[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problem with my tenant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: feminists.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
feminists.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
I'm currently renting an attic room. The tenant was a bit of a pain at first but I managed to adjust. One week ago he flew out of the country to work somewhere for three weeks.

Last Friday, I came home to find the central heating boiler leaking, complete with a pool of funny-smelling water below it. I cleaned up the mess and turned off the water so it'd stop making a mess.

I'm not sure how this is done in other places, but here the central heating boiler is what brings heat to the entire house. No boiler, no warm water or heating up the radiator.

So after that, I called the tenant to inform him about the leak and ask what to do. He told me to try showering under the circumstances anyway and that he'd fix it as soon as he came home (which at that point was about two weeks later). That advice was retarded so I ignored it. Instead I warmed up some water using the electric stove and used that to clean.

Two days after that, on Sunday, I met up with my family and told them about the situation. They weren't happy so I got in contact with the tenant again, told him showering didn't work out and asked him if he could arrange to get it fixed. He said he was busy but that he could arrange something the following day, Monday, and then started bitching about me using his pans. Apparently his girlfriend came over and found the used pans on the stove. I was baffled over his priorities but apologized as I didn't care as long as I got the heat back.

So Monday came and nothing. I sent him a message at 9pm asking if he arranged something. He read it but didn't reply.

Today I decided to go call a plumber myself. I sent another message to the tenant about this and he did reply to this one to ask if I could get another part replaced while I was at it. However, the plumber never came because apparently they can't do anything if you're not the home owner. I sent a message to the tenant yet again that I can't do anything and he replied, again, that he'd arrange something tomorrow.
>>
>>17853807
So I asked the tenant, politely, what happened to the arrangement he said he'd make on Monday, and his response went something like this:

"I do believe I was busy working, wasn't I?"

I'm not sure if I translated the tone well, but it came across as very bitchy. I didn't even respond and left it at that.

Currently, I'm staying at my mum's place. She was pretty pissed about my tenant's behaviour and insisted I sleep somewhere where the heat works, and I can't say I blame her.

But right now, I'm not sure what to do. The tenant doesn't seem to give a shit at all to even take ten minutes out of his life to call up a plumber. What do now?
>>
How about you call a plumber? Then just bill the tenant
>>
>>17853807
I'm confused, are you the tenant or the landlord? Why would you expect the tenant to make the repairs? That should be the landlord's responsibility.
>>
>>17854019
I think OP means landlord, not tenant
>>
>>17854004
I can't. I don't own the place.

>>17854019
Oh yeah, I'm a retard. I'm the tenant, he owns the house.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.