[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Terrified of Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1474857664078.png (105KB, 283x302px)
1474857664078.png
105KB, 283x302px
So when I was about 15-16 I used to get these sort of mini-panic attacks whenever I thought about what waits for us after we die
Usually they'd happen when I was in the shower or in bed. I'd be thinking about consciousness, existence, time etc etc existential bullshit. I'm not sure how to describe it, but every couple of minutes my thoughts would go a certain way and then all of a sudden I could feel a massive chasm engulfing me and my head would sort of shiver.
My chest would tighten, my hands would turn into fists, I'd be hyperventilating for a couple seconds, and usually I'd try to punch something or curse out loud but not loud enough that someone could hear. This would happen maybe 3-6 times until I fell asleep or finished with my showering or otherwise busied my brain with something concrete like video games or homework.
I'm 19 now, and I'm having a bit of a relapse. So far its happened every time I've taken a shower for the past 3 days. While it's not noticeably impacting my life in any way, it's still terrifying when it happens, and it kind of sticks in the back of my mind.

Does anyone else have these sorts of thoughts and experience similarly visceral reactions?
>>
Lol quit being such a pussy. Death is a natural part of life, deal with it.

Try DMT or something.
>>
Grow up
>>
>>17860746
I will lay in bed sometimes and be thinking about things in life and be bodyslammed by the reality that "wow, this is all going to end, I'm going to die" or "my friends are going to die" and it really fills you with anxiousness, it's shitty, i can't help really, I just distract myself, but I can identify with your feeling. The thoughts come and go.
>>
they are panic attacks. youll get over it. nothing to worry about. they cant hurt you. dont fight it. know the discomfort will pass. what happens to you after u die is out of your hands and not worth worrying about.
>>
like anons say..they're not dangerous, so don't amplify them by thinking you'll get a heart attack from it or some weird shit that people think..practice breathing exercise to calm yourself down..it does work..also, i noticed that the more i learned about how human body works and human mind, the less scared i was of such thoughts..also try looking into DMT/LSD..they're drugs without bad side effects..but they're used to lessen the anxiety of cancer patients when they're facing death..it gives you a different perspective on life.. just go to youtube and watch what others say..it gives you halucinations and stuff..makes you confront your fears etc..

also, i was afraid i would drown or die by suffocation..then one day i choked on some food..it wasn't that serious at all.. but i've realized that in that moment, i didn't suffer, i didn't think of my family and my life didn't flash before my eyes, i wasn't scared at all..my brain went on survival mode and tried to survive this shit..i can't describe how it felt but it wasn't bad and it wasn't scary and it wasn't sad..there were no emotions in it..since then i don't fear death by suffocation and/or drowning as much..or any death for that matter
>>
watch this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQwedC1WzI
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513KB, 2048x1366px
>>17860746
Read a philosophical book or find a religion or something.
>>
>>17860746

You're really fortunate, OP, because almost all people are able to habitually ignore that reality. Even if they TRIED to remember reality, they would immediately forget. So you're in a great spot, because you can use that to become an exceptional person. Do what you can to accentuate it, and use the terror as an engine driving you to kindness, and to delving into philosophy and religious thought, and to accomplishing what you can in the time you have left, however much or little that may be. Honestly, you've been given a real treasure.
>>
>>17862062
Existential crises are hardly revolutionary.
>>
>>17860746
I'm kind of similiar. I'm not really worried about what's after death as much as I am worried about death itself. Specifically when the people I love are going to die.
I'll cry and hyperventilate at night thinking about it sometimes, and I wish I didn't obsess over it, but I can't help but worry about me not being able to save someone. And then I think about how scared they'll be. It (not trying 2 be funny) kills me.
>>
>>17862064
Occasional half-hearted pseudo-crises aside, persistent, on-going panic attacks about one's eventual demise are EXTRAORDINARILY rare. They're virtually unheard of in the human experience, which is largely why humans are such lazy, pathetic slugs. If you tried your absolute best to keep that thought in mind, and nothing else but that thought, there's no way in hell you'd be able to do it for 120 seconds. Try it and you'll see.

*Provided you're honest and capable of self-observation.
>>
>>17860746
Holyshit bro I had the same thing.

I had that with strange fillies all paranoia and anxiety

The rushes of fear was like an open tap. Eventually it got so bad that I lost all emotion and could have easily steped into the traintack.

The feeling in my head would kick in 10 seconds after waking up. When asleep I would have mostly nightmares

I got over it around your age. I've pretty much accepted that life is random shit and whether I die now, time eventually will kill us.

My anxiety turned into depression slowly and now I'm trying to get out at 21.

I missed out on dating and norm teenage shit because of my anxiety.

Nice to know you have it too

Stay strong and positive. Seek new experiences. It helps mental change and growth

My lack of experience with women due to my past anxiety disorder caused me to waste an opportunity with a chic last night :(

But whatever
We can do it senpai
>>
>>17863176
I tried to have a panic attack about dying, but I can't help but think it'd be better than continuing to live. I don't feel that I should force myself to try and attain immortality through word of mouth after I die. It'll all crumble down. I don't see a reason to fear the reaper. I welcome him.

I don't know if this is honesty or self-observation or whatever, but I guess I can't have a panic-attack about dying.

Maybe it's just not sticking.
Maybe it is.

I see it as the period before I was born. I keep thinking of human beings as tape recorders that observe then fall apart.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.