[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My almost 3 year old daughter is constantly coloring in books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

How do I teach her not to color in books?

I know taking away pens/crayons/books etc is one solution but I want her to be able to be able to have her crayons, color on paper and read her books. She can't read yet but she enjoys her books and is good to them except for the coloring in them.

Parents, how did you deal with your child [spoiler]ren[/spoiler] coloring in books/on the walls/etc?

pic mostly unrelated but semirelated
>>
File: encouragement.jpg (1MB, 980x7400px) Image search: [Google]
encouragement.jpg
1MB, 980x7400px
>>
>>17858960
>buy her books
They are hers now.
Let your fucking kid be a fucking kid.
She's fucking 3.
"NOOOOO DONT EXPRESS YOURSELF on THATTTTTTT!"
You drive fear and degeneracy farther into your little human offspring every time you shame it for doing natural things that harm no one. It's not a pet to train to rollover and only piss on the grass. Be smarter.
>>
>>17858960
W8. Wow. I skimmed over the fact that she can't even read yet. There is literally nothing else for her to do with these books. You bought your child a gift and she is enjoying them the only way she knows how, and you probably punish her for it. How dense are you?
Consider giving her up for adoption
>>
>>17859029
>Consider giving her up for adoption
right many single men here would love to have her.
>>
Give her coloring books and picture books
Explain the difference to her, use both of them together a few times, then let her use them alone
>>
>>17859043
'single'...?
But...
Anon, I...
I thought you and I...
We.......
Together, Anon.......
Just the two of us. We could make it if we tried

Btw would totally raise this kid to be happy & strong, but OP has already poisoned her with shit logistics and likely shit genes, leave plebs to plebs. At least adopted parents might be smarter.
>>
Seems like your daughter likes to draw. Get her some paper you dingus
>>
natural consequences. give her only a few books. (get ceap used ones). if she colors them in, they don't look as nice anymore. her loss. if she wants to get them read to her, say "i can't read the story because it is colored over". let her the crayons and also give her a coloring book. have a few books to look at WITH her. but they only get taken out when you sit down with her and read a bedtime story. then they get put away again. if she snatches one and colors in, that one can't be read to her anymore either.
she might end up having no books anymore to get read to. that is her loss and her lection to learn. refrain from buying new ones or repairing the old ones. this might take a lot of time and patience but it will be worth it because it will be something she experienced herself rather than something she just knows in theory.
3 year olds need lots of experiences till they can derive something from it so keep at it and don't despair.
make sure she knows she is missing out on something desireable (cuddly bedtimestories with mom/dad) by not following the clear set rules (no coloring inside books). also make VERY sure that she knows what behaviour is expected from her. clearly say what you don't want (those are books to look at. you are NOT allowed to color in them), then, what you want (i want you to take care of them so we can read them. i expect you to only color inside the coloringbook). make it a big deal and go to the store to pick out a coloringbook with her.
>>
>>17859043
>takes 1 to know 1, friendo
>>
>>17858960
>How do I shame my child into not developing his/her creative thinking
Next up "how to make my child color within the lines like all the other normal kids?"

Jesus Christ OP, you sound so boring. Go to a fucking yardsale and buy the damn kid old-books-everything so he/she can draw on it, they're not sacred. I mean, really? You make better, more social individuals by teaching them how to properly subvert than to conform.
>>
>>17858960

She's fucking 2 years old, guy. She's going to destroy stuff. Get used to it. Expect it.

My 3 year old nephew was sitting quietly, watching a movie, and so his mom thought he'd be fine on his own for 15 minutes while she did paperwork in another room. My nephew turned on the bathroom faucet and stopped up the sink. So much water overflowed onto the floor that it soaked completely through the floor, through the ceiling of the basement, and onto the basement floor, which is hardwood. 15 minutes, $10,000 worth of damage.

So in light of that, I'm having a hard time caring about some books, Anon. Let her color.
>>
>>17859004
This is your brain on Art School.
>>
>>17859071
Seriously this. I have a 2 and 5 year old have if I genuinely don't want something broken then I have to hide
>>
Books ARE sacred, and it's not too early to teach her to treat them with respect. Not sure why everyone is saying to let her keep doing it. They're probably children themselves.
>>
>>17858960
the word is "discipline"

look it up in the dictionary
>>
>>17859330
Dude, I read around 40 books a year, the amount of scribbling and doodling I do in some of those could amount to a one year sentence in jail for vandalism by your standard. Books are nice, especially handcrafted éditions, but to say that troubling their pages is an act of anti-intellectualism is ridiculous. Buy more paper y'know. And if you're into writing on books, then buy old ones for 50 cent a piece, use them for collages, honor them, you can give them a read too but heck, are you really going to bow down and pray to and old piece of wood?
>>
>>17859610
this is more about values and taking care of your belongings. you don't want to teach your child that it is ok to rip apart books because "lol they make ew ones every day". it takes resources to make books. they cost money that someone has to earn. you don't just destroy them because "lmao yolo".
>>
>>17858960

She's almost three, anon

Read her books with her instead of acting autistic, she won't give a shit unless you incite her to do what you are doing
>>
>>17859004
>>17859029

I really like these replies.
Op you suck
>>
>>17859518
This.

She does it. You punish her. She then correlates one action with another. It may take a few times depending on you, your child, and the punishment but it will work. Yes children can make the connection. I've had 4 nephews. I have friends with kids.
>>
File: animal-pics-085-005.jpg (48KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
animal-pics-085-005.jpg
48KB, 612x612px
>>17858960

Maybe she just prefers to draw on a page that already has content? Maybe just give her colouring in books for a while, or those sticker books and let her draw all over that. Then when you want her to a real book, do it at bed time and read to her so she can see the words but doesn't get to grab the book and draw on it?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.