[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how do you cure social anxiety ? I solved ALL of the things

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: camus.jpg (28KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
28KB, 1280x720px
So, how do you cure social anxiety ?

I solved ALL of the things about me I would be anxious about, but the anxiety's still there.
>>
>>17855905
But anon, anxiety is illogical, it doesn't care if you actually have things to be anxiousness about or not.

It's an experience thing, go out there, try being social and get used to it after a while.
>>
>>17855905
this is why therapists exist, pick one and go
>>
>>17855905
Adderall or xanax
>>
>>17855905

first and foremost, you need to realize that there are no social consequences.

the difference between the alpha and the beta is that the alpha isn't afraid to ask girls out. not because hes certain he will succeed but because he knows it doesn't matter if she says no. he accepts that if a girl isn't interested, she will say so, and that has nothing to do with him. hes still attractive, fun, charismatic, no matter how many girls say no.

The alpha has actually been rejected WAY MORE than the beta. because the beta fears rejection. he thinks there's some magical scoreboard somewhere keeping track of the number of rejections hes had and he can cheat by simply NOT asking girls out. he refuses to make a move unless they are 100% certain the girl is into him, which is so rare especially after highschool.

the alpha knows that if a girl says 'no' that his life is exactly the same as it was an hour ago. its like going to the doctor to get a shot. it hurts for a second, but its over and no one remembers it the next day.

despite all this you WILL have anxiety. bravery means facing your fears. it does not mean an absence of fear. it means doing something even though you have that anxiety.

and once you do it it lessens. it will still ALWAYS be there, but its like hunger. just cuz its there doesn't mean you need to cave into it.
>>
Go be alone by yourself.

In a positive way. I have huge social anxiety to the point that I become catatonic when near social situation.

So I plan to buy myself a small house and live out in the outskirts with plenty of freedom/nature/etc.

Ofcourse every anxiety is different, so you have to formulate your own plan.
>>
>>17856257
Not him but I thought about this too. It would be nice to retire out to a comfy remote ranch somewhere with a few pets...

But then it got me thinking...why do animals never cause me anxiety, but people do? I see a 40 ft long snake and think that's pretty neato...but I walk into a public restroom and I can't use a fucking urinal if someone else is in it.... why?
>>
>>17856296
Human social identity uses tons more processing power in the brain than a simple animal.

Mainly because everything we do is tied to humanity. Meanwhile animals are their own special thing. Like rocks/cars/Rain/etc. They only occupy small amounts of your brain, physically.
>>
>>17855905
lots of practice

get out there !!
>>
>>17855905
anxiety isn't a response to rational concerns. it is a neurochemical response. you invented those problems to justify your fucked up emotions. they were not the cause of your anxiety.
>>
>>17856218
>no social consequences

That's simply untrue. I've had experiences in the past where I've made a fool of myself trying to talk to girls and people would make fun of me for it. The social ladder is a very real thing, and you can absolutely fall to the bottom of it.
>>
>>17857684
Not on online dating. Not yet, anyway, or not to a large extent. At best the algorithms attempt to determine how attractive you are and how successful you are at engaging people in conversation, but there are no significant consequences apart from adjusting the blend of how hot the profiles you see are on average.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.