[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been dating for years. Have had first dates cancel on me many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: featured-large-991-620x320.jpg (24KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
featured-large-991-620x320.jpg
24KB, 620x320px
Been dating for years.

Have had first dates cancel on me many times at the last minute asking to reschedule or for a raincheck. My typical response is a simple "Sure. Another time." That has ALWAYS been the last I've heard from them.

Am I justified in just ignoring them at this point when they pull this shit? Reschedule/raincheck request seems to pretty clearly just be universal code for "I just wanna waste/disrespect your time."
>>
Sounds like you know exactly what's going on OP if someone wants to actually reschedule they will "raincheck" with an actual time and date otherwise it's BS and they just don't want to see you
>>
>>17860180
>Am I justified in just ignoring them at this point when they pull this shit?

Yes. If they are truly interested in your they will make the time to see you.
>>
Are you texting/calling them before the date?

The best way to set a date is this:

>Meet qt
>confirm interest through casual conversation and flirting
>"We should get together sometime, what's your schedule like?"
>"definitely! I'm free Wednesday night."
>"Wednesday night sounds great, meet me at this pizza place at 8?"
>"Yessss I love pizza! Sounds great :)"
>"Cool, I'll see you there. What's your number in case something comes up?"

Then you get the number, and you meet her at the place at 8 on Wednesday. Do not text her, do not call her, just meet her there at 8. Don't confirm the date, just be there.

Your chances of getting stood up are minimal if there's no contact between the arrangement and the day of the date. If she contacts you to confirm the date just say "Of course, 8 oclock."

If she texts you random shit before the date, just ignore it until the next morning and respond with "Hey! sorry, left my charger at work yesterday. Looking forward to tomorrow night"

Let girls get excited for dates. Also, the more you text the less you have to talk about in person. Good luck m8.
>>
>>17860229

Also the general rule is if a girl cancels a date and doesn't offer a time to reschedule, she's not interested. It's okay to ask her out ONE more time in a week, and if you get rejected again just play it cool and don't ask her out again. Rejected twice, walk away.
>>
>>17860230
She's just sent a "Hey. I need to work late. Can we reschedule?" text.

I'm just gonna ignore it. I just don't care to devote a lot of energy to figuring out someone's intentions. Make a solid first impression and show up for the date you agreed to. End of story for me from now on.
>>
>>17860258
Is this the first reschedule text or second?

If it's the first time, she may be being honest. Just say "What night are you free?" and set a definite date and do what I told you.

If it's the second time she canceled, just say "No worries, I'm pretty busy the next few weeks. Maybe another time." and stop texting her. If she's interested in you, she'll have to be the one who brings up getting together. You already tried twice, so fuck that.

But again, if it's the first time she said that, I'd reschedule.
>>
>>17860267
It's the first, but honestly, I'm past giving people the benefit of the doubt at this point and being polite about it. Just puts them in the position of being able walk away scot-free.
>>
>>17860274

Eh suit yourself, man. The general rule is that it's okay to ask her twice, and if she offers to reschedule chances are she's genuinely busy and still interested.

If she wasn't interested she wouldn't offer to reschedule.

Don't be so negative, it's unattractive. If she bails twice, stop pursuing and don't ask her out again.
>>
>>17860294
Not trying to disregard your advice, dude. I get it. Just saying that you're suggesting I do exactly what I'm describing I've already done the OP. Granting the reschedule request has historically been the problem.
>>
>>17860301

Because they shot the ball in your court, asking to reschedule, and you put it back in their court, which is wrong.

If a woman says "reschedule?" You immediately set a new date. If she won't agree to a definite date and time, THEN you say "no worries, maybe another time" and walk away.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.