[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do hot women go for sub par men?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (7KB, 289x174px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 289x174px
looking for advice from femanons or guys with insight on this.

I get why girls go for guys who are really fit / good looking.
But with the last several women I have been into and gone on dates with, they ended up going for guys who are far less attractive than I. Granted in the looks department I am a solid "A" for average. I dress well and have a full head of hair but have been upstaged by buck toothed chrome domes who wear ball caps and wear hockey t-shirts.

what gives?
>>
Because looks aren't everything? And it's highly likely that you think you're more attractive than you are, most people do.
>>
>>17858465

pretty much this. you have to remember that hte most important thing in romance is, well, romance. its chemistry, its people who bring out special feelings in you.

being hot is a great way to start that but there a re a million hot guys who say something and after that you cant even think of them as sexual.

i had the biggest crush on a guy until i heard him yell ' i need to take a dump' once. after that looking at him made me uncomfortable i wanted to gag.

in other instances its less severe. i was seeing a guy who was great, totally my type, super hot, curly haired geek. even in personality he was what my type should be.

however a much uglier much cringier guy came along and i left 'my type' for the cringier guy. and i dont regret it.

dude walked around like a retarded velociraptor in shorts but i loved him to death.
>>
because a guy who looks like a model is no guarantee for a good relationship. it helps zero % if the guy who throws plates at the wall if you have an argument has abs of steel. it doesn't make sexual incompatability more bearable if he has jaws like a greek god. it isn't soothing that he has thick black locks if he keeps walking out on you if you need a serious discusion.
looks are only the thin varnish on the outside. to be frank, you probably have a shit personality that others can easily surpass, even with sub-par looks.
>>
>>17858458

physical appearance just isnt as important to women.

do you hear men going around saying, "I just don't see why you'd date her! I mean, she barely makes six figures!" when a guy is walking around with an 8? how much she makes just isnt the most important thing.

women want a man who can provide or who will dominate others.
>>
>>17858502
This anon gets it ...
>>
Honestly my bf is cute but you can find cute guys all over, i really started to like him when I mentioned I was on tinder and he went into a rant on why tinder is destroying society. i dunno, i really liked his negativity. i also like how he tends to dial back his tirades when i ask him to just for me. he's just so cue when he gets all riled
>>
vain girls care about status. vain guys care about looks. not that those things don't matter to people who aren't vain, but those attributes can easily be surpassed by a healthy personailty if you date people who have the slightest bit of awarenes. looks and money won't help with everyday problems. ok, money might help to SOME degree. but it won't help you if your sexlife goes stale. and that's what kills relationships, not a big nose or not being able to afford a luxrious suit (unless you or your spouse belong into the strictly vain category).
>>
also, my fiance is very good looking by every standart (he's tall, very muscular, manly face, beautiful eyes, godly hair, all that shabang). that's nice. admitedly. it's awesome to feel up his huge arms or kiss his very sensual pout. but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with the facts that he is an immense people pleaser and very avoidant about ANY conflict whatsoever. or that he has cripling anxiety. or is a huge momma's boy. or that he has no clue what to do in bed. or that he is very insecure, which results in a lot of jealousy and suffocating behaviour.
i love that fucker. but i don't love him for his godly ass. i love him because he is so admirably selfless. he's gentle and loving. he is passionated about stuff and has his shit together for the most part. i could go on, but that would be bejond the point. he is not the sum of his bodyparts,. he is a LOT more. and you can look amazingly beautiful but still be a pain in the ass and vice versa. you got to try to work on all aspects. not just your glutes.
>>
>>17858502
>women want a man who can provide or who will dominate others
Even this isn't entirely true. I'm a skinny beta autist pursuing a degree that more than likely won't net me any real money and I'm generally not a very aggressive or demanding person, but I've successfully gone after a couple girls and even had a couple girls go after me. Usually they would tell me what really attracted them to me was my attitude and demeanor, how I just lived my life without worrying what others would think while still being a nice, fun person and could make them laugh. Obviously it helps to be extremely attractive or have a dominating personality but a lot of girls will look past that if you can just make them feel good and wanted.
>>
With physical attraction - every woman is different and has their type

The thing is men who dress well and work out tend to have more confidence (attractive quality) and show self-respect (attractive quality).

What I'm getting at is that it's not the actual physical part that is a big deal, it's the attractive qualities associated that women find attractive.

If you're solely working out and dressing well for others and not for yourself it doesn't actually mean anything.
>>
>>17858557

>how I just lived my life without worrying what others would think

that's the most important part of it, the confidence. women want a man who doesnt need others approval. they want to be approved of, like you said.
>>
>>17858561
funny, I do dress for others, I am a nudest at heart, and only ever really comfortable at Wreck Beach, I'm sure I would feel equally comfortable at any nudest retreat

>>17858502
income is not an issue, currently upgrading my degree and should me making more once I graduate.
Last girl who is one of my classes, went for Joe the fucking Plumber, why a professional would settle for a tradesman is beyond me.
>>17858479
>looks are only the thin varnish on the outside. to be frank, you probably have a shit personality
maybe, I hear the same shit again and again in breakups "stoic" thought that was rather a nice compliment but fem friends tell me it's not. I also get called a snob which I don't understand at all.

>>17858476
>remember that hte most important thing in romance is
sure I get that, I do the fine cheese & wine picnics, read poetry and so on.
>>
>>17858598
>why a professional would settle for a tradesman is beyond me.

Maybe it's cause you are a judgemental prick
>>
>>17858598
true stoicism is a good thing. but a lot of people call it stoic if a person is just hard and bitter.
being called a snob, i do think that you are quiet disapointet in life and feel "above it all". does that ring a bell?
>>
>>17858608
this. time to realize that there are no inherently more or less worthy jobs. believe me, you would realize the worth of a plumber or a garbage-man extremely fast if they would vanish. every fucking job is important. now i know why people call you a snob.
>>
>>17858458
I'm... A for average as well.

I'm mentally handicapped.

I'm dirt poor.

I'm chunky.

Women fucking go crazy for me. I know some will read this message nodding their head in anger "It's true.... fucking prick."
(always super loyal erry time though. Honesty means so much to me. I...feel like a piece of huge garbage for telling basic white lies I would kill myself if I did that to something though)
A few more will go "God, whatever emo fag."

Learn a skill.
>>
>>17858608
sure

if personality is my problem, can that really be changed?
should I not be a judgemental prick, or find someone who is just as "judgemental".
>>
>>17858618
>can that really be changed?
For there to be change you must first recognize that there is a problem.

People make conscious decisions to become better people all the time - and yes, I am sure a big reason for your woman troubles is your shit personality.
>>
>>17858598
>income is not an issue, currently upgrading my degree and should me making more once I graduate.
>Last girl who is one of my classes, went for Joe the fucking Plumber, why a professional would settle for a tradesman is beyond me.

you didnt understand what i said. male attractiveness is as important to women as her salary is to him. would you refuse to date a woman who wouldn't be able to provide for you? is that even how you think about dating women?
>>
>>17858618
personality is about your attitude towards the world and that can easily be changed by being open to different worldviews.
>>
>>17858611
i do think that you are quiet disapointet in life and feel "above it all". does that ring a bell?

I wouldn't say disappointed with life but I always feel I can do better, no mater work performance reviews, or Uni grades.Success is very important to me and I am never satisfied with what I have, but I am not a workaholic.

>>17858630
oh sorry, no I misread your post. No a woman providing for me is not even a consideration. But I highly respect someone who has their own career and have worked actively to promote an ex partner. She decided she was a lesbian, which is fine, I cant compete with that.

>>17858637
I am very liberal and multicultural, I vote NDP or Green, and am a member of the Métis nation.
>>
>>17858695
>t I am not a workaholic.
no, just a perfectionist. probably because you ate afraid to deliver anything that's not perfect. usually because in your mind it would unshakably confirm your worthlessnes.

that list of your political views is no sign of being able to adopt different worldviews.

what i mean by this is that how you act is based in logic that makes sense to you. if a girl rejects you, you might think she did so because you once cried infront of her, so you secretly accuse her of "wanting a stoic men with no emotions" and migt get bitter and angry. if your first tought might be more like "she is to immature to have a relationship with a real human instead of a well kept facade", your reaction might have been quiet different. maybe frustrated or unlucky to have encountered such a vain person, but not personally attacked. how you think about the world, influences your reactions to it. have a little less expectations but keep up the hope for good stuff.dissapointed expectations are devastating. hopes are just hopes. they might or might not be met.
>>
>>17858458
You're looking at this the wrong way imo. You should be glad that guys you think are "below" you can get women because it means there is someone out there that'll love you to death, probably someone of similar attractiveness and status which is a good thing
>>
>>17858695
>oh sorry, no I misread your post. No a woman providing for me is not even a consideration.

and thats what women think about men's appearance.
>>
you arent as good looking as you think you are

>all the retards and whore bubbling about how women dont want looks

yes they do you stupid hypocrites, you just want to feel better about yourselfs
>>
>I'm the perfect bf, the best in the world in everything and the most attractive and the nicest
>waaaaaaah why so these dumb cunts go for men who are inferior to me

OP in a nutshell. Just another guy who vastly overestimates his attractiveness.
>>
>>17858695
>I am very liberal and multicultural, I vote NDP or Green, and am a member of the Métis nation.
Arriving at the most usual conclusion one gets when being open to different worldviews doesn't make you open-minded as well. There might be correlation, but the casual link goes the other way
>>
>>17858598

>I also get called a snob which I don't understand at all.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

>creates an incredibly snobbish thread

>people call me a snob! how weird

dude, lmao
>>
>>17858561
>If you're solely working out and dressing well for others and not for yourself it doesn't actually mean anything.

This. Take it from an older anon. This anon gets it.

Women want to be part of an interesting man's life. If you are only chasing pussy, you are not interesting.

Ask any older anon that has been successful with attracting women, once you stop looking, focus on your own shit, your own life, your own goals, your own social circle, your own career, your own hobbies... you won't be able to find time for the amount of women who are interested in you.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.