[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Bipolars here? How functional are you and how do you cope?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: bipolar.jpg (105KB, 654x654px) Image search: [Google]
bipolar.jpg
105KB, 654x654px
Any Bipolars here? How functional are you and how do you cope?
>>
>>17859664
not very, not well
>>
>>17859795
why's that
>>
Oh hey, this might be promising.

So my gf is bipolar. She's been getting flipping out more and more with me lately. She insists on never taking meds, and often says she's suicidal but won't tell her therapist. What can I do to be a better bf to a girl with bipolar?
>>
>>17860166
First of , respect about the attitude! We are not the easiest people lol.

Well bipolar is as physiological as diabities is. Your brain has fucked chemicals and it needs help to function properly. The problem is, humans dont fully understand which exact chemicals are fucked and/or how to trigger the exact chemical production and amount that need to do the job. So getting by without medication is pretty hard. And getting proper medication is also pretty hard. Usually is a lot of trail and error.

I dont think that you will be able to convince her to take meds, but try to recognise when she has episodes and just be as understanding as possible. Always aknowledge her pain and dont try to get her to "snap out of it". Try to observe when she is becoming hypomanic and let her know, so that she can be on the lookout herself.\

You can also try to learn a bit more about the illnes. You might read a book , like "an unquiet mind" or watch some youtube videos.

Steven fry has a documentery on it, check it out in youtube if you wish.

Also /r/bipolar in reddit its pretty decent place. You can visit it yourself to get some ideas or ask people questions or you can give it to your girlfriend if she needs a support group

Sorry If i was not enough helpful but I have experiance only with being the bipolar one in the relationship lol.
>>
I have it.
>>
>>17860210
Thanks for the response and the resources! It just seems like she gets angry over the most innocuous things, so I'm sure all of this will come in handy.
>>
>>17860788
You are welcome dude.

There are times when you have to be patient if you are dedicated to the relationship. I try to understand how hard it is though. I always have respect for the normal people dealing with my shit sometimes lol

But also she has to make sure that she is doing her best to be well.

It is an effort on both sides
>>
>>17860828

> It is an effort on both sides

Ain't that the truth. I try to be as calm and understanding as possible, i never get angry or anything. But when she gets mad over something as innocuous as me walking ahead of her because she stopped suddenly and I didn't stop with her fast enough; or she gets so angry she starts bringing up my deceased family members and rubbing it in my face that they're dead, I wonder how to be patient with that, and what more I can do to prevent episodes like it.
>>
>>17860970
Woah... That about your deceased family members its terrible. Im sorry that you go trough this. Im sure she is worthwhile in other ways since you decide to stick around .

There is a fine line where the disorder ends and just being a plain asshole begins. One cannot blame everything this.

Im not saying she is an asshole,we are all assholes up to a point. All im saying is be careful with recognising what is due to the disorder. This can be very tricky
>>
>>17859664
Coping is impossible, that's the point
>>
>>17861056
That's probably the cruelest she's been. She's confident, passionate, and opinionated. She has some great qualities. I just hate that some days her mood swings make her into something horrific. So I'm glad to be getting some more information on these things.
>>
>>17861134
You want to hear something fun?
She is never going to change
And if she does it will only be for the worse
Thats what being bipolar is all about
And you will get really sick and tired of seeing her do the same thing you hate over and over
And if she tried to commit suicide you are lucky because if she hasn't yet 1 in 4 chances she will kill herself
>>
>>17861159
Well that's pretty horrible. But you are right about hating seeing her do the same things. Really, I just get exasperated by self-destructive behavior. That's what brought me here. I just want to do my part to be an understanding significant other.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.