate their real mothers, so it'll be doubly hard on you
>>
>>17865412
She just hates the new woman that is trying to replace her mom and take her dad's attention I hated my step mom too it's natural and it will go away eventually if she's sane
>>
>>17865549
>Guys do it all the time, why are their motives never questioned?
well they don't spend 9 months carrying a creature and got split apart by said creature, I thought that might form some bond.
>>
>>17865537
single dad is a lot more desirable than single mom t.b.h
>>
>>17865508
She doesn't want to share her dad. It sounds like she's used to be the only woman in her dad's life and sees you as taking that away from her. I don't think the best approach would be to try talking to her about this. just tell her you're not trying to take her dad away and theres enough love for everyone <3
>>
>>17865657
That's just a meme women want you to believe.
>>
Imagine if one day you woke up and there was this person you HAD to be around and interact with. At first its just anytime you go out, but you know that eventually they'll move into your fucking house and become a fixture of your life for at least 6 years. This is not a person you chose or would ever chose to interact with, and you have no say in the matter. It's demanded that you like this person, and if you ever voice any dislike of them you'll be punished.

Would you like that person or want anything to do with them? No, and most people wouldn't, so why do you and your dumb bf expect this little girl to?
>>
Just fucking act like normal and don't take her seriously. If you feed into her brattyness she'll just keep acting that way.
>>
>>17865418
this is pretty sexist
men and women can be equally shitty
no joke.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.