[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets imagine you are in a relationship with this girl. She is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

Lets imagine you are in a relationship with this girl. She is really good looking, but is only with you because she wants your money. If for some reason you lost a lot of money or your job, she will leave you. If she finds someone richer than you, she will leave you. If you refuse to provide for her in the exact way that she demands, she will leave you. Wouldn't she actually be the ideal type of partner?

In order to keep her, you will have to focus on keeping your life on track. You will need to make sure you are generally better than the competition. If you are falling short on her demands, you will be motivated to improve yourself/job/income etc. As long as she is by your side, you should be in good shape. Isn't this much better for you than the love-you-no-matter-what bullshit?
>>
Sounds like you're looking for a life coach, not a gf
>>
>>17854131
The best wives are life coaches you can trust
>>
File: image.png (736KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
736KB, 750x1334px
>>17854134
and do anal
>>
Also about how society tends to dislike women who are materialistic, gold diggers, manipulative, whatever... I feel like it must take a lot of effort to pull that off, deserving of respect.
>>
So you're saying that you admire Melania Trump, Mick Jagger's new baby mama, Jackie Kennedy and Wendi Deng?
>>
>>17854124
Right but she is providing negative pressure rather than legitimate encouragement or motivation.
>should you falter, I leave
That is basically a threat rather an encouragement. If you do well under fear or negative pressure then yea it might be beneficial for your career path over "love you no matter what"

However, to me at least, a wife is also supposed to be understanding of when a husband falters (except for some things like cheating, killing, etc). The woman you're describing is looking at you from an investment, not as a relationship.
>If I don't get my return consistently, then this investment isn't worth hanging around

I can understand that a "love you no matter what" breeds weakness and laziness, but there is a compromise between the two that is probably the best. Some woman who holds you to standards yet wont ditch when something happens outside of your control
>>
File: 1481577318559.jpg (139KB, 480x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1481577318559.jpg
139KB, 480x1440px
>>17854124
The idea of a romantic partner is like a best friend that you have sex with
Someone you can let your guard down around and confide in

Like >>17854131 said, it sounds like you're looking for an external source of motivation
You have things you want to improve in your life, but you're both too lazy and too afraid of failure to actually put effort towards improving them
>>
>>17854217
Also, I can understand the benefits behind this: you work hard and improve, the woman stays. If you don't, she leaves and you get no love.

However in reality, the more you stay with a woman like this, even if she isn't trying to screw you over, you will be hit with a greater loss if she leaves. If you stay with her for years on end, regardless if she wanted to take your money in alimony or not, you will pay her for alimony. If you have kids with this woman, you will probably pay child support if she leaves.

It should be that if she leaves she just takes her possessions and goes. but in today's society, the longer you're connected with another, the greater the loss you'll take if they leave and you were the bread winner.
>>
>>17854197
yes

>>17854217
True. High risk high reward kind of situation. Ideally you get the reward, but a compromise is probably more realizable.

Though I feel like relationship is an investment, and I would naturally admire smart investors.

>>17854221
I agree with romantic partner = someone you have sex with, but not sure about the best friend/let your guard down.

It is true that personally I have a lot to improve on in my life and it would be nice to have a good form of motivation, but I kinda feel that is beside the point I'm making.
>>
So you're suggesting that the ultimate relationship is essentially prostitution? I don't think you've even begun to consider how empty the man would feel in this situation.
>>
>>17854284
Youre pretty much right. Relationships are an investment. For some the return is emotional satisfaction, for some sex, and for others money and items.

I just think your sense of scale is too harsh, like if even a few things goes wrong she is out of there. To me that is too harsh, especially when what happened wasnt in your control.

Look, I work in Financial Services creating portfolios for clients. In our industry, we do expect constant return. However, we tell customers that even though we hedge idiosyncratic risk (the risk of one firm in our portfolio), the market risk cannot be avoided in any portfolio. Being a 'smart investor' doesnt absolve you of risk: just of you doing dumb things to yourself.

So the point is, when something happens not because of you but because of your surroundings, your hypothetical wife shouldn't judge you nor leave you for that because that is out of your control. The 'smart investor' still is hurt by market risk because that is unavoidable; it shouldn't be punished.
>>
>>17854309
No, because a prostitute frequently sleep with multiple people. Your romantic partner only stays with you because in her eyes, you are worthwhile. Which is essentially what I think love should be defined as.
>>
>>17854313
financial services right on man. I guess it is a bit harsh to say that if you fail once shes out. I was just trying to illustrate a case where a girl values what you have more than who you are (looks, personality, etc). And if you can provide in the long run despite short term losses, a smart girl wouldn't leave.
>>
>>17854124

what? no. becuase she wouldnt keep your life on track, she would keep it on HER track and still leave you when you reach a barrier you can't get past on your own.
>>
>>17854392
well, she wouldn't leave you if you stay on her track :)

I believe breakups happens because of disagreements in what is expected in a relationship. So its much easier to agree on what is expected in a relationship if both party knows its material, rather than a vague love-drama.
>>
>>17854391
Thats fine. I can see some relationships like that. I just think that the majority of our legal system assumes that most couples act on love, not possessions. Hence why after some duration of a marriage it is extremely dangerous to divorce if you want to keep everything you have
>>
>>17854124
No, I'd fuck her in the most degrading ways till I got bored and next her. I'm assuming that I know all the caveats of your argument before we start "dating".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.