[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regular BA degree, or BA(Hons) degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1450921488411.gif (32KB, 274x293px) Image search: [Google]
1450921488411.gif
32KB, 274x293px
Hey /adv/isors,

I have an issue regarding my current uni course and personal life mixed into one big issue.

I have been with my girlfriend for 5 years and we were looking to move into a place together, as we both finish uni this year.

However, if I graduate this year, I will only get an ordinary bachelors degree, rather than a bachelors with honours.

The issue is, I am not enjoying myself at my university anymore. It feels like I am just wasting time here at this uni, so I just kind of want to move out with the gf and get a job, as I'd hold a degree.

I am being advised by others, to stay and 'at least do the honours degree'.

Personally, if I was to do an honours degree, I'd probably look to do postgrad at a different university (probably up at Aberdeen) and just stick it out until I get some pretentious sounding degree, and explore career options from there.

I really don't know what to do.

TLDR;
>is there much difference between bachelors and bachelors /w honours in the world of employment and job hunting
>Should I be factoring my relationship of 5 years into this decision
>Can someone kill me pls

OPs notes:
>I am sorry that this entire post was awfully constructed
>Pic is probably definitely related
>>
Degree in what? What kind of job are you hoping to get if you go out with a bachelor's? I graduated with a bachelors in geology and I eventually got a job in consulting. It's about how well you apply yourself and the job market.
>>
>>17860440
Criminal Justice/Law.

Was wanting to go into the police. (We will need a degree from April '17 to join anyway at this point).

I just don't know if I'm setting the bar a bit low for myself, because of a bad experience at this uni, or if it is because I'm quite set about what it is I'm wanting to do.
>>
>>17860009
>>is there much difference between bachelors and bachelors /w honours

You tell us. What is the difference in requirements.

>>17860680
>Was wanting to go into the police

Have you spoken to any police officers? Seek some out.
>>
>>17861963

The difference being an extra year of studying and writing a dissertation. All I can really see the honours degree opens up the possibility of postgraduate study, but others have said that its "worth getting because you can do more with it" but have never stopped and explained how, even when I've asked.

Yeah, I've spoken to police officers. The general responses were either:

>The job isn't how it used to be find something else
or
>People complain about the job not being what it was, but its a good career and people tend to want to stick with it
>>
Padding your resume vs not padding your resume. People always prefee more. Especially if it's relevant.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.