[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video game anger issues?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Angry-gamer-shutterstock.jpg (36KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
Angry-gamer-shutterstock.jpg
36KB, 620x413px
My dad plays Hearthstone and 99% of the time when he plays this game, he sits and cuss, swear and use every word that offends God. It's very frustrating, because when you try to talk to him he literally bites your head off. He says the game makes him relax but he just sits and gets more and more angry. My mom and I often just avoid making contact or tell him to calm down because it'll just anger him more. What I fear is that some day he'll just snap and throw something. This is just not acceptable, but discussing it with him is futile. He yells at the dog, at the cat, at us and the screen. He's turning 50. Sometimes I just want to disconnect the internet but that makes him fly through the roof. Since he started playing, he's just become extremely vile towards us... How do I deal with this?
>>
>>17865259
Did he show any anger issues prior to the HEARTH
>>
>>17865262
Nope. Quiet, calm man. Never really uttered bad words.
>>
>>17865270
Sounds like your dad has repressed anger issues is he the typw that walks away from real fights but blows up on a dog for piss in in the house?
>>
>>17865259
>will literally bite your head off
>>
>>17865276
This is my best bet
>>
>>17865259
YOLO!
>>
>>17865259

Film him playing once and show it to him once he's calmed down and rational again. It might make him embarrassed of the way he's acting. People tend to not realise how they're overeacting in the heat of the moment.
>>
>>17865284
This might be a good idea OP just hope he doesn't best the shit out of you when he sees filming him ppl hate being filmed without consent
>>
Teach him that if he keeps his composure and plays calmly that he will actually do much better at the video game he's playing. Because its true.

Then he'll associate getting mad with playing worse and doing worse and he'll want to avoid getting mad so he can play better. If he still has anger issues despite trying not to have them, teach him how if he can stop when he notices himself starting to get angry that if he takes a break and calms down he'll go back to feeling fine. Have him learn to step in and intervene on himself early if he notices his anger is getting out of control.

I guess what i'm saying is easier said than done but if you can figure out a way to teach him this it will work. He may also just suck really bad at the game and not know how to get better which could contribute to his frustration. So try to advise him to look up guides and videos made by good players.
>>
I think the biggest problem is that a 50 yr old man is playing video games in my mid 20s I've all but completely written off video games
>>
>>17865322
Ur dumb and close minded

It's a fookin digital card game m8
Ancient ass niggas be playing poker and go
It ain't that different homie
>>
>>17865328
How in the world is a man getting mad and screaming over a card game? This story is getting more and more hilarious. I could understand someone getting mad playing a shooter and getting killed over and over but a card game? That's full retard mode.
>>
>>17865337
That's why my guess was he got some repressed anger he be lettin out
There's some bs that happens through RNG but nothing rage inducing

Especially when he says is "calms him down"
Something else has gotta be the issue
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.