[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 years old and about to go to my first day of my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: giornofrick.png (171KB, 262x261px) Image search: [Google]
giornofrick.png
171KB, 262x261px
I'm 21 years old and about to go to my first day of my first job. Any advice? It's at a local pizza place and I have a lot of social anxiety.
>>
>>17857269
meditate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GSeWdjyr1c
>>
the same advice i got

take a shot
or two
not three
the alc will make you feel more relaxed
atleast the placebo on these small amounts

also, din't mind if you do mistakes
everybody had a first day at a new work, they will tolerate it the first week
also, you have the best excuse if yiu do shit: "sry, i'm new here"
>>
When I did my first job, roughly 10 years ago, I was pretty worked up too.

Just take it easy, however don't slack off. You want to build your own work ethics that you can later carry on to other jobs.

Build strong work ethics(friendly/honest/laidback/concise). Don't do too much as its a pizza place, not anything intensive like stockmarket or anything.

As you have social issues, it might create problems. Customer service jobs are worst for socially averse. You feel like you have to be sincere but they still yell at you or give you shit. Just stick with it for few months atleast to get a feel of the environment. Your first job is mostly a learning experience.

One thing though, learn to manage your emotion. Don't show off negative emotion to customers, even the slightest negative facial expression will be seen/detected.
>>
>>17857269
Half them niggers are gonna be stoned. Don't worry.

Take your time but try an stay out of the "busy" people's ways. There will be some faggots that think they gotta rush to get good tips and will come off as rude by being in a rush. You're gonna be at the bottom of the totem pole and probably get all the shit deliveries. I take that back, not probably, you will get all the shitty deliveries. It's just pizza delivery bro. It's a really laid back and simple job, or should be. After a couple days you get the hang of it.

I was a GM at a Domino's for 5 years and I've worked at a mom and pop pizza place too.
>>
>>17857269
OP, this always works:

Genuinely act like you're a spy in a movie, and your first day on the job is simply a RECON MISSION (basically, it's as stressful as walking to your fridge and opening a can of soda; in other words, it's not stressful at all). The ACTUAL MISSION will come at a later time and will involve something like stealing a secret document from the pizza place.
>>
Be friendly, laid back and listen to what they tell you to do. It's pizza, which is one of the easiest jobs you could ever have in your life. I was a manager at two pizza places for five years and not only is the job easy as fuck, but it can also be insanely fun (hence the five years).
>>
>>17857269
>RELAX
This this this. I know what you mean anon, first days on the job are never easy and it shows for anyone. Just listen to instructions and fallow as such. There you go that's work, in all honesty I find work less stressful than school.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.