[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 1457013885913.png (459KB, 1043x764px) Image search: [Google]
1457013885913.png
459KB, 1043x764px
I'm going through some hard times, and I feel the need to fullfill myself spiritually. I wanna believe in a religion. I already believe that there's a creator (or there may be), but I don't believe in abrahamic religions. What is the best religion out there in terms of peacefullness? I don't want anything with ''kill this, kill that, sex is bad blah blah'' but something that focuses on being a good person and improving yourself etc.
>>
Shit thumbnail desu.
>I'd say Islam's the best religion
>Just start reading the Qur'an, I'd say read Sahih International translation.
>Doesn't have scientifically inaccurate bullshit like christianity or judaism or hinduism or buddhism
>Isn't irrational and doesn't worship a fat pacifist like buddha
>>
>>17853387
Sand niggers are currently the only ones killing each other and everybody else.
Muslims have been at war with each other since the false prophet Mohammad was around.
Why are the middle eastern countries the only ones to kill gays, not give women any rights, and prefer to fuck goats?
>>
>>17853387
>Doesn't have scientifically inaccurate bullshit like christianity or judaism or hinduism or buddhism
Qur'an says that Earth shaped like an ostrich-egg.

And I chose the pic randomly. It was the first religion related image I could find in my folder.
>>
You don't "believe" in a religion, you "follow" it, like you follow the law or a code of honor or whatever. You follow a set of rules specific religion has and participate in practices it endorses.

And what's with this "I already believe there's a creator (or there may be)"? Someone too might assume the possibility of existence of something that transcends our world and has some sort of influence on it. This doesn't imply spirituality or religiousness.

Sounds like bait or underage.
>>
Look into chan Buddhism.
>>
>>17853376
Sounds like Buddhism. Pacifism, and the fact that they don't believe sex is a religious matter (I think).
>>
>>17853412
I meant that while I don't believe in any religion, I'm open minded about the possiblity of there being a God, after-world etc. Sorry if I'm not explaining myself well.
>>
>>17853406
I think I read somewhere Islam started out as a relatively decent religion then Mohammad came and shit all over it and turned it into what it is today, and they've been at it like you said for hundreds of years.

Most religions have been bastardized but it seems Islam took a real bad turn with Mohammad.
>>
Do you guys follow any religion? I'm so confused about the matter of religion, as I grew up, all the stories in the holy books started to sound so dumb but still there's a feeling inside me, like an instinct, that there's something. Praying makes me feel calm. Maybe it's placebo effect. Or maybe it is because of being taught about religion from very early ages. But it makes me mad that I can never be fully sure if I believe or not.
>>
>>17853431
Muhammad founded Islam and wrote the Quran himself, there was no Islam before him.
>>
>>17853422
Belief is something that you "feel" is right when have none or almost none information on the subject. The possibilities are endless, there are probably thousands of religious groups and they can all be wrong (and probably are) with their assumptions. So it doesn't really matter, you can basically pick any that makes you "feel" good or a better person or whatever (doesn't necessarily makes you one). I'm not even going to go into "good" vs "evil" thing. This is kinda controversial topic at best.

>>17853442
This is what I mean by that and I don't mean it in a bad way. It just illustrates well what i was saying about "feeling".
>>
>>17853442
I'm Jewish and I used to be quite religious when I was young but back in 2004 when I was 16 or so I went on one of these big Jewish youth group trips and that fucked that up.

So this trip I went on seemed to be designed to answer the question (which I hadn't asked but whatever) of "why does Israel need to exist". They do this by first taking you to Prague which has the only major Jewish district to survive ww2, and say this is what the Jewish community looked like before the Holocaust. Then you go to Poland and see the ghettos and concentration camps and everything to show how this community was then destroyed. Then you go to Israel and they say instead of rebuilding as it was the decision was made to create a Jewish country so we can all wat h out for each other and prevent this kind of thing.

Now that's all fine, but after coming face to face with genocide and man's true inhumanity I had a lot of trouble believing in a good and caring god. If he does exist he CLEARLY doesn't care about what we do to each other, so saw little point in organized religion after that.
>>
One thing that turns me off of religions is their followers. Almost all religious people that I know are fucking idiots. I live in middle east and religious people are like the cancer of our countries. The government can control these religious masses however they want, using religion. They won't question anything at all. Why something that's supposed to be good for us causes most of the shit we suffer from? It's like we would almost be better off without Islam.
>>
>>17853536
>It's like we would almost be better off without Islam.
No need for the almost, you would be better off without it. My advice is to leave your shithole country for the west.
>>
>>17853549
>My advice is to leave your shithole country for the west.
That's my biggest wish. But it's easier said than done. I wouldn't hire someone from the MI if I was an employer living in the west. There will be heavy (imo justified) prejudgement towards me.It won't be easy to find a job, and it doesn't help that I'm majoring in a useless field (linguistics). But I won't miss the chance If I ever get one, I'd rather scrub toilets there than be stuck here.
>>
>>17853412
agree doesn't imply religiousness but spirituality seems a very good word to describe what you mention in a short easy to understand manner. What would you call it? always keen to learn and can't think of a better synonym at the moment.... it's late her and heads not running cleanly on all cylinders right now
>>
>>17853470
yes also endorse concept that believing in something is what will lead to it becoming your personal reality but not necessarily someone elses
>>
File: onefaith.jpg (10KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
onefaith.jpg
10KB, 287x175px
>>17853376
>I'm going through some hard times, and I feel the need to fullfill myself spiritually. I wanna believe in a religion.
Christianity is the only real religion.
>but I don't believe in abrahamic religions.
Then you won't find faith, because there is no other true faith that isn't Christianity. You will find a mockery of cult followed by other hipsters that you will end up dropping since you will gain no fulfillment from it at all.
>>17853431
You read wrong.
>>
>>17853549
>My advice is to leave your shithole country for the west.
How about you shut the fuck up? His ""people"" are destroying the west.
>>
>>17853883
Basically, if someone believes in "god", (whatever meaning they put in this word), normally this would imply belief in duality (i.e., existence of spirit/soul/whatever). Spirituality then would be connecting with and understanding "god" and your soul or whatever. Religiousness is just being a devotee of a religion. Though I still would say that one might assume existence of a "god" without assuming existence of soul, it just depends on the way you define "god" and which qualities you assign to it(him/her?). If I go any further from this it'll just turn into theological rambling which i don't really like, so i won't.

>>17853910
In my opinion, you should consider exploring philosophy instead of religions. You then will be capable of making your own opinion on the subject. Start with greeks and go from there if you have no background, if you have a background then try expanding your knowledge, ask /lit/ for guidance or something.
>>
>>17853883
>>17853910
And don't listen to someone who says you should follow specific religion like this guy >>17853971 it's the worst thing you can do. "Following" religion isn't just accepting some theological assumptions, it's also engaging with people and institutions who follow and represent this religion. Go out and to talk to people, ask questions, watch for reactions, be intellectually honest, use common sense, you know the drill.
>>
Join a sex cult.
>>
>>17853409
You do realize that you just proved that the Quran was right about the Earth's shape.
>>
Deism is what you're looking for OP.
>>
>>17853376
Why not just find peace in yourself? Be a man/woman and find fulfillment in your own way.

>>17853387
>>Doesn't have scientifically inaccurate bullshit like christianity or judaism or hinduism or buddhism

That golden age ended forever bro. Religion is irrational at heart anyway if you give it any serious thought.
>>
>>17853387
>islam
>best religion

Choose one
>>
File: 1467673018620.gif (2MB, 500x683px) Image search: [Google]
1467673018620.gif
2MB, 500x683px
Just use your brain and do what you think is right. Don't stress about it and just be a good person, that's it. If a God would burn and torture me fire all eternity in Hell despite my good deeds for simply not believing that he was real, he doesn't seem to deserve respect. The whole heaven and hell thing sounds like a scam if you ask me. I like the idea of the bad who get away with things here getting punished and the good getting rearwarded for sure, but I don't see what believing in the creator has to do with anything. Seems made up to improve and control society. I don't dislike religion, but I can think for myself and be a good person without being rewarded in Heaven because it makes me feel good to be good to people.
>>
>>17853376
I'm gonna go out the left field here and refer you to spiritualism. The core essentials of Spiritualism is there's a spirit for every facet of life, animal, element and natural phenomenon. It's what the native Americans used to, and some still believe in.
>>
File: Sunken City Dwarka.jpg (167KB, 850x556px) Image search: [Google]
Sunken City Dwarka.jpg
167KB, 850x556px
>>17853376
Hinduism

> Oldest religion and sustained for so long
> Has lot of literature passed down generations
> does not force anyone to do anything
> Invented Ayurveda for physical well being
> Invented meditation for mental well being
> invented Yoga for physical and mental well being
> invented kanasutra for sex
> ......

What else do you need?
>>
>>17853376
Try Buddhism or Taoism. You can try Hinduism but I honestly don't know too much about that.

Really any east asian religion that centers around the teachings of Confuscious.
>>
http://www.ranker.com/list/most-peaceful-religions/stevo200

http://www.thetoptens.com/best-religions/

Enjoy your new religion
>>
File: 1480394059497.jpg (47KB, 383x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480394059497.jpg
47KB, 383x960px
Taoism is pretty based
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.