[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression/Unmotivation Hello /adv/, this is my first post here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1479873560643.png (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479873560643.png
50KB, 500x500px
Depression/Unmotivation
Hello /adv/, this is my first post here. But I'm just becoming really frustrated as life is just not working out for me very well.
I'm not sure if I'm depressed, I don't want to self-diagnose as it's stupid to do.
Anyway, my issue is that I'm constantly energyless, I come home, lay down, and do nothing for the rest of the day - and that's every single day for me.
And of course this attitude fucks up quite a lot for me, studies especially.
I just can't seem to get out of this vicious circle, I know it's my own fault, I'm not blaming anyone. But that makes me hate myself, gives me suicidal thoughts as I feel completely useless to society as I'm not doing anything significant.
And that makes me want to do less. It sucks.
I just want to find a way of having some sort of peace with myself, to at least do my daily obligations - like right now, I had 6 hours before this to do anything and everything, instead i slept 4 hours and spend 2 on internet. Now I'm writing this, with my papers infront of me.
I'm sorry for wasting anyone's time, but I'm sure I'm not the only one, and just wish to know what could help.
Thanks for any responses.
>>
>>17856470

try going to a library or something after school and see if that helps. we often associate our bedrooms and such with rest, and the privacy makes us do things we normally wouldnt (like go on 4chinz).

please keep in mind that most people have this issue. we are meant to take a nap at some point in the day. the sleep cycle we abide is not the best.

so most of us get exhausted and our 'second wind' really isn't much help if its not something dire
>>
>>17856554
Thanks, and I'm aware of this being a common problem. I just find it hard to deal with it, it also depresses me to see other people being able to deal with it and still achieving a lot while I waste my potential and don't get my fat ass out of bed. I think my problem is that I got way too comfortable and find the simplest activities quite impossible to do as "everything is harder than doing nothing". It's this kick in the ass to get going that I need. As I always fall back to the "it's not so important anyways" excuse. And now I'm stressed out about my future and my parents aren't helping, nobody is.
I feel lost.

But hey, at least I started trying(even when I'm put down like today).
So that's a move in the right direction, isn't it?
>>
>>17856591
it is.

like i said, go outside and see if you get more productive. try working in a room that ISNT your room and you might even be productive.

make a to do list and get a reward at the ned. whatever you can do.
>>
File: midnamp.jpg (71KB, 1249x837px) Image search: [Google]
midnamp.jpg
71KB, 1249x837px
>>17856606
It's always these small things that i hear about, but never follow as I honestly find it useless - but i guess that's a wrong way of thinking.
Thanks for listening, it means a lot.
I'll try my best.

I also started a project recently again - funny because all of my projects die off quickly; I started writing a book, stuck at the 8th chapter for months now, worked on a game (to the book) - quit after the first room. I also draw, but give up when it doesn't look how I imagined it.
But yes, I recently started working on a mod, a huge one.
But this time I don't want to give up and actually finish it.
>pic related, the general ideas I've gathered so far
I try to use it as a way of getting a persistent mindset, and not give up as I always do.
>>
>>17856633

sorry bud wish i can give advice but i dont know how. even if it takes me years, im dedicated to finishing projects.
>>
>>17856639
That's what I try to achieve.
This dedication to a project, or anything that is.
Anyway. I honestly just needed to get that crap off my chest, thanks again for taking your time.
>>
>>17856647

for me its just been intrinsic. a 'must do' sorta thing.

good luck mate. glad i could hel pat least a little bit
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.