[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing Poorly in School

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: feelsbadyosh.jpg (17KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadyosh.jpg
17KB, 396x385px
18 year old high school fag here. I'm doing absolute shit in school. I am passing, but one of the worst students in the classes. After I started doing poorly on tests I told myself not to worry since if I start studying and doing my homework then I'll start acing tests in no time. I studied my ass off for the biology and physics test (7 days for physics, 3 days it so for biology) and when I finished the tests I was so confident and they felt so easy, but when I got them back I got a 67% on then both.

My English essays get absolute shit grades because I don't enjoy writing about things I don't care about, but what worries me is that even if I did write about something I liked I would still fail.

My only merit is French where I regularly get 90s and 100s, but I feel like I'm only doing well for a high school student and certainly not a professional.

My other flaws are my absolute laziness, procrastination and though I'm informed on a lot more than my classmates (i.e. a lot of history, politics, literature to a degree, niche topics and issues), I'm still not very smart.

My only skills are talking and my calmness. I'm naturally a quiet and somewhat introverted person, but when I get to talk about something I think it's interesting or argue for things that I'm informed on, I love it. I'm also pretty damn good at it at least in my opinion, though I probably have a lot of room to improve. I also don't like acting like a dick when debating, I never lose my calm at anything and stay relaxed unlike some others who get pissed when their ideas are challenged. Another thing I have is my moral backbone. I'm a very ethical person (though I don't hesitate to bend the rules if it doesn't hurt anyone) and feel as if it's my duty to defend people going through injustice.

Is there any future for me? I'm guessing lawyer or politician is my best route, but is there anything I should know about these jobs or are there any other options I have? How can I improve in school? Thanks.
>>
>>17860564
What do you think about working with your hands? Ever think about getting a trade after high school?
>>
Maybe you have a learning disability or something. How can you study so hard and fail? What happened? Did you make dumb mistakes or???

Also btw if you suck at english there's no fuckin way you're gonna be a lawyer. You have to write essays for the bar exam as well as write concisely for the court briefings and such. Being a lawyer isn't about debate, it's mostly reading laws, previous cases, and writing case briefs and speaking eloquently. This is why most lawyers got their bachelors in english.
>>
>>17860564
If you hate writing and school, don't bother being a lawyer...or a politician. That's pretty much all they do.
>>
>>17860572
Hmm... maybe, but I think my parents would be really depressed if I did and did get a 90k or 100k+ salary. I heard my mom saying to my dad: "What if Anon gets married and tells his wife he's a carpenter?"

My parents believe I'm smart and I can understand why, but my results don't reflect that. They aren't strict, but I'd feel bad for letting them down.

To answer you question, I certainly wouldn't mind learning a trade, whatever pays the bills is my philosophy and if I can start a business and make good money then I'm in. I haven't learned any trades, though I wouldnt mind learning some. If I made a good amount of money my parents would be supportive for sure.
>>
File: 1480387410398.jpg (12KB, 238x250px)
1480387410398.jpg
12KB, 238x250px
>>17860582
I guess I'm studying wrong Anon. I don't know man. Thanks for the warnings about law and politics. I guess I'm fucked. Can I fix myself with these traits or am I doomed to join the lower middle class? I'm getting really scared.

If all I can do is talk out of my ass about things that I care about, should I make a YouTube channel to make retarded videos on politics? I don't feel like I'd be making much at all if I did that though.
>>
>>17860618
Stop being weak. Your video idea is stupid and you know it. Get your head straight and figure out a different way to study. Do lots of example problems and get the teacher to help you, also see if you can find a friend to tutor you or whatnot.

If you still suck at school after that then school isn't for you; go to a trade school. There's no shame in being a working member of society anon. Not everyone can be a doctor or lawyer. Your parents would rather you succeed at carpentery than see you fail at uni and getting kicked out.
>>
>>17860618
What's wrong with a trade? They make decent enough money, more than you probably would be making as a lawyer. Being a lawyer is really competitive and most only make like 30-40k out the door (unless you have good connections and get hired at a nice firm ).

Also don't worry too much about salary man, you don't really have the right to stick your nose up at lower wages if you have no skills and you haven't worked at all.
>>
>>17860646
Okay, can you give me some examples of traits to learn? I just want to understand what I'm getting into. It might be my only hope.
>>
>>17860663
* trades
>>
>>17860663
Welder, plumber, electrician, carpenter, commercial driver (semis, buses, etc), roofer, mechanic, machinist, etc
>>
>>17860663
You could also just Google "highest paying trades" or something....
>>
>>17860679
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll consider trade school, it seems like my best shot.

Is there any way to get better at writing essays about stuff you don't care about and writing in general? It seems like that is holding me back a lot.
>>
>>17860663
Welders can make up to 100k a year. Don't be too quick to shut that idea down. If you aren't good in school, you could be good at this. And if you ever want to decide on a new career path after, you'll have a bunch of money saved up.

It's the route I should have taken, honestly.
>>
>>17860690
Just get something written down on paper, then go back and polish.

Basically the hardest part of writing is starting. Once you have something to work with, editing is easy. I assume you are the type to just write some bullshit last minute and submit your first draft right?
>>
>>17860710
Yeah, pretty much. When I polish my work, it turns out somewhat decent, but not A level since I rarely seem to find what the teacher is looking for unless it's a free assignment. I guess if I start editing more and not doing it at the last second I might be able to do well.
>>
>>17860564
DONT WORRY PUSSY. Most people do a below every job in highschool. Don't let life discourage you. I graduated highschool with a 2.3 gpa and now im in college and got a 3.0. Try your best and hang out with your friends. You won't remember half the shit you learned but the moments you have with your friends last forever.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.