[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

christmas gifting thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0902.jpg (91KB, 579x377px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0902.jpg
91KB, 579x377px
i wanna buy a book for my girlfriend for christmas. she isn't super into reading but she reads more than average. she has moderately pleb tastes (i think her favorite author is hemingway) i'm thinking i could get her a really pretty copy of slaughterhouse five (i know vonnegut is a shit but it's comfy and nice shit) thoughts? suggestions? i feel like it might come off as me thinking it's a way to like guilt her into reading more or something idk.
>>
>>17865245
Why would you buy her anything? Is she going to buy you something?
>>
>>17865359
Normal people exchange gifts with loved ones

OP that sounds like a great idea hopefully she'll like but Hemingway is actually very talented
>>
>>17865374
>I'm impotent and wanna kill myself wahhhh
>>
File: IMG_2213.jpg (62KB, 640x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2213.jpg
62KB, 640x713px
>>17865374
thanks man i guess i just wanted confirmation it wasn't a bad idea. i didn't mean he was a bad writer, i just fucken hated old man and the sea. idk.

>>17865359
yah
>>
>>17865245
>neckbeards on /lit/ tell me which writers to like, because I am incapable of making up my own mind
>>
>>17865725
>i make fun of people on /adv/
>>
>>17865245
so she doesn't care about reading
you want her to read more
so her X-mas present is a book.
yes it's a bad idea.

here's a comparison
my boyfriend likes Magic the Gathering
I don't really care for MtG, but I don't dislike it
so if he wants me to play MtG more,
he gets a Christmas present for me that is a starter's kit to MtG
my reaction would probably be: What The Fuck

why?
because it's not a gift for her. it's a gift for you.
it's you pushing what you like onto her
instead of actually getting her something SHE likes
it's just selfish.

put more thought into what your girlfriend actually likes, not what you like.
>>
>>17866422
shet u right, but the other day she told me she wanted to read more y'kno. idk though.
>>
>>17866405
He was doing a pretty good job. OP sounds like a pretentious faggot. There's nothing wrong with Hemingway or Vonnegut. OP probably thinks Bukowski is good reading.
>>
>>17866441
well don't make her CHRISTMAS PRESENT a book!!!
you can give her the book too (don't bother splurging on a "nice" copy cuz she won't really care/appreciate it since she isn't into books)
but get her something that you KNOW she'll like

like ok what are her interests?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.