[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

25+ Thread Redux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

File: 2201132983_75f6a04cd0.jpg (55KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
2201132983_75f6a04cd0.jpg
55KB, 500x380px
The thread for the older, distingushed loser.
>>
File: taxi-driver-poster-2.jpg (242KB, 680x1037px) Image search: [Google]
taxi-driver-poster-2.jpg
242KB, 680x1037px
(I know posted this before but I see these fuckers everyday coming home from work)

Watching the cock sucking hipsters and yuppies come and go to their christmas parties, while I come home from my wageslave job where they've cut back hours cos they want double the work done in half the hours.

Yuppie and hipster fuckers live such carefree lives.

What is a sure fire career path for a 27yo dude with a 5 year old 2.2 maths degree? I know I don't have the looks or personality for a city type career.
>>
30 y/o virgin with 100k in the bank living at my parents

shit could be worse
>>
*pomf* What are we gonna do in this thread, Anon?
>>
>>17860571
Can I have some?
>>
>>17860576
Same thing we do every thread, just bitch about everything while being 25 and over.

The poor are stupid and the rich are going to make sure it stays that way.
>>
what's the point in remaking this thread
>>
>>17860723
It's better than the 50 threads from teens who cry about not getting laid.

Besides, this counts as talking to people for me.
>>
Girl I've been on a few dates with texted me saying she is in the mood to cuddle up and watch some TV and asked if she could come over my place. She's never been over before, and she doesn't know about my living condition. I still live at my mother's house at the moment. I work a full time job and make decent money, but I live with mom because I'm paying my way through vocational schooling. I'll only be living here for one more year. I have a decent amount of privacy since I live in the basement. But I still don't feel comfortable bringing anyone over here. I hate being here. Because my mom is babying my little brother who's a total piece of shit. I hate him. I just hate being here desu. So I don't want to bring a girl over.

How do I explain this to her? I haven't texted her back yet..
>>
>>17860820
>How do I explain this to her?
In both politics and love, when you're explaining, you're not winning.
Never explain. Women love mystery, and nothing demystifies like an explanation.

>Sorry, things are a little complicated at my place right now. How about yours?

If she asks for details, playfully tell her it's a secret.
>>
>>17860855

That actually sounds like good advice. Thanks
>>
>>17860855
Not complicated, weird

Naw, let's just go to your place, my place is weird, people never leave people alone
>>
>>17860904

Thanks
>>
>>17860559
Bump
>>
>>17860570
>2.2 maths degree
2.2?
>>
32 m virgin los angeles

kik: zsasza
>>
>>17860559
I turned 26 a few months ago. It's slowly dawning on me how hard it is to save money. Expenses are multiplying and piling up and I've had a number of traffic tickets the past few months which could really fuck up my license unless I pay like 500 bucks. I'm also seeing about 8 different women sexually which is seriously not worth the effort but I don't think I can stop. I'm fairly well-off and live on my own but I think this has enabled me to be a reprehensible human being.
>>
>>17861243
UK classification. Lower 2nd class pass.

3.0gpa equivalent.
>>
I'm 30 years old. Every single person I have known in my life has betrayed me in the worst kind of ways. This is not an exaggeration. Every single one of them I considered my best friend at a time. My best friend and the woman of my dreams. Even more of my friends covered it up, lied to my face. My own family, lied or still lying.

Ex lovers. Colleagues. Peers.

I am the one connecting point in this entire mess. Everything revolves around me and her. Yet I am the one person that knows the least. Or at least am told the least because I know so much more than I should.

I'm the one person she loved the most, the one she couldn't live without and yet...

If I am not invited to the funeral I'm going to kill myself. Straight up. That will be it for me. That will be the straw that breaks my soul.

And when I am at the funeral if any of you give me anything but an empathetic look I will make sure to miss your funeral.
>>
>>17862159
I don't know how to process this information at all. I loved her, saw my future with her. My everything while she simply used me for nothing more than attention.

Like so many before.

Except her's grew into a genuine love. I was her first love, her only true love. She is textbook in her borderline disorder. The moment she felt true, genuine love she ran. She disappeared afraid that the love I felt for her wasn't. She had done many many bad things. She had been used, physically and mentally abused. She is... I guess was now... a mentally ill scared girl...

I wanted to tell her one last time.

She does/did as well.

She wanted me to remember her at her most beautiful. But I will never remember her that way because I never knew her at her most beautiful.

I never got to meet her when she truly loved me, when she finally had the privilege of feeling real love in her heart. That is her at her most beautiful. That is all I could have ever wanted.
>>
>>17862159
>>17862172
I've said this before but I'm almost certain /adv/ is a scratchpad for aspiring writers.

2/10 - overwritten cliched piece of crap
>>
>>17862051
Stop getting tickets and violations. Saves money and a cleaner record. 20-27 I got pulled over plenty of times and usually let off with a warning or simple infraction that could've easily been hundreds for a ticket. Wasted money and time with appeals and court time trying to scam out with a lower fine. Just pay the meter and drive like an ass because you're late
>>
>>17860559
If this is going to be an on-going series, can we start numbering the threads?
>>
>>17862548
*dont drive like an ass
>>
>>17860571
What's your job? How much do you get paid?

>>17860820
Just tell her the truth. If she judges you, then why would you want to be with her?

>>17862051
>I'm fairly well-off and live on my own
So, what's your job and how much do you make then?
>>
34 years old. Single for 3 years and incel. Still living at home, no job/money

Life has been so shit this past few years since I split with my ex. I feel like I am entering a more positive mindset right now which is nice as I've been depressed and unmotivated as fuck these past few months.

I've been spending way too long in the house and on the internet. Got my ass back in the gym last night for first time in ages which felt good. Then today I went into town and did some Xmas shopping. Its amazing what just a bit of effort and small human interaction can do for your mood

2017 I plan on moving out, getting a job and working towards a career change. Girlfriend would be amazing but I can't hold out too much hope for that. I also want to get in shape and start a martial art

If I fall back into depression again I'm not sure if I'll make it next time. Just have to keep grinding away at life to try and make it better and stop caring so much what other people "might" think about me and my failures
>>
>>17862197
yeah, no.

Literally no one will talk to me because of reasons I don't know. They were fine moments before and all of the sudden, blocked me. I have been cleaning up the hacking on my computer since... forever. There's so much damage and I'm so tired.

I don't know if she's ill or what. I just know my computer is super fucked and I can't work.
>>
27 makes me "older"? Yikes.
Paycheck to paycheck, no car, alcohol every single day, walk to work, no dice on health care because garbage wages. But goddamnit I can cook, I run, I work out, I hydrate up, I have silly hobbies to occupy myself.. Any issue is my own fault but honestly, here comes 30 with my grave on its heels. Let's try and have a pleasant time. Cheers
>>
File: strongpepe.jpg (16KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
strongpepe.jpg
16KB, 480x480px
I recently turned 30, unemployed university dropout on neetbux with some assistance from parents. My Generalized Anxiety Disorder may not be my fault, but it is my fault that I spent most of my twenties self-medicating with alcohol instead of going to a doctor about it. Now I'm really trying to fix shit, I take medication, work out regularly, and I'll be starting trade school soon and I can use connections to get my first apprentice job. It isn't too late for me. I am cautiously optimistic about life.
>>
>>17862635
>27 makes me "older"?
It's relative to all the usual thread posters.

Living paycheck to paycheck is not really that great, especially when I spend the majority of my time on my own just watching the telly or just dying in a wageslave job.

Hell, in a month or two we're moving out cos the shithole estate I've lived in for 20+ years is now too expensive to rent in since said fucking hipsters and yuppies have flooded in and started building million pound flats.
>>
>>17862694
I mean, like I didn't know that being poor, bland and having no personality was going to fuck me in the ass this hard.

>tfw always worrying that I would never leave this shithole
>tfw when it improved they're actually forcing me out
>>
File: 1472480751425.png (80KB, 600x563px)
1472480751425.png
80KB, 600x563px
31 years old, no gf. no car, living of disability neetbux. diagnosed with schizo, trying to get back to work someday. taking medication daily, meds made me fat though. already lost 15 kg in the past half year, so I'm getting in shape again and feeling better mentally too, now two years after my last psychosis, and eight years after my first. Maybe just maybe I can get back to university, or back to work at the company I once co founded. Not all hope is lost with this anon, I hope.
>>
About to be 25 here,

>Still have 1 year left of college. Love what I will be doing, loathe the process of getting there.
>Self medicating with cannabis because I'm pretty sure I am depressed. Aware this isn't a good thing and would like to change.
>No motivation to pursue any personal goals
>Bad shit keeps happening around me, little things accumulating and making my self-loathing and negativity against the world stronger.
>Family pressure is strong, all concerned and worried I'm going to end up homeless/vagabond/neet

I know I need help guys, I just don't have the drive to better myself and it fucking sucks. I want to change so badly, but I feel like I have been in limbo since 2010.
>>
>>17862649
I don't think I have an anxiety disorder, but I have been self-loathing pretty much my whole life and feel like I have some sort of ingrained depression. I self-medicate with cannabis but I know that its fucking retarded to do. What did you do to change? Was it really as simple as going to the doctor?
>>
>>17862631
I think I approached you in the worst way possible, by exposing you in an older thread. I have been thinking about you so much and every single time I do feel so sad for you. I wonder if you have anybody to give you a very tight hug and reassuring you that you are a wonderful person, you are in pain and I do feel I understand at some extend since I had some anxiety issues myself. I think I just exploded and decided to just point at you without fully understanding you.
I am sorry some of my comments made you feel even worse, I am realizing that maybe you are right, you do truly believe all these things are real, maybe inside your head because believe me, everything is just fine in the other end. I do wish I could give you a huge hug and invite you for a nice coffee, you need so much love at this moment J. No one is against you, but decided to just not let their lives being saddened by facing you, it is selfish, I know, but please understand that it is difficult to help someone that is not at that point yet. Maybe when you are ready people will come back slowly to you, you are a caring young man, and I do really hope your life spin around and all this that is hurting you just go away. I will go as well, but please, believe that even if I we don't know each other, you changed my mind on mental health and made me more understanding than I was. Hope you have the peace you deserve and also a new start in your life, missing your streams so much and your art work.

Be strong
>>
I keep bumping into old school people (friends is too strong a word for them), in successful careers, finance this, risk analyst that, Ā£30k, Ā£45k, Ā£70k, I mean, fucking hell.

What am I earning? Ā£8.05 an hour not including breaks.
>>
I'm 25 and I'm starting to feel old, even people around my age are starting to look old.
>>
Did anyone's political compass change during his mid-20s?

I ask this because I used to be a conservative out of rebellion, since I was in a liberal environment and a liberal family. First I was the libertarian who'd interrupt class to talk about why abolishing the minimum wage is actually a good idea and how throwing garbage on the street creates jobs, then I did the whole "blood and honor!" thing for a few years.

Now that I'm older, living alone and my concerns are more "mundane" (like, fucking feeding myself) I just want something like the New Deal to come back or to live in a nice Social-Democracy, and as consequence and I'm drifting further and further Left.

I don't want to derail the thread talking politics, I swear. I'm asking because people used to tell me that the pattern is to be more progressive when you're going and get to dream about a new society, and conservative when you have to pay bills and worry about crime. And I wonder if it's something of my generation to reverse the role.
>>
I'm starting to lose it at work. I used to be a model employee but I can barely stand to be there anymore and I'm constantly moody. I need to change careers before I snap but I don't know what to do. I'm not qualified for anything better and I suck at school. Thinking about it makes me depressed.
>>
28 reporting in.

life had took a bit of a dive after breaking up with gf of four years back home. Currently travelling Australia and the last 6 months have been great... in the back of my mind, I know im running from the routine and uncertain future that returning home brings
>>
>>17862861
The weed is killing your motivation , ran into the same situation when I was 24-25 am now 27 the occasional smoker feeling loads better learn to identify when the depression is setting in , its never as crippling when you don't know why you feel so shit .... Keep positive attitude whenever possible positive energy attracts like minded individuals contrary to what science may say
>>

I could get a wageslave job and accept my fate
I could live at home and self-study for a career change (highly difficult with my lack of motivation and positivity)
I could say fuck it and go and work abroad or something
I could renounce my worldly possessions and become a Monk
I could kill myself

These are the options I have. I can't take much more of this mundane, lonely, soul crushing existence. If I carry on rotting as a NEET in my 30s I might as well be dead
>>
>>17864769
>I'm asking because people used to tell me that the pattern is to be more progressive when you're going and get to dream about a new society, and conservative when you have to pay bills and worry about crime.

That is literally only for the sons and daughters of middle-class (conservative) parents. I see quite a few on my to my wageslave work. Dread-locked, pierced and tattooed bell-ends squatting in a zone 1 building with "evict the rich" painted on the door, yet are able to buy the "taste the difference" from sainsburys everyday.

The working class left wing has unfortunately mostly died, all we have left is the middle-class kids making a nuisance of themselves before they fuck off back to their dad's jobs.

The working class themselves are too myopic to see anything beyond them.
>>
Bumping for more political commentary.
>>
>>17864886
>The working class themselves are too myopic to see anything beyond them.
This is truth. The working class only care about themselves. They'll let the world go to hell, cause to them, they're already there. I'm essentially working class right now, despite the type of work I do, but I grew up middle class. While it sucks to be working class, I don't want everyone else to suffer at our expense. I just want our suffering to stop. Too many people like to lord their perceived superiority over the less fortunate. It's going to get worse before it gets better. We might not even love to see the dawn, but if we manage to justify and have kidsā€¦our children probably will.
>>
>>17865331
Hey, don't twist my words you middle class fuck, the working class are myopic and stupid but part of that is due to the elites carving out divisions among the people and give them boogie-men to focus the anger towards.

Hell, the people in my area seemed oblivious to all the rich westen europeans moving into the area, cos they could party with them til they noticed their service charges going up. In their minds it did not occur to them that people with the same.colour could fuck them over.
>>
>>17864769

I turned from apolitical to political. My parents suffered under communism so I avoided politics when I was young. But during my college years, my friend/roommate who was a Leftist, lived parasitically off of me and was abusive at the same time. His idea of contracts, agreements, and debt were completely warped. In his mind, he only needed to pay what he could for the rent/utilities despite whatever what was initially agreed upon. He justified his behavior by subconsciously and/or consciously viewing himself as "oppressed" while everyone else as "privileged". At the same time he subconsciously viewed himself as being a natural leader and therefore always knew best and insisted on doing everything his way despite failing constantly. His behavior fit so much with modern Leftism that I eventually realized why politics are so polarized.
>>
I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do..

1. I'm not looking for sex
2. I don't want a girlfriend
3. I never ever want to marry and have kids.

but, even still. In my mind, I think about girls a lot. it's exhausting sometimes Tbh. Just continuous conflicting thoughts. I'll see a cute girl and think about her, but then I remember it's not something I'm looking for and it is just so conflicting.

What should I do?
>>
>>17866205
What is it with 4chan and pretending that they're not incels?

You can't suppress base instincts without them turning out fucked up.
>>
>>17866309

Well, the few experiences with sex I had were awkward, uncomfortable, and not enjoyable. I regret them... and then, I've never had a girlfriend before. But even tho I'm average looking, I seriously can not imagine a girl wanting to hold hands with me, cuddle, go on dates and shit. I just can't see it happening. so I accept it won't, and don't want a girlfriend.

so all I can really do is continue to supress right?
>>
26, living at home, no romantic experience, no marketable skills, no future, no nothin'. What's the point in anything anymore
>>
>>17866433
You sound depressed. Im the same way. I think all you can do right now is learn to appreciate yourself and who you are. Once you have a strong understanding of who you are, you can get friends. And from friends, a girlfriend.

It seems we have to start from the ground up. I know i do. Its not easy, but just need to be easy on yourself. You cant look too closely or else you see flaws. Its like looking at paintings too closely. You need to back up to apreciate it.

We'll be okay anon. We just need to find our place
>>
>>17860559
Any of you guys go bald in your late 20s? I'm 26 and I'm really worried that I'm gonna be the only man in my family to lose his hair because it's definitely starting to thin, and that my sex life is going to be over. Older bro is in his 30s, and I can't tell if he's thinning to or has the same thick hair my dad does in his 70s. Obviously I will shave that shit if it comes down to it, but... fuck man I don't want to wake up looking middle aged all of a sudden, you know?

Especially since I'm finally single (long shitty abusive relationship from 19-25) and fit for the first time in my life and I'm trying to take control of my sexuality, I really don't want it to be too late for me because of some mutant hair gene.
>>
>>17862649
It's not too late for you, my dude. Getting mental shit sorted out will put you light years ahead on the "getting your shit together" highway. My cousin is 38, perpetual fuckup all his life, and last year finally saw a doctor who diagnosed him with bipolar disorder and he's been on medication and therapy and is rapidly moving forward in a tech career.
>>
>>17862861
>>17864847
Yeah this is huge. I started smoking weed regularly right after college because I lived with a girl who sold it and even though smoking in true moderation (maybe once or twice a month) seemed to help me out, it would almost always descend into smoking daily and I'd just be depressed and anxious between highs and not even realize it. Give it up for a few months and I think you'll find your head is a lot clearer.
>>
>>17864850
Becoming a monk is hard. You can't just walk in and be hired. You kneed to prove your devotion to God, study the holy scriptures and convince your will to lead an ascetic life is genuine.
You also need to pass several psychological tests in the sense than the Church wants to know if the lifestyle is really for you. Too many flukes leaving after several weeks but the selection process was not applied properly.

Just work abroad. Get a job in some African shithole like South Sudan or Zimbabwe and go from here. At least, it will be a meaningful life work listening to.
>>
>>17867576
>Just work abroad. Get a job in some African shithole like South Sudan or Zimbabwe and go from here. At least, it will be a meaningful life work listening to.
Yes, put yourself in a shitty place so toy can tell us good stories.

What a crock of shit!
>>
>>17860559
How many of you guys actually like 4chan?

Like a huge chunk of the anons are just racist, misogynistic assholes. (Curiously they are trans-friendly for some bizarre reason).

There are some gems from 4chan, but it's few and far between to be wasting so much time here.
>>
I feel like at this point in my life, my pursuit of love is literally driving me crazy. I've got a good job, i'm not hideous, my personality is alright (not deal breaker) but I cannot get a gf to save my life.
I dated a girl for approximately a month this year and I at the end she just walked away.

I'm 26 and I've never been in a relationship. Like I say, i've got the career of my dreams, well paid, successful but I just can't get a girlfriend and it's driving me to severe depression. I've become really hostile towards my family and I've noticed my health has taken a dive.

I just don't know what to do anymore, ideally I'd love to find someone and settle down, it feels like the last big piece of the puzzle in my life, but it just never works out.
>>
>>17868971
Can I have what you have? Because I don't have any of those!
>>
>>17867231

That's hard..
>>
>>17860790
>this counts as talking to people for me.

I hear you on that, I am quite a sociable guy but with no job all I have to talk to are people on the internet or my family or girlfriend in RL. It really blows....
>>
>>17869815

Anons here on 4chan are more and more becoming my closer friends, compared to my IRL friends.
>>
>>17862649
that is great man, I just overcame some demons myself and now with working out and looking for a new career I just hope things will turn out OK
>>
>>17869824
I hate to say it but sometimes I gotta agree with you

Its sad when I have more in common with some text written by someone on a mongolian DIY yurt building forum than people in my own area
>>
>>17869824
You can't bond with strangers on the internet more than you can bond with people in real life. You think you can do that but you're going to find that if you ever meet they're going to be totally different in person and you'll feel like the friendship is going to regress back to stage one because you haven't spent much time with them at all IRL.

It'll feel like a more advanced relationship online but it won't be IRL
>>
>>17869877

I went to the bar with friends the other night. and I pulled out my phone and jumped on 4chan. I feel more connected to you all then them
>>
>>17869877
>Its sad when I have more in common with some text written by someone on a mongolian DIY yurt building forum than people in my own area

It's always been like this for me, probably part of the reason of why I am so socially stunted. And now that geekery has become (even more) commercialised and mainstream, it's no longer something you can build a friendship on.
>>
>>17869886
Same goes for people in real life. Once they get accustomed to you, they'll show their true colors (good or bad). It doesn't matter if you've known them for years.
>>
>>17860820

Dunno how old you are, but when I was 25, I dated a girl who was 22, prolly an 8 and had an adult job and her own stuff and didn't give a shit that I lived with my parents. Just be honest. If you have to, throw in some "I had to move BACK in with my mom" BS or say you're staying with her "FOR NOW", I've used those and it works like a charm. Implies you're not a piece of shit who is at least capable of moving out and fell on some hard times. No one can blame you for that.

Or, you can do what I did, and like... actually move out. It took me to 26 but goddammit I did it.
>>
>>17868971

That's basically me, including the month long thing recently... except I have had relationships and it isn't that serious for me yet. But fuck, I do know this shit gets harder the older you get, and even though I'm fairly alpha and have no problem talking to girls, somehow they can't see me beyond "being cute". Oh well, can't force anyone to be attracted to me... I'm getting used to it.

I know what you mean, though. My excuse used to be that I didn't have a good job and lived at home, but now I have a career and my own place and girls still don't want to be with me. Shit sucks, senpai.
>>
>>17868971
If it helps, relationships are a pain in the ass sometimes
>>
I have a lot to thank God for... I have a truck.. finally, 31 yesrs old.. was able to get a truck.. it has given me short bursts of freedom.. which I'm also greatful for.. i deserve nothing i have... my weak soul deserves to burn in hell.. I thank Jesus.. if there's anyone who understands, it's him.

Lord, forgive me for my poor decisions.. in all this abundance I have been made weak..and still I make room for taking my peace of mind for granted... I have life..others have serious problems.. and i make room to complain about not having a gf..

God help us all.
>>
>>17869887
>>17869943

Just FYI I have been here for ages browsing various boards but did have a some-what "normal" social life during most of high school in college

Sure I hung with the nerds for most of HS but indulged with those into drinking and drugs later into senior year and throughout college

Nowadays sure I might have 2000 friends on facebook or get a shit ton of likes for my wittiness but its just so hollow now that I am older.

Oh yeah let's go for a drink and talk about that annoying thing on tv or lets base our friendship solely on smoking pot on our way to taco bell or after the gym each night

fuck that shit, I'd rather be sober at home getting too old for that kinda BS, why can't anyone talk about anything worth discussing anymore?

It is almost if they are afraid...

Apologies for rambling on but I guess I am still a bit lucky to have a girlfriend who may be young (19 and I am 26) but is at least religious and gets along with me

Still like Kerouac who writes about his male companions and friends it does get lonely not having a true in the flesh bro to hang with and reminisce of simpler times

>implying I am that fake writer guy
>im that guy getting over his dope problem who lived in china from last thread thank you very much!
>Almost 2 months shit free ^_^
>>
File: 1481843544386.png (126KB, 630x1046px)
1481843544386.png
126KB, 630x1046px
I'm on a long distance relationship with this guy, and the first year we had lows and ups but have managed. But one thing ice noticed is that he avoids talking about problems or conflicts up until he can no longer stand it and lashes back and says what's going on. He has done this about three times, with the most recent one being the worst, to the point that I felt I really was to blame and felt everything was over. He got over that, asked me to forget what he said and continues as if nothing happened. After that he has avoided just lashing out like that, but he keeps having these episodes of sadness about things he perceives as wrong about him or me, refuses to tal about them or gives small hints about what's going on.
Recently he has been really silent about his life, he barely shares things about his day or activities, he has told me he feels he's not interesting and that he feels he has nothing good going on. I've tried to tell him otherwise but he's the kind of person that thinks others are lying or faking interest in him. This silence over things has been going on for a while, do I had to ask what gives. He doesn't offer any kind of satisfying answer and tried to avoid the subjects, when I asked about other things related I belive he got mad and stopped talking to me, saying that I was being inquisitive with him.

I mean, if something seems to be going on and want to know if everything is OK you inevitably have to ask, yet he feels like I just should just blindly believe in him and asume everything is nice and dandy and that nothing bad is going on with him or me.

What should I do? Am I wrong for trying to know what's going on?
>>
>>17870254
Men are always told that they have to be strong and that admitting that they have a problem is feminine and emasculating
That's what it's like being a man
Keep things bottled up until it affects your relationships

Have you tried telling him you know he's troubled?

Also, long distance relationships are always a mistake

I made that error once
I'll never do it again
>>
>>17870254

You're not wrong for asking. Something is bothering him for sure. It might not have anything to do with you. But something is bothering him.

He sounds like me. I had a LDR with a girl, but for my own personal problems. I distanced myself from the girl. I liked her A LOT. But I didn't feel like I deserved her. Like she could do better. And i fucked shit up.

I'm not saying that's happening with your thing. Just, something is bothering him
>>
I'm 27 years old and I'm an alcoholic
>>
I'm 25 never dated ever. I consider my self lucky to have a job though, feeling pretty lonely though
>haven't even been hugged in 4 years
>>
>>17870293
We recently had a discussion were he also said the same, he said that I deserved better and, even thought he didn't want to lose me, I was just wasting my time.
I don't wanna leave him ever because I can see the good in him, but he lacks massive amounts of confidence and doubts himself a lot. I try to avoid upsetting him, but sometimes it's so hard because a lot of topics put him on edge and he goes away sad about his shortcomings and stops talking to me. He does what you say, he keeps me away and sometimes he subtly blames me about some stuff going on, I try to avoid getting angry at him and sometimes I blame myself to avoid conflict, but this is going a little too far and I wanna tell him without fucking up or ending up breaking up.

>>17870284
Sometimes, long distance relationships are all you have, bro. I know it's hard, but I will makes this work.
>>
>>17870294
[hello, kevin]
>>
>>17870312
>Sometimes, long distance relationships are all you have, bro. I know it's hard, but I will makes this work.
It's not just hard
It's counter productive

I hate that I wasted so many years of my life on a long distance fiction
>>
>>17870312

I don't really know what to say. Just, understand it's NOT you. When I fucked things up with my girlfriend... I tried so hard to explain that it wasn't her fault. That she did nothing wrong. It was 100% my fault. But, even still she got hurt and felt like something she did wrong. Which that made me feel even worse, and all that does it confirm to me that I'm shit, and shouldn't ever be in a relationship. I so badly want to send her a message. I miss her a lot. I really really want to message her. But I feel like I don't deserve her attention. I hurt her feelings, and I feel terrible. I never wanted that to happen. Fuck. I miss her
>>
>>17870254
lol. i hope these ppl are under 30 with these made up teenage angst problems. get a job you two srysly
>>
>>17870347
Sometimes I just feel he's very immature for his age. I'm 29 and he's 27, but sometimes I feel he cares for me and wants the better for me and other sometimes his friends and video games come first and he assumes I'm alright and goes about his things. It's a little hard sometimes to compete for his attention. I like video games too I also wants to spend time with him, but sometimes he just doesn't work the time to be with me.
I feel like I'm the only making an effort for this to work.

>>17870345
Everyone keeps saying that, but I'm determined.

>>17870354
We both have jobs, bro.
>>
>>17870367

Maybe you could give him some space for a week or 2. Like not talk with him at all during that time. He will want you more
>>
>>17860559
I found out a close friend became addicted to heroin. He lost his job and pawned most things he owned. All his other friends are heroin addicts too. Most of my paychecks are spent paying his rent and food to keep him from becoming homeless and hungry. Now I only have enough for fuel to drive my car to work and see this person relapsing every time he tries to quit.
>>
>>17870378
Sometimes I've thought about that, but fears invade me and I feel I should, at least ask how's he's doing.
>>
>>17860559

>27
>shitty liberal arts degree
>shitty income job where i can get fired anytime
>live with mom
>autist
>i can't find an other job, i never get calls back
>no friends
>rheumatic desease
>never had gf
>>
>>17870397

All I can say is, after things ended with my girlfriend.... I want her so fucking bad. I feel so guilty, and so mad at myself. Because it's all my fucking fault because im a piece of shit that doesn't deserve her. I want her so bad, but I don't deserve her. She's too good for me...
>>
>>17864850
same here. I'm 27 and Im ready to either kill myself or abandon everything and start a new life somewhere else.
>>
>>17870390
As someone who had a problem with that shit, your friend won't get any better unless he wants to do it for himself FOR REAL

Not putting on a show for you and his family; real deep within he needs to stop lying to himself

And that is really hard.....
>>
>>17870138
It's posts like these that keep me up at night.

My life may not be great...But even a statement like that does a disservice to everything God has done for me and blessed me with.

I can find myself comparing myself to those around me and feeling like trash without taking into account how much I've grown in the past couple of years. I can see the next guy complain about being a wagecuck and laugh but there are people who would kill to be a wagecuck. People who can't even find work and have been unemployed for months would kill to be in my position...A wagecuck.

Lord have mercy on my soul. I am a wretched sinner that can't even appreciate the small things in the life. How your Son Jesus Christ could call me His brother, how you could call me a Son of God seems blasphemous everytime I think about it.

I am but a worm.
Forgive me. This world has nothing to offer me.
Everything I ask for is to fill the gaping hole in my heart that will only last for who knows how long.
>>
>26,f, living with grandmother
>single 5 years because in love with some shitmonger who didn't want me but I had that "he'll change!(tm)" mentality
>wageslave job making 7.25/hr
>can't afford to go back to school and finish my degree
>self medicate with alcohol and sleeping aids to combat nightmares about abuse as teenager
>can't afford health insurance to go to therapist
>spend spare time outside of work taking care of granny because she can't do anything anymore
>never hear from parents unless mom wants something, spends all her time with man who beat her and tried to rape me

but hey, I just bounced back from a dark few months where I drove to a nearby quarry with the intention of jumping three times a week.
Maybe this year will be better.
>>
>>17870559
I haven't any advice for you or anything, I just wanted to say you're a good person for looking after your grandmother, and I'm sorry for your troubles. I'm rooting for you.
>>
I don't really get the point of these threads, but wizard reporting in.
>>
>>17870785
Venting.
>>
I'm in my 30s now and have always been so introverted that I zone out in conversations with extroverts within minutes. I spend the whole time feeling angry and wishing they would shut the fuck up. I would close my eyes and sleep mid-conversation if I wasn't so polite and a people pleaser.

I have started to question whether I am somewhere on the aspie scale. Only thing is, I am very good at reading social cues and weigh people up very quickly. I know how to dress well, behave in social situations etc. Its just interacting with others that drains the fuck out of me and makes me feel like such a fucking loser at times. My head is just empty, even around my own family members. Talking to women is near enough impossible. Alcohol helps slightly but I hate drinking these days and even a small amount wrecks my stomach

Why the fuck couldn't I have been born an extrovert like most people? They never shut the fuck up for a second and often succeed in life despite being far less intelligent or self-aware than I am.

I hate myself basically
>>
File: 1482075997402.jpg (113KB, 985x794px) Image search: [Google]
1482075997402.jpg
113KB, 985x794px
I'm 27, have a great and high paying job. Studying art and I lift a lot. Good group of friends, but I rarely see them.

I'm cripplingly lonely and don't really know how to solve this. I don't even have any family now.

I don't know what I am posting this for.
>>
Been the rebound a few times since I'm safeā„¢. Going to graduate when I'm 26 or so since I started college late. Getting kind of tired of how my family wants me to fix things with my brother, but refuses to acknowledge the shit he did that made me lose interest in his life.

Lately I've been debating the merits of moving across the state once I graduate.

>>17864769
>Did anyone's political compass change during his mid-20s?
I've basically slowly been transitioning from centrist libertarian to free helicopter rides. These past few years have put me particularly on edge.
>>
Over 30, balding, chink, ugly as fuck, trapped to an even uglier chink who is a failure at life.

Halp! I thought I was going to be able to upgrade. Wat do?
>>
I dropped out of a uni course because the one subject I have trouble passing is taught by someone who hates me. What else can I do with my life?
>>
File: 43549.jpg (25KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
43549.jpg
25KB, 500x282px
Christmas is coming up and I'm broke, lonely and bordering on depressed. I'm not melodramatic enough to prescribe myself as being depressed, but I'm fairly sure I'm on my way. My own mother broke down in tears last week asking what was wrong with me. I laughed and said she was overreacting and I'm fine. On top of that my aunt messaged her asking if I was ok because I look pale and sick. It seems I can't even hide my shame externally anymore. It must be fucking obvious to those who see me. How embarrassing.

I stopped shaving a while ago for no real reason. All I can remember thinking is I'll shave when things are 'better'...when I have a 'reason'. Before that I had always been clean shaven, never so much as had stubble as I found it irritating. That was a few years ago now. I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this - when I look in the mirror it acts as a reminder of what I've been through over the last few years. I'm reminded of Breaking Bad when Walt starts punching the shit out of a paper towel dispenser after catching his own reflection. I never quite understood that scene but now it resonates. I stare back into my lifeless eyes and the person I've become and I want to smash it all into a million pieces.

One day I'll look into the mirror, see myself freshly shaven, and thank God that I had the will go push through this shit.

One day.
>>
>>17871471
How the hell do you get hated by a lecturer? There's 100s of people in lecture room.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.