[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

doing work experience at safeway should i quit going crazy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nym3yzZVM81uwsnuqo1_1280.jpg (305KB, 798x761px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nym3yzZVM81uwsnuqo1_1280.jpg
305KB, 798x761px
doing work experience at safeway should i quit going crazy
>>
>>17864244
i can do bagging okay but if its alot of multitasking not very good at it
>>
Just put up with it until something better comes along.
>>
the longer you do it, the easier it will get
>>
>>17864255
atleast in the first week of jan going on a cruise so have that to look foreward to
>>
>>17864244
1-4pm mon wensday friday
>>
>>17864244
>doing work experience
What does this mean? Are you getting paid?

Don't work at a grocery store for free
>t works at a grocery store
>>
>>17864280
i dont got alot of experience so that why im doing it
>>
I've never been so miserable as when I was at Safeway. The work was actually really easy and the next job I took, at an indie bookstore, was a lot more stressful. But just being in that environment made the world, and my life, seem a lot bleaker.

My advice to you is, apply everywhere around town. Every store, restaurant, government program, carpentry company, whatever. And then as soon as you get another job, quit. Even if the Safeway job is easier, if you're like me it'll make you more unhappy and will sabotage your self-confidence. Fuck Safeway.

A couple questions:
What's your education level?
How dependent are you on this job for your own survival?
>>
>>17865045
What was so bleak about Safeway? I've worked retail, but it was for stuff like hardware shops. While boring I never found it particularly depressing.
>>
>>17865050
The environment made me feel like I was a loser for even being there. The turnover rate there was insane, and a lot of the other employees were about a step away from homelessness, or were there for sort of emergency situations (i.e. a guy who moved to my town for a carpentry job, but the company folded right before he arrived, so he needed the money; a girl who moved out here after grad school with no plan, etc.). It was truly a thing of everybody was in a tough situation, and everybody knew it. And a couple kids I'd gone to school with showed up at the store and kind of looked down their noses at me.

It's the type of thing that only affects you if you work in places like Safeway, or McDonald's, or other such places. Other types of low level jobs don't carry the same connotations. After I held that job, again, I was working near minimum wage at a bookstore for months and I loved it. I also worked at a pizza place, which was fine. Working at a hardware store, even a Best Buy, would've been a huge upgrade from that.
>>
>>17865069
When I said hardware I meant stuff like Home Depot. Maybe that was a major difference though, I never saw my peers from highschool there since few of them would ever go to a place like that.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.