[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here had personal experiences with closing the gap in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0367.jpg (43KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0367.jpg
43KB, 1000x1000px
Anyone here had personal experiences with closing the gap in a long distance relationship? How did it go? Ive been in a ldr for 8 months with my gf and i see her twice a month. Fights get pretty toxic sometimes and Im not sure if most of it can be remedied by closing the gap but id have to say at least 60% of them stem from the distance. Also ldr general thread.
>>
My LDR and I talked online for 3 years and have been together IRL for 3 years.. We haven't done long distance since-as we decided we want to live together and like each others company.. We would fight before I got here because I kept saying I would visit/move where she is and would push it off due to fear.. but I said fuck fear and bought my plane ticket and everything has been great since..
>>
>>17854359
would fights ever be over insecurity stuff like the potential she would or you would cheat? how did you guys resolve these
>>
>>17854338

if you're already fighting its not a good sign, especially since you say only a little more than half of it is caused by distance.

the real question you have to ask is: is a temporary romance really worth one or both of you giving up your lives as it is?

the movies have convinced us that love is the only thing that matters, and if it means meeting some girl you have to give up your life, your friends, your job, everything you built, just to see if it will work out.

its a myth. there is a reason that romance is only the 'subplot' of every movie, and only the actual focus in childrens stories or movies for girls.

because tahts all love is meant to be, one small aspect, one small part of a much greater story about you and yuor destiny.

if you foresake your life to go be with a woman, you are saying you are not worthy of destiny. that all you are good for is the most fragile of all human relationships.
>>
>>17854371
no. that has never been a problem.
>>
>>17854372
Fair enough, but where do i draw the line? Fights are normal in relationships but when do you call it
>>
>>17854413

thats up for everyone to decide. the fact that you are questioning it is not a good sign.

what isn't important is how much you fight, but how you fight.

does it get really brutal? and do you make up? and by make up i mean, do you actually move past the issue? or do you simply fight about the same thing again awhile later.

cuz if you arent resolving anything you never will. you'll just be living the same arguments on repeat for the rest of your short relationship
>>
Fighting is normal. Any types of relationship can be boring if you don't fight once in a while. It makes the bond even more stronger because It's part of knowing each-other and being there for each-other no matter what. Yes, closing the gab would help 100x better but fighting will always be there. Just be more mature about it and don't let it ruin what both you built together.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.