[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coping with depression and suicidal thinking.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: 1403454632280.gif (285KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1403454632280.gif
285KB, 250x250px
How have you coped with depression and thoughts of suicide?
>>
im not the best at coping with things but i just do my best to ignore it and focus on other things.it doesnt work really well but yeah.
>>
>>17858129
Thanks for posting.
>>
First start by telling others your problems. The longer you keep it in the more depressed you get. This at least helped me.
>>
>>17858147
No one cares what I think or how I feel in my life.
I'm treated like a game npc or drone.
>>
>>17858153
What going on?
>>
>>17858153
the suicide hotline is always there for you
>>
>>17858153
You can literally share anything with us. Whats happening with life?
>>
I tried it, failed, and then considered that maybe if my life sucks this much that I want to die why should care about anyone ir anything and just do whatever the fuck I want and maybe die that way.

24 employed at at shitty job still looking for work from my college education. Couldn't imagine killing myslef now. Funny how the years make a difference.
>>
>>17858111
Alcohol works for a few years. Patrician tier is to exercise a level of control over your memory where you catch that you're getting ready to have an intrusive thought and then just choose to forgot what you were thinking. Think of it as instant mediation whee you clear you mind of all thought, except it's probably a lot more psychologically damaging.

That being said, there's usually a cause for depression. If you can fix the things that are bothering then do so. Don't say you'll change, just change. If it's not something that you can influence, then alcohol and repressed memories are for you.
>>
Just don't do it, anon. I know it is super cliché but it will indeed get better.
Except if you are in China or India.
>>
>>17858162
what job do u work?
>>
>>17858157 >>17858160
This has been going on for years. Some things change others stay the same.
Im 27. I gave up several years of my life to help my family. I have been in and out,mostly in, depression since childhood. I never received proper help.

I was in repression until 22 when I finally came out of the closet. Because of repression and living in a homophobic area I never had a chance at "young love".

Around 22, still severely depressed, I was tasked with taking care of my nephew since my sister was a worthless drug addict that slept all day. I had no time, money or help to progress in my life. This went on until he turned 5 and started school.

My family kept me down and would guilt trip me if I ever started trying to move on with my life. After my nephew started school my parents bought a second house and guilt tripped me and begged for me to help with fixing it up. While cleaning the roof it started raining and I fell off and smashed my foot and ankle. I was off my feet for months but as soon as I did not need it elevated and could get around on the crutches they guilt tripped me back into helping at the house. I was told it would take 18 months to heal. With my family effectively having brainwashed me into being a drone for them I ended up further damaging my leg. It has been about 13 months since my fall, my foot and ankle are still swollen.

A friend periodically brings up how I need vagina in my life despite him knowing I am gay. I am so far behind my age group in every way that I have honestly lost interest in life. I am aging poorly. I have already lost a lot of hair. No one respects me. I am not treated as an equal by anyone. I hate everything about my body. My reflection disgusts me and it has long before I gained weight. That is what Immediately comes to mind.
>>17858159
I tried the website.I'm not calling anybody.
>>
>>17858111
Go outside. Its really all you have to do. Job everyday for 30 minutes a day. Pick up cycling as well. Spend most of your time outside and you will never know sorry.
But people with depression don't have hobbies.
>>
>>17858208
>But people with depression don't have hobbies.
I have a lot of hobbies and spend several hours a day outside if I can. Your opinions will be discarded.
>>
>>17858216
Name some hobbies and what you do outside. Lying is bad for your mental health
>>
>>17858207
its alright dude.i know im not any help,and probably really annoying and nosy desu,but i know what youre going through.just live day by day and try to savor the little time you have on this earth.people are bound to start listening sometime,and even if they dont,the iternet is always here to talk.
>>
>>17858248
I enjoy hiking, even with my bad foot. I play with cats outside and play with my nephew.
When it is warm enough I like to swim.
I also like taking strolls around my neighborhood and do so multiple times a day usually for at least an hour

Inside hobbies include video games,anime,pen and paper rpgs.

I do not really count it as a hobby but some might. I listen to music and try to relax and take it in and focus on it.

Are connection errors common on this board?
>>
>>17858283
>I dont do cardio
This is why I said go jogging. If you have a bad foot pick up cycling. Walking around your neighborhood reeks of depression. Everyday. 30 minutes or more at a time. If you like hiking go with a friend. You hobbies sound so lonely I feel depressed.
>>
>>17858295
I used to jog before I fell. My bike was stolen. I tried jogging recently my ankle cant handle it yet. I'm still working on my range of motion. It was painful and snapped and popped with each step.

I was depressed even when I got exercise before I gained weight.
>>
>>17858319
>weight gain
Only making the story more depressing. Buy another bike. Go back outside and pick up cycling everyday. Stop living this depressing life. Id be depressed if I did the things you do.
>>
>>17858326
You are arrogant.

Let me smash your foot with a sledgehammer and see if you do not gain weight. I'm not obese.
>>
>>17858331
You dont have to. Tore a ligament in my knee when I didnt have health insurance. Picked up cycling the moment I realized I was gaining weight.
Excuses separate the weak from the strong.
>>
>>17858342
I have already started dropping weight just by going back into my normal life without jogging.

My point was proven. You were injured , it affected your activity, you gained weight. Keep in mind I could not stand unaided for months.
>>
>>17858353
Its not just about dropping weight. Its about cardio. I was a track runner and running was pretty much my life. But I wasnt about to let myself go. Im sure if there were no other activity I could have done I would have fallen into depression like you. But that doesnt change the cause or solution to the depression.
>>
>>17858362
I can tell you that lack of cardio is not my problem. It is something that I will improve on.
>>
>>17858376
Yeah thats what everyone with depression says. You just don't get it.
>>
>>17858399
I was depressed back when I jogged regularly. I also would jog with friends. I was depressed then too.
>>
>>17858408
Jogging for 5 minutes a week does not cant as cardio
Im sure you are probably less depressed now then you were then right...
>>
>>17858417
>it's an Exercise Fixes Mental Illness guy

kys famalam
>>
>>17858417
45 minutes a day sometimes up to an hour if I was by myself listening to music.

If there is a hell I am sure I will see you there.
You are terribly arrogant. How you treat me leads me to believe you are an awful person.
>>
>>17858424
>t. Depressed person
As usual.
>>
>>17858429
Im not about to coddle you for your weak resolve.
If you are fine with being depressed why shouldnt I?
>>
>>17858424

exercise triggers a scientifically measurable pathway which improves mental well-being

you pathetic cynical piece of shit. you will earn the respect of no one, for good reason
>>
>>17858437
>you will earn the respect of no one, for good reason

I'm confident that no one respects you either.
>>
>>17858429

>how you treat me

lad this is an internet forum. no one is 'treating' you like anything other than an anon who wants advice.

if you dont like the fucking answers, ignore them. you can literally just ignore the post and it'll be like no one ever said it because this is an anonymous fucking message board. its not like he can PM you in 5 months and 'cyberbully' you about how you need more exercise.

so the fact that you're responding at all is really nothing more than a childish tantrum, lashing out as a means of communication because youre so fucked and trapped in your own shitty head that you cant even speak the words you need to express how you feel.
>>
>>17858437
Its literally why people dont sympathize with the depressed
>Im depressed
>Pick up some outdoor hobbies and exercises
>I tried
Its like they want to be depressed.
>>
>>17858446
I'm calling someone out on their behavior. If he can inaccurately call me a liar, I can call him an asshole.
>>
>>17858452
Read your post again. The difference is you are very clearly lashing out in a childish tantrum. Typical of a person with depression however.
>>
>>17858452

yeah and you know what if you want you can write a 4000 page manuscript detailing exactly how you feel about him but no one gives a shit and you are just wasting your own time by dwelling on this nonsense.

remember that, you are just wasting your OWN time. its YOUR life you are throwing away by focusing on the things that make you feel bad.
>>
>>17858111
Don't cope. Follow it! Don't let those dreams stay under the doormat.
>>
>>17858111
Life is like photography. It takes negatives to develope.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.