[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so usually when Christmas comes around, everybody in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1280x720px
Alright, so usually when Christmas comes around, everybody in my family gets gifts for each other, close relatives included.

For the past 5 or so years, however, we've been trying to break this cycle because it cost everybody too much money and it's a hassle to try and get everybody gifts that aren't crappy.

Basically, we've decided that nobody should exchange giftss. We decided to only get the very young children gifts. Everybody in our family is in agreement. Everybody except for my fucking aunt.

Every year that we've tried to put this agreement into effect has ended with my aunt deciding last minute that she wants to get everybody gifts.

She'll be all for the agreement until a week before christmas, and then she'll go out and start buying gifts, whilst asking everybody exactly what they want. This triggers a domino effect, where my mother then decides that she has to get everybody gifts just in case, and so she doesn't look bad. Then my other aunt does the same thing, and so on and so forth. Pretty soon we're all buying gifts for each other again to everbody's displeasure.

This year, we decided to do secret santa, hoping that it'll make my aunt happy by allowing her to still partake in gift giving without needing to buy everybody gifts. But lo and behold, my aunt today decided to announce that she's buying everybody gifts by nonchalantly asking everybody what they want for christmas.

Now, my mothers decided that she to needs to buy gifts. It's happened again and its really pissed me off this time because my mothers started thinking about all the money that she has to spend, and how all the gifts will be shitty because she hasn't got time to properly think about the gifts shes buying.

I've tried convining her to just stick with the secret santa, and to just let my aunt do what she wants, but she will not listen. Now i know for sure that everybody is going to jump on board again.

I'm going to be a dick and only buy a gift for the person i was assigned.
>>
>>17859223
My question is, how do i go about convincing everybody to stick with sercet santa so that we can finally break this stupid tradition?

>pic related: it's me.
>>
>>17859225
woah brah I knew it
I fucking knew it, you are still with us.
I'm so happy I'm crying right now.
>>
File: jizzbrah.png (571KB, 524x946px) Image search: [Google]
jizzbrah.png
571KB, 524x946px
>>17859225
>how do i go about convincing everybody to stick with sercet santa so that we can finally break this stupid tradition?

grown ups acting like children.jpg
your bloodline is weak and will not survive the winter
>>
My mother has 3 brothers and 5 sisters. So we have a pretty large Christmas on her side.
I'll share with you what we do for Christmas and that'll be my advice.

Kids that believe in Santa and Christmas magic still, they get a boatload of gifts from everybody.

Kids that are under 18 and don't believe in Santa, they get fuck all, the meal I suppose.

Then every adult participates in the Wine Swap. We all bring one bottle of wine $15 or less all wrapped up and concealed.
Then after dinner, and after the kids have opened their toys. We all draw numbers from a hat to choose the order of the swap.
The first person picks a bottle randomly and shows everybody.
The second person can pick randomly or steal from the first person. Then the robbed person gets to steal or pick randomly.

The rules are that you can't steal a bottle you've already held (and its poor form to get your husband to steal it back for you)
And once a bottle has been stolen 3 times it is "locked out" (this game used to go on for hours before this rule)

Its a great alternative for our large family on Christmas, cause it's not like we're rich people.
Everybody gets something.
Everybody gets to give something.
We all have fun.
We don't spend too much.
And we all get wine!

I recommend it
>>
>>17859234
It is a shitty tradition, bruh. Senpaitachi wants to act like as soon as you turn 13, you're supposed to return all of the previous years amount of gifts to everyone gradually. If this were an investment, you shouldve told me. Would've stayed out of that business agreement for sure.
>>
>>17859244
>Senpaitachi
This sounds like it'd be a sweet thing to do. Just gotta convince the family to take part in it now, which i know won't be easy.
>>
File: 3833-Santa-Bonds.gif (1MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
3833-Santa-Bonds.gif
1MB, 245x246px
>>17859223
Buy a bunch of printable card stock and print everyone a customized Christmas card. Get them nothing else except maybe a $5 gift card to a store they'd never shop at. If anyone shows hints of complaint, start guilt tripping about how strapped for money you were this year, and how short of notice you had because you thought everyone was still doing Secret Santa until your aunt started buying a shit ton of presents for everybody.

Sometimes to break the cycle you have to get a little drastic.
>>
>>17859264
This could work. Solid advice. Thanks mate.
>>
File: 1385261902491.png (67KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
1385261902491.png
67KB, 219x219px
>>17859254
>it's shitty
>keep doing it
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.