[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we humiliate each other?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1480946574232.jpg (994KB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1480946574232.jpg
994KB, 4500x4334px
Why do We make fun of and Humiliate each other? I know I sound like. Wuss but I'm tired of this. I'm tired of taking in and dishing out negativity. I want to know the root cause of this cycle
>>
>>17852780

There's not root cause. People don't like one another for a variety of reasons. All you can do is look for less toxic relationships. You piece of shit.
>>
>>17852780
I'm with you on this OP
>>17852785
I've met so many people in life who are like this, and I ignore them but damn why do they do it?
>>
I believe that most times it's an agressive approach to transform or keep the pecking order in a social group.

If you step over someone it means you're not at the bottom and that assures you another day without the anxiety of being seen as what you truly are.
>>
>>17852863

This. People put others down because it makes them feel better about themselves. 9 times out of 10, if someone has it out for you but you never actually did anything to them, you can bet it's because of feelings of jealousy or inferiority they harbor towards you.

People that are truly confident and sure of themselves are always sweet and genuine because they have no reason to trash talk others and put them down. The "cocky asshole" persona is an extremely thin facade that betrays a deep seated insecurity. I have a lot of friends like this - a lot of them are really good looking, talented, and funny (especially when being mean to people) but, having known them for years, they all are extremely insecure of themselves.

Incidentally, I think racism is mostly motivated by the same base instinct. It's easier to demonize others than to empathize with them.
>>
>>17852948
>>17852863
I think you're right. I used to not believe this because it was hard for me to believe alphas were in secure. I have a black and white world view. But yore right. Am I naive?
>>
>>17852948
>9 times out of 10, if someone has it out for you but you never actually did anything to them, you can bet it's because of feelings of jealousy or inferiority they harbor towards you.
The times when I truly humiliated a person, I barely knew them at all. What did happen was that on these occasions I was kind of the center of attention and the darling in the room. Dissing these people was about being a bit drunk in power. The worse I treated someone, more highly the rest of the group thought of me.
Nowadays I look back on it with shame and I can't even apologize, because I don't even know the names of those people.
I think the assessment that we do it to feel better about ourselves holds true, but you really need no reason at all to pick a target except it being on your face.
>>
Some people find it funny to do so and the people they do it to want to get back at them.
>>
>>17854000
I'm not saying this is good, I actually think it can be annoying as fuck, but that's just the way it is.
>>
>>17854010
>>17854000
Will they fug
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.