[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is therapy pointless? Or does my therapist just suck? Or am I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1470441143665.jpg (72KB, 950x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470441143665.jpg
72KB, 950x640px
Is therapy pointless? Or does my therapist just suck? Or am I a hopeless case?

I ask because I've been seeing a therapist every couple weeks for a few months now and haven't seen any benefits. Not even a little bit. I'll admit that I'm a mess. I have social anxiety, anger issues, and depression. I would bet that I have some serious undiagnosed personality disorder or mental illness. I might have BPD or be Bipolar from stuff I've read online. My life also really sucks right now which is making my emotional issues even worse. I'm dealing with chronic health issues that have left me unemployed and socially isolated.

But yeah, anyway, am I wasting my time with therapy? Or do I just need a different therapist?
>>
>>17857671
Are you telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth
>>
Most people usually try around like 5 therapists before they find one that clicks with them

Every therapist has a different approach and having the right therapist is immensley helpful
>>
>>17857681
I hold things back in therapy, yes.

It's extremely hard for me to let my guard down and admit to some of the things I think and do.
>>
>>17857692
I know it's hard but it'll only work if you work it. I went through months of therapy not feeling like I could trust my therapist with my darkest shit that I'm scared to write down. My girlfriend convinced me when she noticed I would avoid a certain subject constantly and said, "You don't have to tell me, but you need to tell someone".

The things that we're the most afraid to admit are the often most important things to say
>>
>>17857802
You're right. I'll work on that.
>>
>>17857689
This. My first therapist in a while had this 'tough love' approach that I wasn't particularly fond of. I already beat myself up, I don't need somebody to be a drill sergeant for my life. It'll work for others but not for me.
>>
>>17857671
You have BPD and you will are not even coming CLOSE to telling the truth to your therapist. Not even close. You have not even tipped the very tippity top of that iceberg.

This has nothing at all to do with trust. You could have jesus fucking christ sitting right in front of you and still bullshit him.

You're psychotic. That's a very negative sounding term but not so much as defined. You are under a psychosis while speaking with your therapist. Your brain is firing off so many warning sirens, so many insecurities, fears, and other borderline issues that it fries the rest of mind up. It doesn't know how to handle those dangerous things so you resort to the quickest, easier, most reliable form of defense. Bullshit lies. So much easier than facing the horrors you have put onto others with your incredibly disgusting actions. I'm not saying that to be mean. If you have BPD you for sure do a lot of fucked up shit behind people's backs. You hurt people on purpose. You abuse them in order to make yourself seem better. To feel wanted.

You will never crack that psychosis through therapy online. It's a physical chemical reaction in the mind. Your therapist will need to recognize this and deal with it through medication. Only then will you see benefits through therapy. Only then will your mind even have the ability to process the coping tools you learn in therapy.

anti-psychotics, anti-anxiety, and/or SSRIs. Not all of them just the ones most suited to your bullshit.

Also, twice a month isn't enough. Borderlines and Bipolars need more therapy than any other psychosis besides maybe schizos. Go once a week at least.

You need to have your therapist talk to multiple people in your life. They need to see the truth. Not the delusions you give them.
>>
>>17857689
Not only are the therapists different, but with more experience the person seeking someone to talk to also better develops a sense of what is needed, and their resistance also changes.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.