[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well does mayo hold up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: mayo.jpg (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
mayo.jpg
2KB, 225x225px
I rarely use mayo, so what's in the fridge has been there for like a year. It's approaching its best by date, but I assume that as long as it looks and smells normal, it's fine, right?
Googling this sort of thing gives me mixed answers, which I assume is because any official source would tell you to toss it at that date to cover their own ass even if it was fine.
>>
>>17853246
Eat half of it in one go, probably with bread.
If you feel okay in the next 12h, eat the remains.

Bon appetit.
>>
Best by dates are usually much sooner than when it actually starts to degrade, give it a fookin shot, mate
>>
>>17853246
How expensive is mayo in your country? Because it might turn out that toilet paper you spend on your diarrhoea will cost you more than buying a new fucking jar of mayo.

If you still wanna gamble I'd say it's fine if it was closed and refrigerated. Also as previous anon said, best before dates are always too soon just for the extra bit of safety in court when someone dies after eating spoiled mayo
>>
>>17853246
If it smells good it's good

This has yet to backfire on me when it comes to anything with eggs or dairy
>>
This anon is correct. >>17854015
There are way too many conservatives for anything to happen in a closed jar before the expiration date.
I'd really only worry if the jar had been open.
>>
>>17853246
Mayo holds up very well. You'll be fine. If it was off you could smell and for sure taste it.
>>
>>17853246
Remember mayonnaise is eggs and oil.

Eggs don't spoil easily when kept in good refrigeration condition.

I suggest, to avoid throwing it awa, to buy bread and cold cuts to make sandwiches with mayonnaise. Also try eating fries and mayonnaise, it's how the French and Belgians eat it and it's amaizing.

Mayonnaise is also good in salads. Try adding anchovies and clappers to the mayo and it will taste perfect for salads

Mayo is polivalent as fuck dude, use the internet to find out how to use it.

Mix mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together for a great dipping sauce for meat. This also works with chili ketchup, srirracha and relish. Although mayo and relish is more towards White fleshed fish.

/ck/ says hi
>>
>>17854125
>Clapper
Cappers, fuck autocorrect
>>
>>17854125
Two words.

Deviled. Eggs.

So good.
>>
>>17854137
>>17854137
THIS. The diarrhea is totally worth it.
>>
File: 1381814999688.png (64KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1381814999688.png
64KB, 1200x800px
>>17853443
>Eating half a jar of mayo in one sitting
You absolute madman.
>>
>>17853246
gross

eat that crap & you will be sick with food poisoning guaranteed
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.