[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In terms of fitting in at work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: that-feel-pc.jpg (51KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
that-feel-pc.jpg
51KB, 648x595px
Hey so my brother's going to help me get a job where he works but I'm afraid I'm not gonna fit in with him and his friends. He's been there for 10 years so I'm kinda coming in under the radar.

I'd hate to make problems for him and it seems like a pretty good place to work.

Do you guys have any tips? I'd hate to get a big head and mess everything up. Who can I even talk to?
>>
also is this even a good business move in terms of me and my brothers relationship? we barely talk and he just kinda tells me what I should do "hey you should do this, you should do that" so we aren't really close at all which could make things awkward for the other guys at work
>>
>>17864344
Never trust your coworkers and keep everything superficial. Be funny and easy to talk to but never talk about other people to coworkers. Keep out of drama and gossip, be easy going and funny and you'll do fine. The one time i haven't enjoyed a job is where i got involved in bullshit and trusted coworkers. You make the mistake once. Also it's difficult working with family, keep it professional and you'll be alright.
>>
>>17864350
thanks, that's really "look after yourself first" kind of advice and I find that really helpful but I'm more worried about who I can be friends with and who I can't. He's really close with a lot of people there and they actually know him better than I do.
>>
>>17864362
You can be friends with all of them but be close friends with none. Anyone who talks even a little about other coworkers will do the same about you. Looking after yourself will dictate who it'll be a good idea to befriend and who not too. Also be wary of the spotlight effect i think you're overthinking this a tad.
>>
>>17864381
yeah I am, but it's cause I've been having problems with my other jobs. I hope it really works this time cause I really need to move out of home for once.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.