[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to save money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: [021408].jpg (27KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
[021408].jpg
27KB, 720x540px
I'm 21, still living with my mom, and my only bills are my phone, internet, car insurance, and netflix. I work 2 retail jobs getting paid $10/hr basically.

I should be banking at this point but I'm depressed to the point of just blowing my money on food, weed, and other useless junk. I need help. How do you guys go about saving money?
>>
>>17855820
>phone, internet, car insurance
Are these the best options for value you could get?

>netflix
There are tons of sites where you can stream shit for free.

Also spending money on crap won't make you any less depressed, with stuff like food and weed you only risk to get addicted. Pick a hobby like reading, which is either free (ebooks) or almost free (library)

>How do you guys go about saving money?
Having a goal helps (I was skipping meals to get a new laptop, kek) but usually it's just about not blowing it on dumb things. Besides, it's always better to make more than to spend less, saving up with your shitty earnings now won't make a big difference either way, focus on getting a job that pays more.
>>
>>17855820
How much do you make? How much do you spend for your various bills?

Lets say you make X and spend Y.
(X-Y)/3 = Z.
That Z is the money you spend every month for whatever you like. Everything else goes to the bank and you don't touch it ever.
You give yourself a weekly allowance of Z/4 and you spend just that money. It has to be cash. Have a prepaid debit card and if you want to buy something online. Do not spend money from your main credit card for online stuff, dont have it linked to any online account.
>>
Basically dude you need to be putting money away every week that you have to vow to yourself never to touch.

You gotta transfer it to your savings account dude. You'll feel better knowing that you can blow the rest of your paycheck as much as you want without having to stress out about saving money if you just move it to the other account.
>>
>>17855837
>>17855840

$1500 a month. I pay $250 in bills a month.
>>
>>17855850
that's 300 a week.

I'd say start small and put away 100 a week into a savings account. 200 a week for you to blow on whatever you want is plenty dude. Soon you'll get addicted to the money you're saving and you'll be trying to reach 200 a week. As soon as you know it you'll be moving out.

Like I said, just transfer the money to a savings account and let yourself know you can blow all the rest of your money without a problem so you don't have to worry about it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.