[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to help people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6260.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6260.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
How do you deal with all of the suffering in the world? Lately, it's been hitting me really hard that people are trapped in horrible life situations and they can't get out.

I saw a clip of an Asian woman sleeping with her white "husband" looking like she hated it. She looked like she was going to start crying. She was trying to get him off but he liked that it was upsetting her.

And it trickles down to human trafficking where humans are tortured to death. Somebody is probably chained up right now as we speak.

It actually makes me kind of nauseas to think about their suffering, and how they are feeling right now. I want to rescue them and just get them to safety.

I've never felt like this once in my life. I am almost finished with a business degree, but lately I've been wondering if I should dedicate my life to helping people out of these situations.

I don't mean help people in some worthless SJW liberal virtue signaling bullshit way, but actually be apart of a program or operation that saves these people. Gets them out, gets them housing, gets them work....
>>
>>17858979
The only thing you can really control is yourself. Stop trying to fix everyone else and deal with your own shit.
>>
>>17858985
Dude i don't think that's true. I think that people can accomplish a lot when they put their effort into it.
>>
Volunteer. Theres plenty of people near you that suffer. Do as much as you possibly can and find some comfort knowing you're helping eradicate the pain within your capacity
>>
>>17858992
This is interesting. Going in much the same thoughts lately.

To add on: I had this bad trip recently where I was put in an emotional space of the purest form of fear and despair. And it shocked me to the core. Hammered in the message of what emotional turmoil actually means. Like "Holy crap, this is an emotional depth possible to experience."

Anyway, with everything going on in between pizzagate and all general misery in society it's hard not to be taken aback. As far as i'm concerned Most concrete way to make an impact on a large scale is going into law. To work on anti-corruption matters and what not. You quickly realise that the justice system is a basic requirement for making any justice at all happen. And often the fishes you're out to cash are so big and evil that even with that system behind you, you crumble.

Take a look at Trey Gowdy. There's someone to model yourself after.
>>
>>17858979
A serious answer:

You have two choices.
1. Go into politics and change the world, knowing that whatever major improvements you legislate, there will be individual tragic cases that slip through the cracks and loopholes.

2. Go into social or charity work, helping people one-to-one, knowing that no matter how many you help this way, there will be many more you don't reach.

Either of those is a valid choice. Either WILL help save people's lives. Either will be imperfect and incomplete. But that is no reason not to choose one or the other.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.