[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it legal to work for less than minimum wage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: loser.jpg (31KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
loser.jpg
31KB, 700x400px
I'm an independent contractor delivering supplies to a restaurant under contract. My contract makes my services available as needed but when the contract was signed, the restaurant was small, business was slow, and they only needed my services occasionally. I would go a few weeks without making a delivery. However, I now make deliveries every two days or so. Based on the hours that I now put in, I make a little less than $3 per hour. My contract is up at the end of 2018. Is there any way out of this without breaking contract? If I didn't put a limit on how much they could use me, did I just agree to effectively, legally work for less than minimum wage?
>>
have you tried renegotiating the contract?
>>
>>17858091
What incentive does he have?
>>
>>17858098
well none, just makes it known to him that youre dissatisfied with the current terms, which could lead to a mutual agreement to cancel the current contract.
>>
>>17858113
Yeah, he and I have already talked about the situation. He's pretty happy with it which is why I'm trying to see if there's some legal loophole. I'm responsible for a lot of work and it's all in the contract. This is just a deal I have to live with.
>>
> Is it legal to work for less than minimum wage?
No, however you say you're an independent contractor. Independent contractors are not employees and therefore things like minimum wage do not apply to them.

You need to try to negotiate a higher rate. I'm assuming you don't want much more than minimum wage, which kind of gives you the upper hand because others will probably want more, meaning you're the cheapest
>>
So, what happens if you just stop delivering stuff?
>>
3 dollars an hour!? WTF. Your too intelligent for this bullshit Anon. The only reason I can think of that you are accepting this exploitation is if you are an illegal alien.
You can get better Anon! Get out there and find it. 3 dollars an hour!? I'd pay a fucking dog that for security around the house. arghhhhhhhh.
>>
>>17858144
This OP. I almost got cucked into the independent contractor shit and it's a way of employers screwing people that are new to working out of fair wages.

Beyond renegotiating, you're stuck with the shit wages.
>>
>>17858082
I'm pretty clueless on how this works but could you just do a terrible job so you get fired or something?
>>
>>17858394
To protect him, there are items written into the contract to prevent that or to make me pay for an alternative service of his choice.
>>
post the contract OP
>>
>>17858400
KEKED AS FUCK
>>
>>17858082
You go to a civil court

To tired to explain but judges can change shit in some specific cases in civil law contracts
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.