[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voices in your head

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: lead_large.jpg (24KB, 615x473px) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
24KB, 615x473px
When did you realize that you heard voices in your head? I ve read that many people consider the voices to be their own thoughts at the beginning. How can you distinguish them?
My father had schizophrenia. After reading that most people mistake the "voices" as their own thoughts at first, I wondered if it is normal to think about a topic for a longer time or if it is a symptom to have recurrent thoughts.

How often do you think about the same sentence or story in half an hour?
Sometimes I fell like it is exhausting to communicate with people. Then I am more listening to my own thoughts. Sometimes I really enjoy talking to people.

What is your life with schizophrenia like? What is your biggest source of happyness and what is your biggest struggle?
>>
This post brings back a forgotten memory..

Many, many years ago, when i was a teenager, I found if I concentrated really hard on various songs that I'd listened to a lot at the time, i could almost hear the song. It took a fair bit of mental effort but I remember doing it because I thought it was weird and kind of interesting. After a long time of doing that I started "hearing" shit that wasn't songs, which kind of freaked me out so I stopped doing it. Luckily for me it stopped happening when I stopped deliberately trying to do it. Looking back on that, I can't help but wonder if I'd kept trying to hear shit that wasn't there, if I might have developed a serious problem. Or maybe I was just a retard, who knows.
>>
>>17862308
This will be just rambling, but lately some strange shit has been happening to me, but I'm not sure what. I mean, this week I have actually spent an entire night lying in bed, unable to sleep and actually wondering whether or not people in the same room as me were reading my fucking thoughts. My life is currently fucked up and I genuinely think that I'm being followed by an organized group of individuals, and it has gotten to the point where I can't go out on the street without seeing people I know for sure belong to that group. So much so that sometimes I think that my every action (and thought?) is being monitored and that people are trying to influence my life in various ways just to gauge how I'll react, trying to harvest some sort of knowledge from these interactions. Lately I have been using drugs on a regular basis and that has definitely impacted the way this all is influencing me, but it goes farther than that. There's something about my thought processes and the way I perceive the world that has been fucking up with me. What bothers me the most though is that sometimes I can't help but feel that some sort of conspiracy is CERTAINLY in place. I'm not happy saying that, but that's how I feel. I have actually managed to gather solid evidence that I'm being followed and such, which provides a basis for so much far-fetched shit that I can't tell what's real and what's not anymore. It's frightening. It got tot the point where I don't even know if the evidence I gathered has any validity.

>>17862322
Funny that you mentioned that. Something that I love doing is reproduce music in my mind. I'm so good at it now that I can fully reproduce complex instrumental pieces (jazz, classic, et al.) without any difficulty. There may be a correlation between intense thought internalization habits and development of mental problems.
>>
>>17863125
Lay off the drugs and realize that no one would care enough to start such a grand conspiracy against you
>>
>>17863158
I'm already cutting them off for a while, but believe me when I say that I have concrete reasons to believe that something is definitely happening outside of my own mind's machinations. I can't really put my finger on it yet, but damn...
>>
>>17862308
Do you regularly see a psychiatrist? Do you take your daily antipsychotic medication?

You seem to suffer from paranoid schizophrenia and should speak to your psychiatrist about adjusting your medication.
That's probably the best advice anyone on here can give you.

There is no grand conspiracy against you. It's all in your mind, you will proof this to yourself after the meds kick in, usually after about two months of taking them daily. Good luck my friend, I'm a diagnosed schizo too, and life with it isn't that bad, it's manageable. Work together with your psychiatrist, take your medication religiously, and you'll be fine.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.