[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

racism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: cute_fluffy_puppy.jpg (155KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
cute_fluffy_puppy.jpg
155KB, 500x557px
Black 18 year old here. I think I might be having...racist thoughts. Not towards whites but towards Caribbean blacks and possibly Asians....
Is that bad? Amd if so how do I stop it amd turn back to normal?
>>
It is not bad to have racist thoughts, just like how its not bad to have an opinion.
>>
>>17854438
It is bad but also normal
You sound like an asshole though
>>
>>17854438
You sure? Because I think my dad made it where I start thinking these thoughts towards Caribbean blacks when I'm angry. I think I'm not racist towards asians, I think it's me anxiously creating these scenarios in my head when I got angry at mei in overwatch
>>
>>17854441
only assholes call other people assholes, asshole

wait...
>>
>>17854433
Racism is just a generalization of experience
People who look similar are expected to act similarly.

Feeling that way is normal. Generalization is a time saving strategy

Once you know this, you can counter act it
>>
>>17854466
No I mean i have angry racist thoughts
>>
>>17854450
nobody is policing your thoughts...

maybe sjws
>>
>>17854472
explain why? not trying to antagonize you but having someone, us, to vent out may help
>>
>>17854472
Yeah, and those thoughts are founded in a generalization you've made about a type of people

It's perfectly normal to have those thoughts
Let yourself feel them and then don't them control your decisions
>>
>>17854476
Sorry I was underground on the Brooklyn bound train just nks, had no signal.
I'm iffy about Caribbean folk because my dad mainly talked bad about them. And many look down on American born blacks yet were both beneath the whites so it makes no difference. Plus a Caribbean guy raped my girlfriend. Weord part is my stepdad who I really love is Trinidadian, and so is my toddler half sister.
I was mainly angry at Chinese people when I played overwatch when I still sucked at the game. Mei kept killing me. Also I used to be obsessed with the Japanese but now my opinion is muddled after learning about unit 731 and learning more about perverts and pedophiles there. I don't hate japanese people but I do hate weeaboos who hate america. If you're a weeb, so be it. Just don't shot on the country you're living in. It annoys me when they say the Japanese weren't evil in WWII
>>
>>17854731
Half of this sounds like autism and the other half sounds like you not being able to sperate individuals from whatever race their apart of. I live in South Florida, one of the most diverse places in the country. You're grouping all Caribbean islanders together when they don't even belong in the same category. Haitians are different from Jamaicans who are different from Cubans who are different from Puerto Ricans. Realize that everyone is an individual and should be treated as such. No one should be judged based on where their grandparents are from.
Just because your dad was racist (mine is too) doesn't mean you have to follow his example. Just because one Trinidadian did something shitty doesn't mean their all shifty.

Unless their from Okeechobee. Fuck those monkeys.
>>
>>17854433
It's a two sided coin. You might see Caribbean blacks looking down on black Americans but you fail to see all the other bullshit you fling at us. Black caribbeans and African Immigrants have a different culture than black Americans and do things differently. Congrats we come from different fucking countries. The fuck you want us to do drop all that shit and act Black American to make you and your daddy feel better? Naw brah.

Black Americans are also infamous for being the Black Police. All of you think because America fucked with you the most that you are the world authority on what being black really is. I get where it comes from but its bullshit to a lot of other people.

American blacks will shit on African kids for doing African things and therefore not being "black enough" same thing applies to many caribbeans. Likewise coming from predominantly black nations we really don't give a fuck about differentiating our behaviors from white people or anyone else, our blackness has already been validated, and doing the goofey shit the "white peepo" do isn't seen as being a traitor or anything.

When you attack people just for being who they are everyday- that's going to piss people off and make them not to be around you.

Unfortunately black American communities aren't doing so well while black immigrants and their children actually typically academically and financially successful. Not to say that there aren't well educated and affluent African Americans but there is a class barrier at play as well if you look at things from a bigger perspective.

Don't get me wrong caribbeans and Africans do throw a lot of unnecessary bs at American blacks but the issue is a lot more complex than "those uppity Jamaicans don't want to eat lunch with me" or "those Haitians gangbanged, I mean raped, my girlfriend"
>>
>>17855629
>>17854890
I don't judge people on how black they are. In fact quite honestly I wish I was white or japanese or Puerto Rican or something. It's just that I have these feelings deep down from training from my dad and I'm noticing it come out more. And no she wasn't gangbanged, shee was straight up raped. On the outside no one suspects it. In fact I have a few Caribbean friends
>>
Forgot to mention I say a lot of racist things towards Chinese people because of overwatch. I seriously hope mei gets murdered brutally
>>
>>17854731
The Japanese weren't evil in WWII

They, like us, wanted what was best for their country. The nukes caused more suffering than 731.
>>
Well at least you recognize it and want to change. Just practise mindfulness and when racist thoughts pop up acknowledge them.
>>
>>17855971
Well look at what they did. Plus the Japanese were going to attack us with biological warfare before the A bomb
>>17855983
Yeah but the feelings might still be there. I feel conglicted. I'm friends with the very people I recently started saying racist things about
>>
>>17854433
It's ok. I'm asian and I absolutely despise black people.
>>
>>17854433
Nigga whatchu have against Asians? They're qt.
>>
>>17856182
How do I stop my racist thoughts against Caribbeans? Also if you're Korean or japanese I have no problem with you. If you are Chinese and remind me of mei different story
>>
>>17855971
Oooooooohohohoho yes they fucking were. In fact some of their human experimentation was shit worse than what they did in the gulag in Russia. Plus they were batshit. "Kill yourselves sons and daughters because it's more honorable than being captured by the enemy"
"We will never surrender until every last man woman and child has given up his life for our glorious emperor"
They were north Korea before north Korea.
>>
>>17856246
>How do I stop my racist thoughts against Caribbeans?

Stop befriending them

or

simply

kill yourself
>>
>>17855971
I guess it depends on your definition of evil. Our concept of "war crimes" was their concept of "war," and not just in WWII.
>>
>>17854450
>I got angry at mei in overwatch

Just FYI this is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. "This character in a PvP video game who is Chinese is making me hate real Chinese people."
>>
>>17856266
Kill myself for what
>>17856286
I didn't say I explicitly hate Chinese folk. But I have been saying "chink" while playing. I've been worried that I'm evil for saying these things in anger
>>
>>17856298
You aren't evil, but you're definitely autistic.
>>
>>17856303
How am I autistic. It's not like I said I want to kill someone. I'm not like chris chan
>>
>>17856323
You're autistic because you're on a Vietnamese fish forum asking people about mean thoughts you've been having. All you need to do is realize that what you're thinking isn't real life and doesn't reflect poorly on you nor does it accurately portray those you see/meet. As long as those thoughts don't become actions or dictate how you feel about real-life people, you're fine.

Get off 4chan and surround yourself with normal people. Half the people here are overly negative and racist and you'll only become more like them if they become the bulk of your social interaction.
>>
>>17855971
731 was a crime against God and nature. Nothing has disgusted me worse.
>>
>>17856342
Nah I never hated a Chinese person in real life just fir being chinese. I only said it those few times while playing and now I feel like a white guy who said nigger amd is guilty.
How do I redeem myself to the Chinese?
>>
>>17856170
What American civilian center were they plan on attacking with biological weapons? California? Washington? Florida? They targeted American soldiers, so, why did Americans target civilians on our bombing runs of mainland Japan? We were not the good guys or the bad guys. No side was.

>>17856251
"We cannon invade America, there is a rifle behind every blade of grass." Americans also took pride in fighting to the last man standing. I am confident that the hundreds of thousands of lived taken by excruciatingly painful napalm bombings of Tokyo qualifies as more cruel than small scale human experimentation.
>>
>>17856361
By my rubric, the firebombings of Tokyo were a far more heinous crime against God and humanity. I can explain if you'd like.
>>
Racism is natural because of evolution. There were, and still are in some parts of the world, lesser races caused by "bad" genes. Heightened aggression, compulsive lying, sociopathy, certain autisms, low intelligence, poor long term planning, etc. All observable genetic phenomena. So if many of the people on an island, say in the Caribbean or Pacific, had these genes wouldn't it stand to reason that those genes would become pervasive through that race? Take into account that some of these negative behaviors are beneficial to one's survival and dominance in a primitive (and some would argue even contemporary) society and you see how the better genes were stifled. Good honest people murdered by the bad ones, now unable to spread their genes, effectively go extinct.

Oh but it's not politically correct so you try to;
>stop it amd turn back to normal
Sure.

If you want to know why certain religions are full of bad people it's the same thing, but rather than a geographical gene pool restriction (the islands) it was a societal one.
>>
>>17856373
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cherry_Blossoms_at_Night
>>
>>17856382
Both were heinous and establishing beachheads for both ideas is arbitrary. But thank you for the consideration.
>>
>>17856383
But Caribbean people share slightly similar genes with me. I'm black but from a different place. If I follow your philosophy then I should kill not only myself but also my family
I'm Trying To Turn Back To Normal So I can be reasonable. And with the Chinese, I only said chink or dumb fat Chinese bitch when fighting mei in overwatch
>>
>>17856373
>>17856391
kek, US and Japan were both inhuman assholes in WW2. Tnx for the info, hope I can use oneday.
>>
File: lead_960-1.jpg (75KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
lead_960-1.jpg
75KB, 960x640px
Wait I just realized after talking to you guys that I never hated any real Chinese people, and never discriminated a Caribbean just for being a Caribbean. I started thinking these thoughts recently and per claim I've been acting a little mental. Is that true anons? I only started thinking that I'm racist towards Chinese people after overwatch, and after thinking about that I was reminded of the things my dad taught me against Caribbeans. I always disagreed with him about it but now I started believing that I believe it. Am I delusional? I know I gave anxiety and I once deluded myself into believing that I'm a communist when I was 11. Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>17856403
>And with the Chinese, I only said chink or dumb fat Chinese bitch when fighting mei in overwatch
Chinese here, fuck Mei.
>>
>>17856548
Sorry for saying chink :/ I have anger issues and I started this thread because of the guilt of what I said
>>
File: Fil 2016-10-05 17 20 18.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Fil 2016-10-05 17 20 18.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>17854731
Japan is.. eh.. nationalistic.
This is what you'll find if you stay at (j)APA(n) hotels.
>>
>>17854461
Underrated post
>>
>>17856584
Well I'm saying I am Chinese and I have also anger issues toward that chink Mei. No need to take yourself so seriously
>>
>>17856747
I guess. I Made This thread To atone for my immaturity and to improve on my bullshit
>>
>>17855805

If you understand that all people of a certain group are individuals (good and bad individually) and yet you still feel badly about the group, then you really haven't learned that not all members of a group are individuals.

You just look at them as a group and conclude that while SOME are okay, but the group in general is bad. This is the folly that many racists mindsets fall into. "Since Bobby doesn't fit into my stereotype of what all other Latinos are like, it just means Bobby is a rarity and less Latino. It's not like every individual Latino has his or her own flaws like everyone else in my ethnic group. The rest of them- barring the rare exceptions- are still as I imagine them to be."

Often times, the best way to break this is to reeeaaaally meet a variety of people. When you come to genuinely meet a bunch of people in benign situations and just see them as people and not only interact with them under the same specific circumstances and treat them as some case study to confirm/deny your prejudices, a lot of that stuff breaks down.
>>
>>17856951
I guess. I've only started thinking these thoughts yesterday. As i mentioned here
>>17856543 I started thinking these thoughts after overwatch. Me thinking The hate towards mei got me thinking these thoughts because I started thinking about how my dad, and even my girlfriends dad, doesn't like Caribbeans
>>
It's fine to have a negative preconception of someone based on their race as long you're willing to revise your thoughts about them should they prove themselves an exception who doesn't fall into the normal negative aspects of their demographic.

Just don't be an overt cunt about it.
>>
You don't have to feel bad or apologize for shit. Your black and don't like whatever and Asians. Evidently you've had some bad experience that made you feel that way. Just don't let it consume you. Bad experience's make you cautious and could mean your survival later on. I don't instantly trust you black fuckers till I get to know you. I'm damn sure cautious about mexicans---dangerous little fuckers.
Don't feel bad about shit. Your instincts can keep you alive. Just don't put on a klan hood and go harming innocent people of another race. That's just being an asshole.
>>
>>17858109
>>17858175
Idk if you guys read the thread but I only said the Chinese racial slur because of a video game. In real life I haven't hated anyone over being chinese. Does saying chink alone make me a racist towards chinese? That's what I meant in this thread. I thought ne saying it means I'm very racist
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.